Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

I think it says a lot when people were like "Who's Nas?"

Also there is a difference between:

"I like the demo version of this track, I'm glad I have the opportunity to listen to it."

And

"OMG she ruined the album the demos were so much better. I don't know why people like the album as it is. Everyone knows the demos are better. You're just stupid if you think that shitty album versions are better than the demos. FACT! Fuck black people music! Demos!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!"

Yeah I agree. People are way too angry and authoritarian over the demos. Some are definitely far too harsh on the chosen producers too. It's just weird how some fans have reacted this era overall. Some of them were really great before, and now, well...

We all should be happy we got the album and lots of demos! Pining over the demo "should be on the album" is futile because Madonna will not recall our copies of Rebel Heart and put back JOA acoustic, RH and WAOM Avicciii, or Inside Out demo to replace the album versions.

The remixes this era are forgettable. The fact that we have demos we enjoy is something to be thankful for. Imagine not having them or even Never Let You Go or Trust No Bitch and you have no choice but to play the GT remixes over And over :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

^ arent we all happy that we have all that AND MORE?!!!

we got demos, official, promo, performances, interviews, magazines...

its endless.

I just don't see how some of you can put super vintage, super dated sound albums over albums like American Life, Confessions and Rebel Heart! I think with each generation pop music gets more polished and perfected. Some of the 80s stuff is unbearable to listen to because of the amount of cheese!! But that's just my opinion so don't burn me please! :lmao:

Oh hell no.

Good music is good music, no matter what era it comes from...and no matter what sound or production it may have.

And as for "dated" being a put-down...that's some tired shit. If anything, it just means it's something that reflects that time period. It's not a bad thing whatsoever. If anything, all musicals sounds, even those of right now, will follow this same pattern as time goes on - something that, in some way, captured that period in time. Don't think that for one minute what you think is "timeless" or "current" right now won't all fall into that to some degree. And that's not a bad thing. I will NEVER understand the whole "dated" thing...everything and everyone ages.

Madonna's 80's work is as much 'timeless' as it 'sounds like the 80's'. That's something to be celebrated and enjoyed. (As is true for any other music that stands the test of time, and reflects its respective era all the same).

Guest Medoner

^ arent we all happy that we have all that AND MORE?!!!

we got demos, official, promo, performances, interviews, magazines...

its endless.

This.

Also there is a difference between:

"I like the demo version of this track, I'm glad I have the opportunity to listen to it."

And

"OMG she ruined the album the demos were so much better. I don't know why people like the album as it is. Everyone knows the demos are better. You're just stupid if you think that shitty album versions are better than the demos. FACT! Fuck black people music! Demos!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!"

giphy.gif

Guest Pud Whacker

I think it comes down to the simple fact that most Madonna fans (particularly over a certain age) don't like "urban" music. Hence the constant argument about the demos being better as they are more traditionally "dance-pop" sounding.

Seriously it's getting tiring either being told or having it implied that somehow I'm mistaken for liking the album. I don't care if you like the demos better, I don't care if you think it has too many tracks, I don't care if you think the sequencing is wrong, I don't care if you think there are too many rappers.

I don't know why people find it so hard to accept the fact that people like the album as it is.

thats been my public argument about Hard Candy since 2008.

3rd generation were weaned on anglo madonna. david foster, evita, orbit, price...they didnt know what hit them when timabaland came around. her old r&b tracks were so ancient at this time they became traditional pop.

thats been my public argument about Hard Candy since 2008.

3rd generation were weaned on anglo madonna. david foster, evita, orbit, price...they didnt know what hit them when timabaland came around. her old r&b tracks were so ancient at this time they became traditional pop.

Interesting point...

For me personally, listen to several "black" artists, but don't think her more recent work with r&b and hip hop influences was as good or forward thinking as her "anglo" period. At the same time, M recent work with Orbit during MDNA was mostly very good, but probably not as magical to his earlier work with her.

Want M to continue collaborating with other black artists along with Europeans. Very much enjoy the diversity and strong influences M brings to whatever she records. Makes her special :excl:

Ok, so Rebel Heart is a solid album and everybody likes it. I don't think there are any Madonna fans who don't like it the same way some fans didn't like Hard Candy back in the day. I think Rebel Heart, for the most part, has been well received. Personally, I love it and it ranks as #1 for me.

1. Rebel Heart

2. American Life

3. Ray of Light

4. Confessions on the Dance Floor

5. Hard Candy

6. Music

7. Bedtime Stories

8. MDNA

9. Like a Prayer

10. Madonna

That's my list of top 10 :inlove:

For me personally, listen to several "black" artists, but don't think her more recent work with r&b and hip hop influences was as good or forward thinking as her "anglo" period. At the same time, M recent work with Orbit during MDNA was mostly very good, but probably not as magical to his earlier work with her.

Want M to continue collaborating with other black artists along with Europeans. Very much enjoy the diversity and strong influences M brings to whatever she records. Makes her special :excl:

I dunno in my opinion there was no need to bring back Orbit. It worked for ROL and like a comet it came and gone.

1. True Blue
2. Confessions on a Dancefloor
3. Like a Virgin
4. Madonna
5. Ray of Light
6. Like a Prayer
7. Music
8. American Life
9. Rebel Heart
10. MDNA
11. I`m Breathless
12. Hard Candy
13. Bedtime Stories
14. Erotica

1. Like a Prayer

2. American Life

3. Erotica

4. I'm Breathless

5. Rebel Heart

6. Confessions on a Dancefloor

7. Ray of Light
8. Music

9. Hard Candy

10. MDNA

11. Like a Virgin
12. True Blue

13. Bedtime Stories
14. Madonna

Guest Norig

This is hard!!

TRUE BLUE

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

LIKE A PRAYER

REBEL HEART

RAY OF LIGHT

LIKE A VIRGIN

MUSIC

AMERICAN LIFE

MDNA

EROTICA

HARD CANDY

BEDTIME STORIES

I think it's safe to say that rebel heart is her fourth or fifth best album from the lists here...consistent rankings...amazing 30+ years in and her latest contributions aren't a camp event either

01) Ray of Light

02) Confessions on a Dance Floor

03) American Life

04) Erotica

05) Rebel Heart

06) Like A Prayer

07) Bedtime Stories

08) Music

09) MDNA

10) True Blue

11) Madonna

12) Hard Candy

13) Like A Virgin

This is hard!!

TRUE BLUE

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

LIKE A PRAYER

REBEL HEART

RAY OF LIGHT

LIKE A VIRGIN

MUSIC

AMERICAN LIFE

MDNA

EROTICA

HARD CANDY

BEDTIME STORIES

OMG Not Erotica and BS this low ibmoxs5aiq86ln.gif My heart stops for a sec!

By the time the tour is over,I have a feeling everyone is going to increase RH's rank on their list

It didn't happen with MDNA, even though a lot of people thought the tour was amazing

Listened to Rebel Heart all the way through today - yet again. I now have to say it is my favourite Madonna album ever. So many great songs - great melodies, lyrics and vocals. Love it so much.

This is so hard, as I've been a fan since the beginning, and each album has a very specific connection to my life.

Like A Prayer

Confessions on a Dance Floor

You Can Dance

Madonna

Bedtime Stories

Music

Rebel Heart

Erotica

American Life

Ray of Light

Like a Virgin

Hard Candy

I'm Breathless

MDNA

True Blue

None of them lack in brilliance. Just different flavors. And for the record, I love love love Rebel Heart, and still listen to all 29 tracks (almost) daily, with no intention to stop any time soon.

Edited by mtsanis

This is so hard, as I've been a fan since the beginning, and each album has a very specific connection to my life.

Like A Prayer

Confessions on a Dance Floor

You Can Dance

Madonna

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

Music

Rebel Heart

American Life

Like a Virgin

Hard Candy

I'm Breathless

MDNA

True Blue

None of them are even remotely lacking in brilliance. Just different flavors. And for the record, I love love love Rebel Heart, and still listen to all 29 tracks (almost) daily, with no intention to stop any time soon.

dont worry. I still listen to RH but it ranks in the middle for me. She hasa great catalgoue it hard to rank them all!

dont worry. I still listen to RH but it ranks in the middle for me. She hasa great catalgoue it hard to rank them all!

And I just re-ranked them because it's so difficult! And I loooooove Hard Candy so much, and that ends up in the near bottom.

Edited by mtsanis