Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

I think Wash All Over Me was ruined on the album more so than Rebel Heart. I mean I am now at the point where I don't mind it but still I remember going ape shit when I heard the WAOM demo and then the final product was nothing as it was

a lot of the demos have really interesting instrumentals... back that (the little sound that keeps coming back.. it's so catchy) .. & never let you go.. the little screams/intro of borrowed time, even revolution.. love all middle eastern sounds in nothing lasts forever..

and of course tragic girl is really beautiful.

I understand that some people can prefer the demo version... but say M "ruined" the song? Fuck off.

tumblr_m7w2mpGqws1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Well he is Right. Rebel Heart plus some of the other demos are way better than the album versions. Having said that i dont think it would of made a big difference in terms of sales. The leaks, ageism, and other factors are to blame in my opinion.

He did wonders with all the songs he touched in Rebel Heart. He may be a prick, but I thank him for elevating those songs to a higher level.

totally agree!!!!

Some demos were actually better than the finished work. As a producer he is entitled to have a say, especially if he didnt like the final output. Anyway Living for love is not a great song in any form. Rebel Heart demo was better.

I hope Madonna works with less producers and writing teams for the next album.

Would love a more stripped down album next time around

yes. just pat leonard. a lot of those other producers or writers don't even seem to really appreciate madonna.

Well considering they have the recording of him saying it, I'd wager it's true. And I agree with him. "Rebel Heart" (vocoder demo) was brilliant. I've deleted the final version from my iTunes and replaced it with the original demo that leaked last November. As for whether or not that would've been a hit, we'll never know. Madonna's always going to have issues having hits now. I do think that a "more pop" sound would do better (as is present in the demo version), but really, by how much?

I mean, we all thought massive promotion would help this LP more than MDNA's paultry promo, but she'd did more promotion than ever and here we are barely cracking 200k in the U.S. and praying for 1 million ww. All bets are off anymore.

LOL, the beauty of this discussion is that it is about which version of the tracks we love the most. During HC and MDNA discussions were about how much hate/love there was for particular tracks and tour versions. We are definitely back on track here, I am glad! :thumbsup: