Rebel Heart DEMO appreciation

Guest Pud Whacker

LOVE IT!!!

definitely should be a single.

this is the first madonna album that wont have a top 10 hit and the title track as a single.

not happy about either!!!

what do you mean? I'm confused.

confessions on a dance floor was the name of a song?

hard candy was the name of a song?

MDNA was a song title?

:madgemanson:

Guest Pud Whacker

what do you mean? I'm confused.

confessions on a dance floor was the name of a song?

hard candy was the name of a song?

MDNA was a song title?

:madgemanson:

gif-grease-Favim.com-2331177.gif

Neither did Madonna/Madonna

but the albums that did, DID! and its always marvelous!

LIKE A VIRGIN

TRUE BLUE

LIKE A PRAYER

EROTICA

BEDTIME STORY

RAY OF LIGHT

MUSIC

AMERICAN LIFE

---

so, in the future, i would appreciate if you would let me have my own feelings!!! thank you in advance. :rotfl:

I was just confused, girl. I'm just questioning your logic, which I found to be a tad vague. I also let you have your own feelings, as they were just questions. So thanks for the explanation.

To this day and till..forever will never understand WTF she was thinking and how/why she thought the 'final' version was superior. It leaked..okay but got universal praise and most fans and even non fans basically loved it. Wouldve made NO difference if she 'officially' released it as the first single months later. It was just *that stellar and her best/most instant song since GI2M and esp HU. This was ALL Ms decision (not a 'Warner fck up', her management etc....).

Well, she did say she wanted to give us something different than what leaked. I agree it was the wrong decision. Funny how in 1997, she told William Orbit "don't guild the lily" (translation: don't overproduce an already-perfect track), and then she turns around and does that in 2014.

Great demo of an awesome song. I have REPLACED the album version of "Rebel Heart" with the Avicii demo. It's just a wonderful pop gem.

Well, she did say she wanted to give us something different than what leaked. I agree it was the wrong decision. Funny how in 1997, she told William Orbit "don't guild the lily" (translation: don't overproduce an already-perfect track), and then she turns around and does that in 2014.

Or you could say she kind of stripped the lily of its beautiful petals and made it something plain.

RH demos are on Spotify so bye y'all

Are you saying this because demo 2 is the album version or that they put out an EP of the super deluxe bonus tracks?

Or you could say she kind of stripped the lily of its beautiful petals and made it something plain.

She reverted back to an earlier version and put demo 2 on the album. She should have followed her instincts, but shoulda woulda coulda!

At least we get the best of both worlds!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

I was just confused, girl. I'm just questioning your logic, which I found to be a tad vague. I also let you have your own feelings, as they were just questions. So thanks for the explanation.

what were you confused about, girl?

heres the sentence - its factual and self explanatory:

this is the first madonna album that wont have a top 10 hit and the title track as a single.

It kinda sounds like an Eurovision song lol

rhoa-710-02.gif?itok=xTyWRRev

lol, it does...

I like it, but don't love it.

I wouldn't mind the vocal take used for the final version (plus demo 2 I believe) to be placed on the original leaked version (whatever demo number that is called)... can one of the splicing peeps on here give that whirl. I think I'd like it even better then.

It wasn't just wasn't meant to be. Plus Living for Love was meant to be the first single on Valanetines Day since the beginning. It wouldn't have been a hit because it wouldn't have been a single.

Great song tho, the melody shines in any form it takes. Glad she went with a more stripped version for the album.

That demo was lead single material. Madonna was dumb to not include it on the album (and release it as lead single)