Best tour hair

Guest bluejean

Best tour hair  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best hairstyle she's had on tour?

• The Virgin Mop
    • Who's That Granny
    • Blond Ambition Iconic Ponytail
    • Blond Ambition Curls
    • The Manly Show Hair
    • Drowned World GHD Hair
    • Re-invention Classic Curls
    • Confessions Wavy Hair
    • Sticky Long and Crimpled Hair
    • MDNA Quiff

Lovely RiT curls

STICKY - The fringe wig a no no but did appreciate the subtle side parting on part two

Yes and yes.

Lovely RIT curls were beautiful and classy.

Sticky part 2 was SEX ON LEGS, lovely parting with the more settled cheeks.

GORGEOUS. SEXY. LIFE. 10/10

madonna-sticky-sweet-tour.jpg

CHEEK DRAPERIES (Copyright acko). 3/10

277cd1f1ca4ac1c808c86b0d2a7a5d22.jpg

I actually ADORE this hair:

slide_165813_4.jpg

That could've been amazing for the DVD shoot... Too bad she chose that Lesbian Bowie shit.

Im so glad that people think that the girlie show is at least in top 3 - i think its the best but didnt think others would like it. there's just something so sexy about it.

agree that DWT is the worst, in any form.

Guest Pud Whacker

I love it when it's drenched in sweat :wow:

Looks soooo good at the end of the show

"Anyone have a comb?"

I love everything about it! It had to start of tight so it's cool for the next two hours. The one Daniel posted is like jersey or New York. I was not keen on the bangs. That's not how it was when I saw her at Anaheim stadium.

All you saw was cotton candy hair, alabaster white skin, blood red lips, sapphire blue eyes, dark brows and her beauty mark. It was a vision never to be forgotten.

Guest bluejean

She rehearsed WTG with the fabulous Herb Ritts tourbook honey blond pixie cut. That could have worked very well.

whop18.jpg

Would love to see pics of rehearsals.

Remember she had dark hair for the BAT costume fittings too!

I picked TGS. I loved the short pixie cut.

Me too. Simple but showed off her face in the most stunning way. An incredibly strong and sexy look. Poll descriptor is "The Manly Show Hair", couldn't be further from the truth!

tumblr_lphlyt7EwH1r170foo1_500.jpg

Me too. Simple but showed off her face in the most stunning way. An incredibly strong and sexy look. Poll descriptor is "The Manly Show Hair", couldn't be further from the truth!

tumblr_lphlyt7EwH1r170foo1_500.jpg

This pic screams QOL

Im gonna watch girlie now

1. MDNA- simply beautiful

2. Virgin- the look without the bangs (not on VHS) is the best

3. BA- ponytail is iconic. One of her signature looks.

4. DWT- not the hair on DVD, but the one posted above and the one she had when I saw her in NYC

5. Sticky- part 2 hair

6. Confessions- I always wished it looked more like it looked at the very beginning of COADF era

7. RIT

8. GS- i can appreciate it now but it aged her seemingly overnight

9. WTG- on Ciao Italia it looks better as the show progresses

The Girlie Show hair seemed to look better offstage. If you look at her interviews and the couple of very rare public appearances of the time she looked gorgeous but onstage she looked very butch at times and unflattering.

Guest bluejean

Well bitches I was only joking about the descriptions.

Obviously Girlie is spectacular. Hair inclusive.

But actually there was s whole gender bender theme throughout the show. The female dancers had shaved heads as well. She was dressed as a man for most of the second half. That's what it was about. She was infact at her physical peak at that time.

GS and BAT (pony+curls) are all iconic!!! I miss the old days when we had drastic changes like from pink pony tails in Fever and blue short in Rain to that beautiful sexy blond haircut on GS!!!I forgot how much I love that look and that show

Well bitches I was only joking about the descriptions.

Obviously Girlie is spectacular. Hair inclusive.

But actually there was s whole gender bender theme throughout the show. The female dancers had shaved heads as well. She was dressed as a man for most of the second half. That's what it was about. She was infact at her physical peak at that time.

Bluejean, I knew you weren't being serious with it, not with mops and grannies thrown into the mix. :smile:

The execution of the theme was glorious, and how marvelous that it was Gene Kelly who personally encouraged her to do a number dressed as a man in a tux with a top hat.

pXKn4Vy2.gif

Guest bluejean
how marvelous that it was Gene Kelly who personally encouraged her to do a number dressed as a man in a tux with a top hat.

Ooh I didn't know that. He choreographed the Rain interlude with the umbrellas didn't he?

Ooh I didn't know that. He choreographed the Rain interlude with the umbrellas didn't he?

I don't think he did. Gene is not listed in the show's closing credits for choreography but on IMDB, his bio trivia says that he was a dance consultant on TGS.

What I mentioned about him encouraging Madonna is from this MTV Interview (uploaded in 2 parts), which also has Jean Paul Gaultier and a little of Jenny Shimizu in it. The lead-in to where Madonna talks about Gene starts from 3:26 in this vid.

I'm gonna go with the WTG tour hair, not the Estelle Getty hair though

this

tumblr_inline_mrh8bipFOL1qz4rgp.gif

yuck

madonna_50-14.jpg

Haha I agree 100%.

I think the worst is S&S and DWT.

S&S was just 😷

DWT was good in European leg ( thank god I caught the Paris shows) but the U.S. One is horrid, she kept changing it for Swept Away, I was anything but.