MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glindathegood

Garbage thread

I want to hear this, but I don't have Apple Music! I've read mixed things about it from different people. Some people love it and others don't. I read it has less of a rock feeling and more electronics. People have mentioned songs sounding like Goldfrapp, Impossible era and Ladyhawke.

Not sure how I feel about that as I tend to like their more rock guitar based stuff more. I really loved Bleed Like Me, their most rock leaning album.

It seems more atmospheric than having obvious singles.

Trying to hold out until Friday when the CD is in my hands.

HhXxn4.gif

there are goldfrapp elements but not in a bad way. the choruses have that goldfrapp feel in like 2-3 songs but otherwise, pretty dark, solid album. not sure if its better than not your kind of people yet

Latest reviews are way more positive now. Currently it's at 74 on Metacritic.

I hated Not Your Kind of People. There I said it.

I love NYKOP...LOVE IT! ARTWORK, VIDEOS SONGS, BSIDES, EVERYTHING, BONUS TRACKS ETC...

The new record is taking a minute but it's really revealing itself to being something very dark and special.

I love NYKOP too.

The new one sounds much better through headphones.

Is Strange Little Birds is homage to Strange Little Girls?

The reviews are becoming real good now: 76 on Metacritic. Still waiting for Pitchfork, SPIN and RollingStone.

The album is getting really good reviews, but on my first couple of listens I'm not crazy about it. But maybe it takes longer to get into. It's kind of atmospheric, rather than having actual songs that grab you.

I really wanted to like it, but it didn't really do it for me.

Always liked that Mason said she was influenced by Siouxsie Sioux from back in the day! Also, only heard two tracks so far, so will watch out for other tracks and will hopefully like it.....

Tickets for DC go on sale tomorrow. I must get some!

Pitchfork will shit on it for sure.

Hell probably freezes over : pitchfork give it a good review.

I didn't like it at first, but the more I listen to it I really love it!

I liked it at first listen but it was so dark and atmospheric, I didn't feel like it was that great but I've forced repeated listens and now it's really growing on me!!! It's great!!!

I liked it at first listen but it was so dark and atmospheric, I didn't feel like it was that great but I've forced repeated listens and now it's really growing on me!!! It's great!!!

I feel the same. I got my tickets for the DC show in August. Yeah!

Pitchfork will shit on it for sure.

It got a 7.0 from Pitchfork. Considering Pitchfork's reputation, it's a good grade.

It got a 7.0 from Pitchfork. Considering Pitchfork's reputation, it's a good grade.

The review they wrote was really excellent. Pitchfork is weird in that the actual number grade is an average of all their critics, not just the one who wrote the actual review. So it's kind of hard to get a super high rating from them since naturally what may be a great album to one person may be not so good to someone else.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21953-strange-little-birds/

I've just finished my first listen. It's definitely a strong album. However, I find it all starts to get a bit tiring after "Even Though Our Love Is Doomed". Tracks 7-9 sound samey, but then things pick up again with "Teaching Little Fingers To Play" and "Amends".

My favorite tracks are: "Blackout", "If I Lost You" ( :inlove: ) and "Teaching Little Fingers To Play".

I've been listening to the album all day, I thought it was very slow and atmospheric at first, wasn't sure how I felt, but it's really growing on me, love the depeche mode -esq synths and drums in some of the songs, reminds me of "It's No Good", Even Though Our Love Is Doomed has really grown on me, reminds me of You Look So Fine / Milk.

I didn't like it at first, but the more I listen to it I really love it!

god, the album is a total grower. I hate when people say that they don't like it after a few listenings but then they come back to say that they love it now.

Typical.

:sleep:

Got the album today. AMAZING.

The vinyl edition has an unlisted bonus track called "Fucking With You' on the etched side. :D

PS - Oh. Shirley...

tumblr_nvetfc00qC1sdp156o2_500.png

*swoon*

Wow the album is EPIC!! just finishes a full listen agajn and the way it ends is so powerful. Amends is a perfect closer. I love how she doesn't rhyme when it sounds like an obvious rhyme but uses a line that hits you harder. Every lyric is so strong

What a great album! Better than what I thought it was going to be.