Buzzfeed: "This Kindergarten Class Makes Madonna Music Videos and They Are Iconic"

OMG!!! I'm actually leaving the kindergarten classroom and starting a new job, but wow! Got this news on my last day of teaching. What a way to end!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-kindergarten-class-makes-madonna-music-videos-and-they#.ebo7Gjbpx

OMG!!! I'm actually leaving the kindergarten classroom and starting a new job, but wow! Got this news on my last day of teaching. What a way to end!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-kindergarten-class-makes-madonna-music-videos-and-they#.ebo7Gjbpx

Congrats!

Does your new job involve teaching?

YEEEEEAAAH congrats. Oh they will miss you so much

Thank you!!! Almost cried yesterday. They've been so sweet. As difficult as it can be, I will miss them too.

Congrats!

Does your new job involve teaching?

Thank you! I'm still going to be involved with teaching, but in a different way. Rather than have my own classroom, I'll be going to different schools everyday to teach theater (and spread the gospel of Madonna all over Los Angeles). The only problem is that I will not be at any school long enough to produce any more videos.

Thank you! I'm still going to be involved with teaching, but in a different way. Rather than have my own classroom, I'll be going to different schools everyday to teach theater (and spread the gospel of Madonna all over Los Angeles). The only problem is that I will not be at any school long enough to produce any more videos.

Dude, I work in education in LA.

How did you convince the coordinators and principals to okay Madonna into your teachings? LOL!

"So reductive"

"What does that mean?"

"Look it up" *Drinks Capri Sun*

Dude, I work in education in LA.

How did you convince the coordinators and principals to okay Madonna into your teachings? LOL!

"So reductive"

"What does that mean?"

"Look it up" *Drinks Capri Sun*

As long as the songs (or snippets of songs) are g-rated, it was never a problem. Our principal encourages us to integrate the arts, so I always had the green light to be creative. Songs like TUTBMP, Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story, Material Girl, Holiday, Live to Tell were all parts of plays or movies that we made. The "Living For Love" video was actually just recycled video footage from the "H is for heart" segment of our alphabet video. Our plays and videos are actually tied into literacy because they're acting out the stories and learning a lot of language and reading comprehension. Our English language learners learn a lot through music, so why not M? At this point, we have 60+ videos!

Where in LA do you work Harley Quinn? Do you work with young children as well?