This whole "Ray of Lighters" thing needs to die

Apples388

Even if I am a Get Stupider, one of the appeals that drew me to M was her multifaceted personality and music. I havent seen any artist that embraced the different sides of her and put it in her art. That's why I'm not shocked with MDNA and RH. She already had the sexy fun side in her earlier music and her serious side too. I always stand by what I said if you only love one personality of Madonna, you truly don't get her.

Some ROL'ers acknowledge that "other side" of Madonna.......but they say it's "different" when she does some of the same things she did when she was younger now because she's *something about mature, older, should know better* and its *blah blah blah* so she really needs to *some brilliant marketing strategy from 1998* because she's completely ruining her legacy (again).

Some ROL'ers acknowledge that "other side" of Madonna.......but they say it's "different" when she does some of the same things she did when she was younger now because she's *something about mature, older, should know better* and its *blah blah blah* so she really needs to *some brilliant marketing strategy from 1998* because she's completely ruining her legacy (again).

"This has nothing to do with ageism but when you are past your 40's you shouldn't be wearing grillz and using teen slangs."

"Don't get me wrong, I love Rebel Heart, but this youngster crap is not real music. I think she's creatively spent. Still love her though!"

"Why is Ghosttown so bland? She should've added some electro elements to it. It could've been Frozen 2.0 and smashed the charts."

And you would think that these ROLighter dreams would be crushed after she worked with Orbit in 2012. But no they are here to stay. :rotfl:

Guest bluejean

Ray Of Lighters don't mean people who love ROL or became fans in 1998.

Ray Of Ligther is used to describe someone who thinks every album she releases should've been/should be ROL 2.0. They freak out every time M works with a major producer or writes "immature" lyrics. They freak out every time M has fun and messes around. They freak out every time M sparks controversy. It's almost like they know nothing about M's career trajectory and hope it's 1998 over and over again.

And yes these people deserve to be mocked till the end of time.

No. Ray of Lighter is someone who became a fan in or around that era. Basically a Gen Y.

No. Ray of Lighter is someone who became a fan in or around that era. Basically a Gen Y.

No, a Ray of Lighter is basically what loowee said or jazzyjan described above, someone who is stuck in that era. And Joan of Arcers or those who feel really bad for Madonna, are worried for her a lot, think she's hurt, depressed etc :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

Wasn't the term Joan of Arcers created when people were calling for Madonna to retire after she kissed Drake and he hurt her feelings :lmao:

Wasn't the term Joan of Arcers created when people were calling for Madonna to retire after she kissed Drake and he hurt her feelings :lmao:

Nope. The Moan of Arquers are the ones that feel strongly her HEART side and suffer with her because she's so vulnerable. They abhor BIM and want to help in Malawi in the holidays. Some cry with Mercy pics

"Guys calm down. She's been through way worse things than this. She's tough enough"

"No! Joan Of Arc is the proof that she's a vulnerable being. She's crying and so should we. Time to hang it up M"

No it used for those who was hurt by the Drake incident and how hurt M must be feeling. Nothing of retirement.

The clueless BIMsters in their early 20s are annoying as FUCK

its probably the first time they've heard of diplo and think its all just so badass :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

No it used for those who was hurt by the Drake incident and how hurt M must be feeling. Nothing of retirement.

Nope that creature MRC the one that got flushed was calling for her retirement and saying that she hasn't made decent music in years because of the treatment she gets from the press. He was the one that was called Moan of Arcer first.

At least Lowee remembers.

Guest Rachelle of London

"Guys calm down. She's been through way worse things than this. She's tough enough"

"No! Joan Of Arc is the proof that she's a vulnerable being. She's crying and so should we. Time to hang it up M"

:dead:

I am curious as to why a Madonna fan would be stuck on ROL and not be able to appreciate anything else after that era. Is it because it is deemed so perfect that nothing will ever top it, so the fan just refuses to allow himself/herself to be open to her subsequent creative output since she has already delivered the Madonna Music Holy Grail in that fan's eyes?

I can understand the sentiment of it being an all time favourite. However, to keep using it as the ultimate benchmark and hoping for ROL 2.0, especially for an artiste like Madonna who is so creatively diverse, is just somewhat silly. If the inability to let go of ROL worship is so strong, and results in a reflex to be critical and negative about everything else that she puts out after, or even from before, then that's just self-sabotage. I can't imagine living out each new era doing nothing but whinging about why it doesn't meet my expectations.

Is Oprah is Ray of Lighter? :chuckle:

sybl2e.jpg

Nope that creature MRC the one that got flushed was calling for her retirement and saying that she hasn't made decent music in years because of the treatment she gets from the press. He was the one that was called Moan of Arcer first.

At least Lowee remembers.

Lol!! Oh yes there was long essays from MRC :chuckle:

At first "Ray of Lighter" was a good way to express that someone prefers Madonna when she's introspective, but yeah, throwing the term around as if it's some kind of insult (or ROL is not one of the greatest pop albums ever) is fucking stupid. RIP.

I am curious as to why a Madonna fan would be stuck on ROL and not be able to appreciate anything else after that era. Is it because it is deemed so perfect that nothing will ever top it, so the fan just refuses to allow himself/herself to be open to her subsequent creative output since she has already delivered the Madonna Music Holy Grail in that fan's eyes?

I can understand the sentiment of it being an all time favourite. However, to keep using it as the ultimate benchmark and hoping for ROL 2.0, especially for an artiste like Madonna who is so creatively diverse, is just somewhat silly. If the inability to let go of ROL worship is so strong, and results in a reflex to be critical and negative about everything else that she puts out after, or even from before, then that's just self-sabotage. I can't imagine living out each new era doing nothing but whinging about why it doesn't meet my expectations.

Is Oprah is Ray of Lighter? :chuckle:

sybl2e.jpg

it looked like Oprah was definitely a RayofLighter :chuckle:

The clueless BIMsters in their early 20s are annoying as FUCK

its probably the first time they've heard of diplo and think its all just so badass :rotfl:

Touché though.

"It's only a single cover. It's only a couple tour dates. It's only a music video." :lmao:

I believe the BIMsters are our future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride

To make it easier

Let the BIMsters laughter

Remind us how we used to be