Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

Hard Candy and MDNA have not aged well ( the same goes for AL too) RH will not age well too ,when i said age plays an important role on puting good music out some mocked me, that age is an irrelevant factor ,but it's not

Know many fans argue various M albums have not aged well including some of the classics, but does not mean they don't sound good and can be appreciated years later, including much of AL, HC, and MDNA.

Like also others have said before, many fans ripped apart HC, but they eventually came to enjoy it later on.

Guest Pud Whacker

ive never understood the 'dated' or 'aged' comments. the reason people revisit or study or there are revivals is because people like a sound of 'that moment in time'. usually if someone is revisiting and making the sounds, they put a modern twist on it. thats what people call...music.

:rotfl:

Guest Medoner

I get why some of you wouldve loved to see your preferred version on the official tracklist but the tracks are still there. Treat them like cool remixes and enjoy

Whenever there's a discussion about the demos/RH etc some people have to constantly bring up how bad AL, HC and MDNA were ..... Why oh why. Can't they ever let those three just be? :lol:

The irony is that the trap songs are what is going to sound the most dated, not the Avicci produced ones. (Although I agree about the whole dated concept)

People will be able to listen to them and say that is so 2015. Dance/pop music will always be popular, that's why I hear her 80s songs played daily 30 years later.

Guest Pud Whacker

She's just addressed the decision not to use the Avicci version on the album via her instagram!

ive never understood the 'dated' or 'aged' comments. the reason people revisit or study or there are revivals is because people like a sound of 'that moment in time'. usually if someone is revisiting and making the sounds, they put a modern twist on it. thats what people call...music.

Yes, I have always been baffled by people talking about music being dated and aged. So can we say that Beethoven, Bach, Mozart etc music is dated ? If you love hearing a song, you love it. Who cares if and when it was made. Music should be appreciated because you personally love it or enjoy hearing it. Worrying about how it "ages" spoils the fun of listening.

The whole "it's gonna sound dated" or it sounded "dated" thing is so annoying. All songs age and represent the era and time they were released.

Avicii represented 2013, not 2015.

Most of Madonna's albums sound like products of their time (except Music/American Life which are completely off the curves). The people here who are defending how it is okay to release dated music are probably the ones that were screaming how dated 4 Minutes/Hard Candy were back in 2008 :rotfl:

That being said, I don't think the Rebel Heart demo sounds dated like the other Avicii demos (WAOM and Borrowed Time are the WORST)

The irony is that we are in the middle of 2015 yet many here are oracles and know how the music scene will sound in the future...

So do you believe trap music will be around for a long time to come?

One song that proves to me that Avicii did a great job on this album and is not just a generic EDM producer is Heart Break City. I thought it would have been a different producer that did this song, to me it has some of the most interesting production on the entire album.

Was Queen and ATB actually on the her homepage to sample at one time?

Thought Queen never made it on any of RH editions and ATB was released on one edition in one or two countries.

They had them under the tracklist for the Super Deluxe edition. you couldn't sample them it was just the text. Queen wasn't on any release and ATB is on the German Edition of the album

The demo still has a strong acoustic sound and it's structured perfectly. The demo has so much soul and the chorus soars effortlessly.

And what's all this talk about how the demo is EDM? Do you guys know what EDM even stands for? Electronic dance music. I don't hear an overabundance of synths or unbearable big room drops in the demo.

The album version is just an acoustic demo slapped on with a lazy drum pattern and distorted bass. It's just so....basic.

BRAVO

Dailystar has changed the headline to:

LISTEN: 'My demos were better' Hear Avicii on Madonna's latest album

Link

avicii

4 hours ago
Thank you @daily_star for correcting the headline - and rest of article - after hearing the actual audio recording of the interview!

https://instagram.com/p/3parHSLp7l/?taken-by=avicii

omg they added the audio interview

XXL,

Is that Madonna and Jessica Fletcher in your sig? When? what? how?

:yes:

Like Kurt420 said, it was backstage at the 1988 Tony Awards

Madonna presented an award and brought the house down with her speech

Jessica was there to look for pop lessers' careers, it was the only case she wasn't able to crack

JESSI-2-248x376.jpg

anigif_optimized-29885-1425844478-6.gif