When It Was All Just Perfect.

Guest Pud Whacker

Spotlight is all sort of amazingness. She needs to perform this song live on RH tour!

No one knows you better than you know yourself

Do the thing you want don't wait for someone else
Life is just a party that's all you need to know
It's your turn to shine baby let yourself go

:dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker

It CERTAINLY WAS, just perfect in every way. The melody, lyrics, vocals, clean production - 80's bliss

tumblr_nnhl6xn5511salc47o1_1280.jpg

:bow: :bow :bow:

Pud Whacker u just sent shivers down my spine with this thread. Spotlight has always held a special place in my heart. It truly was the pinnacle of late eighties dance music.

I honestly never thought that other M fans loved this tune as I did/do. SPOTLIGHT DESERVES A LIVE PERFORMANCE at least on one tour.

M, if u are reading this, please make it happen.

Webo's Story Telling corner.

I remember being a junior in high school and my friend (her name is Liz too) and I were going to take a weekend trip to the lake. So we packed up all our cassettes. I said to her, "Don't forget Who's That Girl soundtrack". Because we were both in love with Causing a Commotion. So, we get to the lake and she had packed You Can Dance instead. I said, "Where's WTG??!!, Causing a Commotion is on that!". She said, "No it's not, it's on You Can Dance". She looked only to discover that I was right. So, we get back in the flippin car and drive back to get Who's That Girl.

And that's my story.

I remember being a junior in high school and my friend (her name is Liz too) and I were going to take a weekend trip to the lake. So we packed up all our cassettes. I said to her, "Don't forget Who's That Girl soundtrack". Because we were both in love with Causing a Commotion. So, we get to the lake and she had packed You Can Dance instead. I said, "Where's WTG??!!, Causing a Commotion is on that!". She said, "No it's not, it's on You Can Dance". She looked only to discover that I was right. So, we get back in the flippin car and drive back to get Who's That Girl.

And that's my story.

I would've socked her in the mouth for that :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

And that's my story.

:rotfl:

okkkkkkkkk!!!

fucking liz is a stupid bitch!!! :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

dont forget this brilliance!!! i think Can't Stop has one of her greatest bridges next to Spotlight!

We used to fight all the time. I wonder why? We caused commotions all over the place when we were teenagers.

Anyway, she ended up surviving a level 3 brain tumor a few years back. So, I forgave her.

"...it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game, so get into the groove"

Guest Pud Whacker

We used to fight all the time. I wonder why? We caused commotions all over the place when we were teenagers.

Anyway, she ended up surviving a level 3 brain tumor a few years back. So, I forgave her.

"...it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game, so get into the groove"

i was kidding, i love Liz if she loves madonna. even if she was stupid!!! :lol:

"Spotlight" is fantastic and would absolutely have been a sizeable hit if they'd released it as a single worldwide. Easily Top 10 (possibly #1 in the UK). Does anyone know why it wasn't released? It was issued as an airplay-only single in Australia (at a time when only official singles were played on Australian radio - it was an extraordinarily unusual occurrence) and got a heap of airplay, so it would have been a hit here (oh how times have changed!).

That demo snippet was fascinating! Bruce Baron heard the full demo when he was researching his Goldmine article in the 90s - I wonder if Curtis Hudson or Lisa Stevens has put the full demo online somewhere? That snippet only seems to have surfaced this week...well spotted, Scrapple, and thanks for posting!! :thumbsup:

Perfection.

As someone said, it really does exemplify that 80s dance sound at its best.

All those songs from True Blue through to WTG to YCD are just pop/dance perfection. (And don't even get me started on CAC.)

AGREED - one of the best, most heartfelt bridges ever!!! You know you get me with this 80's stuff. Those were the days when you would listen to 1 or 3 new songs OVER AND OVER because THAT's what you did!

dont forget this brilliance!!! i think Can't Stop has one of her greatest bridges next to Spotlight!