Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

to address the demo vs final version issue one last time. To all of those know it alls preaching to people how Madonna had this clear vision of what should be the final version - it seems she wasn't that clear on which versions to choose either.

Did the Rebel Heart leaks change anything about the way the album was released?

It changed everything. First of all, it drove me insane—and made me feel an overwhelming sense of anxiety. It made me second guess everything, because suddenly I thought, ‘Oh god, everyone’s heard all these demos.’ There were some demos that I actually liked the demo version of, and I thought, ‘Well they heard the demo, now they’re going to be expecting other things.’ Then they heard the next level of versions, and it kept making me think ‘Should I change it, or should I just leave it how it was?’ I was second guessing everything rather than having to just choose for myself and put it out as I would normally, as an artist. The way he leaked it and the way the stuff started coming out and coming out and coming out in all these different incarnations, it kind of drove me crazy. Then it started making me think I don’t even know what version I should be putting out. Some people were like ‘Ooh, I love it! I love it!’ and I was like, ‘No, don’t love it, because that’s not the thing.’ So, it was crazy-making.. From now on I’ll stay off the Web. Everything will be hand delivered

- See more at: http://jonalisblog.com/2015/03/10/bitch-i-interviewed-madonna-the-queen-of-pop-on-her-new-album-rebel-heart-more/#sthash.skT1SB6W.dpuf

Some demos were actually better than the finished work. As a producer he is entitled to have a say, especially if he didnt like the final output. Anyway Living for love is not a great song in any form. Rebel Heart demo was better.

funny-gif-monkey-pees.gif

to address the demo vs final version issue one last time. To all of those know it alls preaching to people how Madonna had this clear vision of what should be the final version - it seems she wasn't that clear on which versions to choose either.

It changed everything. First of all, it drove me insane—and made me feel an overwhelming sense of anxiety. It made me second guess everything, because suddenly I thought, ‘Oh god, everyone’s heard all these demos.’ There were some demos that I actually liked the demo version of, and I thought, ‘Well they heard the demo, now they’re going to be expecting other things.’ Then they heard the next level of versions, and it kept making me think ‘Should I change it, or should I just leave it how it was?’ I was second guessing everything rather than having to just choose for myself and put it out as I would normally, as an artist. The way he leaked it and the way the stuff started coming out and coming out and coming out in all these different incarnations, it kind of drove me crazy. Then it started making me think I don’t even know what version I should be putting out. Some people were like ‘Ooh, I love it! I love it!’ and I was like, ‘No, don’t love it, because that’s not the thing.’ So, it was crazy-making.. From now on I’ll stay off the Web. Everything will be hand delivered

- See more at: http://jonalisblog.com/2015/03/10/bitch-i-interviewed-madonna-the-queen-of-pop-on-her-new-album-rebel-heart-more/#sthash.skT1SB6W.dpuf

Some people were like ‘Ooh, I love it! I love it!’ and I was like, ‘No, don’t love it, because that’s not the thing.’

Seems like she's talking about the Rebel Heart or maybe WAOM demos lol. People loved it the first time it leaked but it wasn't what she intended on putting on the album. She probably did consider putting on the dance version, but maybe it wasn't the one she liked most?

Guest Pud Whacker

Thank you Hyper!

i mean fuck. these fans. theyre clueless.

what happened is that this is ANOTHER LEAK that happened since MUSIC. and she always says, oh theyre incomplete, theyre different. well, they never are. music was exactly the same. and she didnt want to seem like a old fool again. so she handed them over to a non talent. kanye. and he ruined everything. hes beatless. even though hes GAY FISH, he has that mouth and that mouth cant hear a beat. :rotfl:

there you go, file that FANS. and lets move along.

tumblr_np6iqjOQQL1qlycwjo1_r1_400.gif

^ dealing with Madonna Fans. :lol:

Thank you Hyper!

what happened is that this is ANOTHER LEAK that happened since MUSIC. and she always says, oh theyre incomplete, theyre different. well, they never are. music was exactly the same. and she didnt want to seem like a old fool again. so she handed them over to a non talent. kanye. and he ruined everything. hes beatless. even though hes GAY FISH, he has that mouth and that mouth cant hear a beat. :rotfl:

:clap:

Thank you Hyper!

kanye west a non talent? and who's got talent ? Avicii? please ..

Guest Rachelle of London

Only Madonna could be bashed for choosing what goes on her own album. Rebel Heart is her album, not Aviccis. She'll probably just end up using his versions on tour anyway if they're more dancey.

Only Madonna could be bashed for choosing what goes on her own album. Rebel Heart is her album, not Aviccis. She'll probably just end up using his versions on tour anyway if they're more dancey.

+ 1

Thank you Hyper!

She wanted Kanye to reinvent all of the songs on Rebel Heart before the leaks, but the leaks probably stopped that from happening since it made her have to release the album earlier.

I'm sure he would have done a great job considering he did very well on the songs he did produce. But the album still turned out perfect. Couldn't ask for a better one xo.

Guest Pud Whacker

sheep along, sally. miss preferenceless...

Guest Rachelle of London

sheep along, sally. miss preferenceless...

I can't have a preference because I never heard the other versions. I just don't see what is so awful about Rebel Heart that is all. It's a great album. Sorry you hate it so much. It may grow on you in the future.

kanye west a non talent? and who's got talent ? Avicii? please ..

Kanye West is hugely overrated yes. But so are all of these "superstar DJs" of today's landscape. And let's face it most people that collaborate with Madonna rarely end up lasting as long.

Fact is some like the demo version of RH and WAOM more than the album versions and viceversa. However Avicii's whining to a trashy paper post things done is childish and accusing them of manipulating words after having given them an interview in the first place really takes the biscuit

What does he expect them to do? That's their job. It sounds like William Orbit's ranting mid MDNA Tour. Let it go. Madonna has every right to rethink any project or change course of production, regardless of the reason or the circumstances. As much as the fans have every right to say whichever version they preferred between the two. Ain't no big deal

Guest Pud Whacker

I can't have a preference because I never heard the other versions. I just don't see what is so awful about Rebel Heart that is all. It's a great album. Sorry you hate it so much. It may grow on you in the future.

as ive said a million times, i absolutely DONT HATE THE FINAL VERSION. its just another strum along ballad on the album and there are quite a few of those on the 23 track album.

i just think the original one that leaked in november is a knock out. everybody loved it, everyone was reviewing those first two songs (WAOM) that weekend from the new york post to roger ugly freidman and they were saying, OMG MADONNA MAY HAVE A HIT ALBUM AGAIN. and thats it.

She wanted Kanye to reinvent all of the songs on Rebel Heart before the leaks, but the leaks probably stopped that from happening since it made her have to release the album earlier.

I'm sure he would have done a great job considering he did very well on the songs he did produce. But the album still turned out perfect. Couldn't ask for a better one xo.

Did not know this info because did not read most media articles or interviews regarding RH.

Glad Kanye did not "reinvent" other tracks just because don't like him at all, but realize fans here like his work.

Kanye West is hugely overrated yes. But so are all of these "superstar DJs" of today's landscape. And let's face it most people that collaborate with Madonna rarely end up lasting as long.

Fact is some like the demo version of RH and WAOM more than the album versions and viceversa. However Avicii's whining to a trashy paper post things done is childish and accusing them of manipulating words after having given them an interview in the first place really takes the biscuit

What does he expect them to do? That's their job. It sounds like William Orbit's ranting mid MDNA Tour. Let it go. Madonna has every right to rethink any project or change course of production, regardless of the reason or the circumstances. As much as the fans have every right to say whichever version they preferred between the two. Ain't no big deal

+ 1 ,Avicii gave Daily Star an interview after all

Did not know this info because did not read most media articles or interviews regarding RH.

Glad Kanye did not "reinvent" other tracks just because don't like him at all, but realize fans here like his work.

She talks about it here

as ive said a million times, i absolutely DONT HATE THE FINAL VERSION. its just another strum along ballad on the album and there are quite a few of those on the 23 track album.

i just think the original one that leaked in november is a knock out. everybody loved it, everyone was reviewing those first two songs (WAOM) that weekend from the new york post to roger ugly freidman and they were saying, OMG MADONNA MAY HAVE A HIT ALBUM AGAIN. and thats it.

Carry on preaching and serving that truth tea about "Rebel Heart" (the SONG). Avicii demo version reigns supreme.

Guest Pud Whacker

Carry on preaching and serving that truth tea about "Rebel Heart" (the SONG). Avicii demo version reigns supreme.

:rotfl:

i dont know why its universally ok to hate HARD CANDY & MDNA on here but you cant prefer the Rebel Heart demo. :lmao:

According to Madonna, West was initially interested in going through all of the Rebel Heart tracks and offering feedback, as Rick Rubin did for Yeezus. But because of West's schedule, "He ended up only working on four songs, and then we wrote another song together, which is going to be on his record," she said.

Their schedules didn't sync up. We could have had an entire album with Kanye production credits but it didn't happen because of their schedules and probably the leak too.
I can't wait for her song on his album though.

:rotfl:

i dont know why its universally ok to hate HARD CANDY & MDNA on here but you cant prefer the Rebel Heart demo. :lmao:

Give them a couple of years and it'll be okay with them then. ;)