MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glindathegood

Garbage thread

Didn't love the song immediately as much as I loved the first single from their last record BUT now I LOVE IT! The lyrics literally speak to me so personally.

They have announced dates in the US and Europe. Mostly festivals. But a few solo concerts. I'm happy because DC is on the list. They are here August 3 at the Lincoln Theatre. They are also playing Summerstage in Central Park. I remember going to some great concerts there when I lived in NYC.

I'm going!

The new one is just ok. I liked better these:

Not for me! I guess everyone has different taste in music.

Re listening to all the albums and bleed like me is not as bad as I remember...I'm so excited for their new album! Love everything about them!

They started their tour in France. Here's the setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/garbage/2016/la-cartonnerie-reims-france-53fe87c5.html

Great setlist! They are doing my all time favorite song by them. The Trick is to Keep Breathing.

Great interview with Shirley from Billboard. She reveals that she was sexually assaulted when she was 13.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7385825/shirley-manson-revisits-childhood-sexual-trauma-talks-feminism-new-garbage-album

It's funny to think my three favorite artists Madonna, Tori Amos and Shirley have all been victims of some type of rape or sexual assault. I guess that's why I"m drawn to them being a rape survivor myself or maybe I just like the dark side of life.

Great interview with Shirley from Billboard. She reveals that she was sexually assaulted when she was 13.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7385825/shirley-manson-revisits-childhood-sexual-trauma-talks-feminism-new-garbage-album

It's funny to think my three favorite artists Madonna, Tori Amos and Shirley have all been victims of some type of rape or sexual assault. I guess that's why I"m drawn to them being a rape survivor myself or maybe I just like the dark side of life.

Great article! Man, I'm so excited for this album!!!!!!!! AHHH! Empty is like my autobiography in the most general lyrical sense but it's exactly how I've been feeling for so long. Really speaks to me.

Oh! sorry to hear you went through that awful experience as well.

I love Shirley, thanks for sharing the link.

Preview of the second single. Our Love is Doomed.

OMG I love it!!!

Here's the whole song.

I love their ballads! My favorite ones are The Trick is to Keep Breathing, It's all Over but the Crying and Happy Home.

Yes the lyric video is beautiful and there's a lot of layered meaning in the song about the chaotic state of the world we are in.

And that sexy bass line is EVERYTHING! If it were the 90's this would've been in some movie soundtrack like empire records, wild things, or 200 cigarettes or go!

I like the new song.

I cannot wait for this album!

Here is a live performance of another new song called Blackout.

Butch Vig, the drummer and famed Nirvana producer is not there with them for some reason. Perhaps, he is ill. I'm not sure why.

My thirst for this album is real even though they've consistently disappointed me since BeautifulGarbage.

My thirst for this album is real even though they've consistently disappointed me since BeautifulGarbage.

Not your kind of people was amazing!!! Idk what you're talking about! Lol

I sort of agree with you, sadly. :( I really want to love the new album.

girlfriends-maya-oh-hell-no-o.gif

Really, I think I love every song they've ever recorded... b-sides, RSD exclusives and all.

^^^ I'm beginning to feel that way. Every album has had a very specific sound to them. Pretty magical stuff all throughout their discography. I really really love them!

Can't fucking wait for the new album, the single is GREAT, and I'm seeing them live NEXT WEEK in Milan !!! :headbang:

My body is ready!

I love Empty. Cannot wait for the album to come out.

The clips are promising. "If I Lost You" sounds a bit… goldfrappish. I like that.

The new album is available today on Apple Music.

Need more spins, but wasn't really impressed after the first listen.

OK but Not Your Kind of People was much better.

This album's not as strong as their others but "Empty", "We Never Tell", "Sometimes", and "Magnetized" are great tracks! I love how their signature stamp of meshing genres together is still detectable in their music.

Album definitely needs more time to grow on me.