Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

Well AVicci is right, his demo is way better than the album version. He's a producer, so it's about the money too, RH had a potential commercial success in its first form, the album version is forgettable

In my opinion, the album version compliments the overall theme. Great ending for the deluxe. The final lyric of the album is "heart" and the effect is I want to hear this album again vibe. The demo is good and hopefully will be used with remix for Dance/Club

Ugh! I just heard his interview. His attitude reminded me of Timbaland's back in the HC era when he said he was going to give Madonna "his"sound. So arrogant! They are working on her album, she calls the shots. Wasn't there a problem with Shep during the Bedtime Stories recording sessiobs similar to this? Or was it in the ROL sessions, with Dallas Austin?

Wow, way to twist someone's words. I happen to really like the Avicii demos (and most of the final tracks). RH the song was indeed ruined, but the rest were improved or maintained the original spirit/sound. I know some people weren't jazzed when his name first popped up in regard to the album (I was one of them until I revisited his album), but I would have loved a whole album with the tracks they did together.

Ugh! I just heard his interview. His attitude reminded me of Timbaland's back in the HC era when he said he was going to give Madonna "his"sound. So arrogant! They are working on her album, she calls the shots. Wasn't there a problem with Shep during the Bedtime Stories recording sessiobs similar to this? Or was it in the ROL sessions, with Dallas Austin?

You're possibly thinking of Nellee Hooper

carta.jpg

I loved Avicii even before the collaboration with Madonna was announced and I appreciate his other work too. But it's true that RH demo is more Avicii than Madonna. It would be a great remix or a featuring on Avicii's album. I actually hope that this will happen, from all the DJs that release albums with vocal collaborations it's Avicii that I would want to do a track with Madonna. In the album context I prefer the final version, it's more Madonna, has more focus on the lyrics and suits the album sound better.

Guest Pud Whacker

Evidently she doesn't if she can't release one disc of rebel and one of heart.

Evidently she doesn't if she can't release one disc of rebel and one of heart.

I noticed that as well. If she's paying for it, who gives a fuck what the record label thinks?! Something ain't right with that.

The label didn't have any problem releasing 3 or 4 different versions of the same record! I'm a MEGA HARDCORE FAN and the various versions of Rebel Heart confused me. I can't even imagine what the general public thought.

I noticed that as well. If she's paying for it, who gives a fuck what the record label thinks?! Something ain't right with that.

Yeah, good pointing out Pud. But anways, I want to think M has a bit more freedom in terms of what music to do/produce. Though I remember she was going to work with the Pet Shop Boys for what became HC and someone (Guy? WBR?) insisted on Timbo. Who knows! But even though Avicci's RH sounds as Coldplays's A sky full of stars and, therefore, as a potential hit, I am happy with the singles so far, their sound is much more interesting.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with Pud. The different versions of RH yet they couldn't release one rebel and one heart? It's weird

I quite like the version of RH on the album- if I'm in the minority, I'm proud to be. Can I get an AMEN?

AMEN! I agree!

He continued his assault on the living legend by admitting he preferred the leaked demo.

He said: "I thought it was better. It was more me."

If he said this then that pretty much says it all. Maybe he needs a lesson in humility...and how many people keep on stroking these egos. Let it go and open your mind to something different.