Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

1. EROTICA

1. BEDTIME STORIES

1. REBEL HEART

2. LIKE A PRAYER

3. MUSIC

4. AMERICAN LIFE

5. CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

6. LIKE A VIRGIN

7. MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

8. TRUE BLUE

9. RAY OF LIGHT

10. MDNA

11. HARD CANDY

Okay so Pud, if I came over to your house and we got a little drunk, what would we listen to? I wanna know.

That would be a great thread ! :)

Guest Rachelle of London
  1. Bedtime Stories
  2. Rebel Heart
  3. American Life
  4. ROL
  5. Erotica
  6. Hard Candy
  7. Madonna
  8. Like a Virgin
  9. Confessions
  10. Music
  11. Like a Prayer
  12. True Blue
  13. MDNA

That was REALLY hard. MDNA is one of my favourite albums its not like I dont like it, I love it but at the moment its the one I listen to the least.

Rebel Heart is in my top 3 and will ultimately take over the top slot most likely. After three months, I'm still obsessively playing it. Never understood people's problem with the sequencing.

Rebel Heart is in my top 3 and will ultimately take over the top slot most likely. After three months, I'm still obsessively playing it. Never understood people's problem with the sequencing.

I agree. The sequencing "issue" is extremely overstated. I feel like it does have a sonic cohesiveness that goes from beginning to end. Funnily enough, if the demo versions of some songs were on the album as many wish, that cohesiveness would be missing.

1. Ray of Light

2. Rebel Heart

3. Music

I can't rank the rest forgive me :lol: It gives me nightmares :scared:

No, you have to do this

No, you have to do this

Bitch get off my pole! I ain't gonna do the rank....

Now I be doin' it.

1. Ray of Light

2. Rebel Heart

3. Music

4. Bedtime Stories

5. Erotica

6. Confessions on a Dance Floor

7. Hard Candy

8. Madonna

9. Like a Prayer

10. Like a Virgin

11. American Life

12. True Blue

13. MDNA

:shock: OMG what the fuck did I do. This is horrible it's like murdering some of your siblings and children :(

This is really hard for me

Perfect (for me) Madonna albums (in no specific order):

Erotica

Confessions

Ray of Light

Bedtime Stories

Madonna (Debut)

Like a Prayer

ALMOST perfect Madonna albums:

American Life

Rebel Heart

Music

MDNA

Madonna albums I could do without:

Like a Virgin (a little too bubble gum for my taste)

Hard Candy (I'd be okay if I never heard this album again)

Rebel Heart was too messy for me. I'm traditional. Give me the 14 BEST songs and that it's. It was such a stressful and confusing experience for me. I'm still not sure how many versions of the album there are? Standard. Deluxe? Super Deluxe? The album I bought has a red cover with her sucking on something and holding her titties. Is there any other edition I should have? Are there songs I haven't heard? So confused.

With that said, there are some truly magical and amazing songs on that album and the entire concept was fucking amazing. The performances are everything. It gave me life. I'm so sad it's over. Can't wait to see how she brings these songs to life on stage.

Guest PRPapi

EXTREMELY difficult - and, still a bit too early to tell, in my humble opinion. But, still, here goes:

1. Music

2. Ray of Light

3. American Life

4. Rebel Heart

5. Like a Prayer

6. Erotica

7. Hard Candy

8. MDNA

9. Confessions on a Dancefloor

10. Bedtime Stories

11. Madonna

12. True Blue

13. I'm Breathless

14. Like A Virgin

Many of the above are, actually, ties in my book. But, gotta rank 'em! Thanks for putting us through the TORTURE! ;)

(Side note: IMHO, I don't think that a good gauge to go by is how often or how recently you listen to an album...that has no bearing on its greatness; it just means you're busy enjoying other newer things. Like, for me, Like a Prayer is a classic, amazing album. But, I rarely, if ever, listen to it.)

I agree. The sequencing "issue" is extremely overstated. I feel like it does have a sonic cohesiveness that goes from beginning to end. Funnily enough, if the demo versions of some songs were on the album as many wish, that cohesiveness would be missing.

So true. Rebel Heart is incredibly cohesive.

Why are some of you pretending that listening to an amazing 70 minute album is borderline torturing? It's not even her longest album and is only a few minutes longer than Ray Of Light. Maybe you should admit that you just don't like the materials to begin with.

Confess your sins and genuflect.

r6h23qrwtwf.gif

You guys need to listen to hard candy again. Seriously it has endless bops.

criminally underrated. It's classic 80s Madonna through and through. The only dud is Spanish Lessons. Candy Shop may be overrated by M herself but it serves as a perfect opener. The run from 4 Minutes to Dance 2 Night is basically flawless and the album ends perfectly. I hate when people try to lump HC and MDNA together as the evil twins.....But then I didn't click with the record till 2012 so who am I to judge?

Let's please not start a Hard Candy haters vs. lovers discussion. Can't we all just agree that it's one of those albums people either love or hate? Well, not hate, but you know what I mean.

YES it does!!! It's moved up so much in my list. Love that funky little album.

INCREDIBLE gives me life. Soooo yummy.

Oh and while Ray of Light is my #1, your list didn't offend me because the album has received enough love from fans and critics so it doesn't hurt its legacy at all :lol:

Oh you did!? :lmao: I didn't read the whole thread. :laugh:

ps. Just looked it up... :laugh: Some 'Ray of Lighters' had a little fit there.... :newspaper:

I tried my best to incite a riot :lol: