Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

Um...sorry but he's *totally right! lol Tired/moved on subject matter but think the masses have spoken that the 'demo' that leaked (and obviously NOT used on the album) was an instant possible smash. No doubt though his quotes and the interview were 90%+ prob. fabricated but his core point is totally accurate! To this day I think most people/ fans are totally still like why the F did she not feel his production on RH and WAOM etc...when that 'sound' is totally classic Madonna yet very contemporary.

I prefer the "demo versions" of RH and WAOM too with their original speed and production. They were simply perfect. They are possibly the only two demos out of the demogate batch I've had a chance to listen to. However if he actually did say those things he's obviously bitter that it went from a Madonna & Viking Harem project to a Madonna and Diplo project, add the sensationalistic tabloid BS of course and you get that title

ATTENTION "dated sound" "prefer Avicii version blah blah is beyond me" yata yata blah blah "album version is >>>>" GUM FLAPPERS:

Flap your gums all you like, FACT remains, the Avicci "dated sound" is irrelevant, they took what all the fans, critics and haters alike considered one of Madonna's BEST tracks in over a decade (sound, beat, singing, feel, message, emotion, poured Her heart out and WE all felt it, full of life and joy WORK OF ART) and turned it into a mere lifeless track...so much so that if it wasn't for the Avicii version no one would have even noticed it or mention it but the die hard fans!

Fact: Madonna chose the album version

Fact: The album version came after the dance demo in the timeline

Fact: The album version is LIFE get used to it.

No the album version of RH is an earlier demo version of the dance one.

The Avicii demo just doesn't fit musically on the album. M should've given the Avicii demo version to dj dahi&blood diamonds; look what a great job they did a with Devil Pray

The Avicii demo just doesn't fit musically on the album. M should've given the Avicii demo version to dj dahi&blood diamonds; look what a great job they did a with Devil Pray

I think it would have fitted perfectly. There are so many different types of songs and styles on Rebel Heart which personally I love. A great diverse and rich album.

Kanye had already reworked WAOM (and the other tracks) BEFORE anything leaked. How many times do I have to explain this? :megamanson: Read that Mojo interview and stop acting like she was forced to change them because of the leaks.

Kanye had already reworked WAOM (and the other tracks) BEFORE anything leaked. How many times do I have to explain this? :megamanson: Read that Mojo interview and stop acting like she was forced to change them because of the leaks.

Exactly. Thank you.

The leak definitely affected M's choices for the final versions.

I would have loved Dahl and Blood Diamonds to have produced the whole album...and I wonder how the Disclosure production would have worked out.

First of all: label choice ??? I thought Interscope only made the distribution and Madonna's team did the rest.

Second of all: I wonder what Avicii really said .

Third of all :Rebel Heart demo is great but Madonna didnt like it. I love the album version too but I wonder what really happened. Some say it was a punishment for the leaks (as if!!) but I guess it was a punishment against Avicii himself

First of all: label choice ??? I thought Interscope only made the distribution and Madonna's team did the rest.

Second of all: I wonder what Avicii really said .

Third of all :Rebel Heart demo is great but Madonna didnt like it. I love the album version too but I wonder what really happened. Some say it was a punishment for the leaks (as if!!) but I guess it was a punishment against Avicii himself

I think Avicii got really sick in the middle of the process. Why would she punish him?

I don't know but Madonna is nowadays very very respectful with artists. It's not her style to go and change everything. But I am only thinking of possibilities of course.

Have you heard demo 5? x

If you don't have it that's okay, but it's been out since before the leaks though.

I'll repeat my question, because you must have missed it earlier. Which is Demo #5?

Guest Rachelle of London

You lot are all getting worked up over an article in the Daily Star?

:dead:

Bloody hell

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Fact: The album version is STERILE get used to it.

The Daily Star is like the Onion, not officially though. Read the rest of their stories and headlines and you'll get it's just outrageous made up shit per usual with them. Sometimes it's funny, the Gaga fart problems 2 years ago is still a classic.

But the mere fact they know the demo and can make an article about how better it is compared to the album version (which i don't believe it is) says a lot about Madonna's popularity.

If he's talking just about the Rebel Heart song then I have no problem with his comments. There's a reason why the vast majority of us prefer the demo version. It doesn't sound dated at all. The demo still has a strong acoustic sound and it's structured perfectly. The demo has so much soul and the chorus soars effortlessly.

And what's all this talk about how the demo is EDM? Do you guys know what EDM even stands for? Electronic dance music. I don't hear an overabundance of synths or unbearable big room drops in the demo.

The album version is just an acoustic demo slapped on with a lazy drum pattern and distorted bass. It's just so....basic.

I'm just so bored of all these delusional fans being so defensive just because the majority of us prefer the demo.

:lmao:

Now that I have a shytload of the demos I can say none of them struck me - I sadly don't have Beautiful Scabs cuz I heard that one is superior. I didn't hear anything remarkable of the title track demos and I was looking for it but I don't think I want to hear an Avicii generica 21st century disco version of RH if that's what it is cuz I don't really like his work anyway, he has good hooks and bad production.