Avicii comments on demos vs final versions

Wash All Over Me album version is so epic and dramatic... I love it. I also enjoy Avicii's dance version, but the new one is million times better. It's not just a nice dance song, it's a highlight from an album that's already a highlight.

Wash All Over Me is one of my favorite songs from the album. it reminds me a bit of Tori Amos. Tori Amos and Madonna together, what could be better!! But Madonna said in an interview that she might do different versions on the tour than on the album. So it's possible she could do more dance version more like Avicii's original productions. I love the album, but I worry some of the slower songs might not work in the large venues she plays in, if she's doing a lot of songs from RH.

Wash All Over Me is one of my favorite songs from the album. it reminds me a bit of Tori Amos. Tori Amos and Madonna together, what could be better!! But Madonna said in an interview that she might do different versions on the tour than on the album. So it's possible she could do more dance version more like Avicii's original productions. I love the album, but I worry some of the slower songs might not work in the large venues she plays in, if she's doing a lot of songs from RH.

"Tragic Girl" is the song that reminds me of Tori. It's very Scarlet's Walk.

Avicii produced both versions of "Rebel Heart", though. They also have different vocal takes. I can't find the list that was here months ago of all of the known demos and which versions had been leaked, officially released etc., but maybe Avicii's issue is that he preferred his final version (the one that was leaked in November) and once he got sick and had to drop out of the project, Madonna went back to an earlier version (hence the difference of opinion - he left thinking they had the final version and then she changed her mind). Madonna did state that when Avicii got sick, she had to finish some of his tracks with other producers (the list of producers confirms this). RH, however, only has Avicii and Madonna listed as producers.

I absolutely prefer Avicii's favourite version. I thought it would make a brilliant single, but I stopped thinking it was a potential smash when I found out which version was appearing on the album. It's still a fantastic song, but it's nowhere near as catchy as the poppier version.

I only heard Wash All Over Me and Rebel Heart demos. WAOM was as lame as those Junior Vazquez remixes from the 90s. Rebel Heart was OK, but too jingle-like, in the same vein as the bulk of the MDNA tracks.

Eh, Aviici's sound is dead and buried.

Not in Australia - he's still having multiple hits here (two Top 10 singles here in the past seven months, and his latest single has just debuted in the Top 20). Ironically, Diplo has also had a #1 single, another Top 5 and a third enter the charts this week. Madonna hasn't charted a single here since "Girl Gone Wild" spent a week in the 90s over three years ago :(

Not in Australia - he's still having multiple hits here (two Top 10 singles here in the past seven months, and his latest single has just debuted in the Top 20). Ironically, Diplo has also had a #1 single, another Top 5 and a third enter the charts this week. Madonna hasn't charted a single here since "Girl Gone Wild" spent a week in the 90s over three years ago :(

Madonna doesn't have the privilege to sound on the radio these days whether she releases pure gold or pure shit. If she released Rebel Heart demo version as a single it would flop like the rest of the singles or any other song from the album or any album released by her.

Madonna doesn't have the privilege to sound on the radio these days whether she releases pure gold or pure shit. If she released Rebel Heart demo version as a single it would flop like the rest of the singles or any other song from the album or any album released by her.

The Nova network played LFL and GT regularly, although I can't say that I ever heard either of them on the radio myself. If they released RH as "Avicii feat. Madonna" (or even LFL as Diplo feat, Madonna), it might be a different story...

It doesn't alter the fact that the Avicii sound isn't "over"....

Loved the Rebel Heart demo and think it should have been on the album. As for the interviewer's comments and headlines, obviously made to create negative attention to Madonna as usual. Avicci was hardly slamming her, just giving his opinion on the finished product and said he preferred his original version - an opinion which he is entitled to give. The fact that he said the interviewer was "shitty" speaks volumes as well.

THIS.

It's a matter of personal taste...but I do think the incredible response to his demo version says a lot. For once, even I agree.

And his sound is not quite 'dated'...yet. Listen to pop/top 40 radio. There are still plenty of his EDM type elements all over the place.

If it wasn't for sexist/ageist bullshit...I could totally see a more finalized version of his Rebel Heart as something that radio would easily play. I was just hearing those elements all over pop radio yesterday in the car.

That being said, I don't think it's necessary to just slam the final album version either, as it's a nice album track.

Personally, I am glad his sound is off the other tracks though. The final version of WAOM is absolutely haunting and stunning (especially with those background vocals).... and Borrowed Time is far more pleasant and cohesive now without those noisy, unnecessary breakdowns.

Again, just personal taste at play. I am not a fan of those EDM breakdowns in acoustic songs. But with Rebel Heart...now that song worked.

But I thought we didn't want more EDM or featurings. And yeah, there are elements or even full songs with EDM in the charts, but we also didn't want Madonna to follow the trends.

The leaks and the early release in December (which seemed a good idea at the time) killed any chance for the singles to chart. The radio ban on her did the rest. Fortunately she promoted the album and that helped a lot. If she did the same kind of promo she did for MDNA it would have been TRAGIC.

Also, all the bad press and hatred this era didn't help at all. And this article many of you agree with just adds to it.

But I thought we didn't want more EDM or featurings. And yeah, there are elements or even full songs with EDM in the charts, but we also didn't want Madonna to follow the trends.

I want Madonna's music to be heard by as many people as possible, because it deserves to be. EDM, pop,acoustic, power ballads - it doesn't matter to me, as long as it's great (which it invariably is). It's criminal that she still produces brilliant music but it's ignored because she's "old".

Guest Pud Whacker

everyone knows which version is better, in their hearts. everyone.

lets just move along...

everyone knows which version is better, in their hearts. everyone.

lets just move along...

You can't speak for everyone xo. Hold your tongue.

The final version is the more Madonna version, and it's the version she chose to represent the song on the album. I think this article speaks volumes.

I want Madonna's music to be heard by as many people as possible, because it deserves to be. EDM, pop,acoustic, power ballads - it doesn't matter to me, as long as it's great (which it invariably is). It's criminal that she still produces brilliant music but it's ignored because she's "old".

I agree with you. But at the end for me at least it's the quality of music which she delivers in Rebel Heart. The fact that it's "ignored" is beyond her and us. As you also said, she's ignored and despised cause she's "old", not for the quality of her music. It's sad and unfair. She never has it easy. There are hordes of people waiting her every move to take it out of context and then drag her. This article is a very good example: Avicii just stated his opinion (whether we agree with him or not) in an interview which is most likely to be longer and this is just a small part of it, but of course he named Madonna and in a way that's very easy to take it and make it sound worse than it may be. Then voilà: another article bashing her. I hope that makes him realize how hard Madonna has it and how they would use anything and anybody to damage her.

It would be easier these days to be a fan of Taylor Swift: instead of killing the cockroach she found in her kitchen she decides to throw it out of the window and let it live, now you have hundreds of articles claiming she's the savior of man-kind, she found the cure of cancer, she will stop global warming and she's a true feminist.

Isnt it funny that a year ago there were fan meltdowns that the generic Avicii sound would be on her album. So she leaves that sound off and now there are meltdowns that the generic Avicii sound is not on the album. Guess we will be a little more careful of what we wish for next time. :)

Isnt it funny that a year ago there were fan meltdowns that the generic Avicii sound would be on her album. So she leaves that sound off and now there are meltdowns that the generic Avicii sound is not on the album. Guess we will be a little more careful of what we wish for next time. :)

THIS!! Bunch of moaners.

Australia still liking his stuff doesn't change the fact that his sound is extremely dated everywhere else. Music like that has a life-span of maybe 3 years if it's lucky.

He's right his sound was eliminated by Diplo and Kanye, the lyrics are the only real thing that preserves from him, the demo of WAOM and RH were better.

This also explains finally why she never post anything about him or talks about him.

Guest Pud Whacker

and am i going to be only one to say that KANYE is THE WORST?! :rotfl:

even down to the way he dresses his fat ass expressionless barbie.

and am i going to be only one to say that KANYE is THE WORST?! :rotfl:

even down to the way he dresses his fat ass expressionless barbie.

He did wonders with all the songs he touched in Rebel Heart. He may be a prick, but I thank him for elevating those songs to a higher level.

Australia still liking his stuff doesn't change the fact that his sound is extremely dated everywhere else. Music like that has a life-span of maybe 3 years if it's lucky.

We're very progressive in this country, though, so if we like something, then it must still be good :p You love people like San, Matt, Jazzyjan, bluejean etc., so you have to admit that Aussies have taste (except when it comes to giving Madonna a fair go recently...!).

He's right his sound was eliminated by Diplo and Kanye, the lyrics are the only real thing that preserves from him, the demo of WAOM and RH were better.

This also explains finally why she never post anything about him or talks about him.

No the Diplo tracks have nothing to do with the Avicii ones. Kanye was the one who reworked the Avicii productions along with Blood Diamonds & Dj Dahi who re did Devil Pray

Guest Pud Whacker

He did wonders with all the songs he touched in Rebel Heart. He may be a prick, but I thank him for elevating those songs to a higher level.

elevate? desecrate is more like it.

putting warbling sounds over her fabulous vocals on WASH ALL OVER ME.

spit spit

:rotfl:

hes crap. end of this conversation. continue with me and youre blocked.

No the Diplo tracks have nothing to do with the Avicii ones. Kanye was the one who reworked the Avicii productions along with Blood Diamonds & Dj Dahi who re did Devil Pray

I was trying to said that his sound was replaced with others, not that Diplo and Kanye evolved his songs.

Btw, yes Kanye is the worst.

elevate? desecrate is more like it.

putting warbling sounds over her fabulous vocals on WASH ALL OVER ME.

spit spit

:rotfl:

hes crap. end of this conversation. continue with me and youre blocked.

Shitty taste I see. He's great, you're wrong. Block me if you want.

tumblr_n8f4ovA8LY1qjxowso1_400.gif