Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

Section c, row ee (seat 12) in melbourne should be right next to the heart stage right?

not quite, but pretty close

Section c, row ee (seat 12) in melbourne should be right next to the heart stage right?

its within 6 seats of the stage. I have EE 41/42 which is only ten seats in from the other side of the floor, and was in the VIP package which is apparently within 6 rows. But its right of the side of the heart. So i think the width of the heart is quite big (or just rod laver floor is actually pretty small).

which night are you going?

its within 6 seats of the stage. I have EE 41/42 which is only ten seats in from the other side of the floor, and was in the VIP package which is apparently within 6 rows. But its right of the side of the heart. So i think the width of the heart is quite big (or just rod laver floor is actually pretty small).

which night are you going?

thanks for the explanation, makes me even more excited, also this seat is night 1 for me so march 12 show, when's yours for?

Already got my tickets from the Icon pre-sale, however looked on Ticketek during the day out of curiosity to see what was offered for all different prices.

Outraged when I was offered two seats in section 42 (second tier) in Sydney, which is considered platinum! And 'gold' for Melbourne offered seats in section 16 which is rear view.

$500 is reasonable for super fans to get floor seats, especially the way the stage extends. $500 is questionable for first tiered seating; but for second tier seats at $500 and rear view for $300 makes me question how well the shows will sell amongst the general public, as I really want her to add more shows.

Obviously the floor seats will sell out, and the silver and bronze will sell for those who dont't want to spend a fortune. Guess will have to wait and see on Monday.

I can now see why Ticketek / Live Nation have been so vague with the seating charts, especially not having coloured categories to distinguish price ranges.

Edited by Mdw

Already got my tickets from the Icon pre-sale, however looked on Ticketek during the day out of curiosity to see what was offered for all different prices.

Outraged when I was offered two seats in section 42 (second tier) in Sydney, which is considered platinum! And 'gold' for Melbourne offered seats in section 16 which is rear view.

$500 is reasonable for super fans to get floor seats, especially the way the stage extends. $500 is questionable for first tiered seating; but for second tier seats at $500 and rear view for $300 makes me question how well the shows will sell amongst the general public, as I really want her to add more shows.

Obviously the floor seats will sell out, and the silver and bronze will sell for those who dont't want to spend a fortune. Guess will have to wait and see on Monday.

I can now see why Ticketek / Live Nation have been so vague with the seating charts, especially not having coloured categories to distinguish price ranges.

I predict they will have trouble selling those seats at $500 and fully expect discounted tickets offered closer to the show to fill the arenas...

I wouldn't be surprised if the promoters lose money if they had to pay madonna up front.

I don't mind that the whole floor seats are $500 but first (and second!) tiered seating at that price is ridiculous.

Yes I agree 100% . I doubt there were many gold/silver/bronze seats. I think most the venues are platinum and VIP seats. It is a clever way to claim seats stat at $99.... But there are only 10 of those haha. Let's hope we get more shows.

Not saying I agree with it but I did expect platinum would include floor, lower and mid level tiered seating similar to Rolling Stones. Not providing the coloured breakdown of sections is dodgy though.

Not saying I agree with it but I did expect platinum would include floor, lower and mid level tiered seating similar to Rolling Stones. Not providing the coloured breakdown of sections is dodgy though.

Yes me too. Rolling Stones was also most the venue for the top tier price seating and I though M would be he same. Rolling Stones had no trouble selling out, but they were doing a hits heavy tour which M may or may not be doing.

Looking at the Australia dates I wonder weather they are planning on adding extra dates in the same city's the week before? Eg add two nights for Melbourne the Week before the already released dates. Live nation will know the first Aussy concert will always sell out so this will guarantee them good sales for extra shows in Melbourne which may otherwise not sell as well. It wouldn't make so much difference for the other cities though I think people like to go to the first concert played in their city too. Just a though as I think we are all thinking dates will be added after existing dates.what do you think?

Looking at the Australia dates I wonder weather they are planning on adding extra dates in the same city's the week before? Eg add two nights for Melbourne the Week before the already released dates. Live nation will know the first Aussy concert will always sell out so this will guarantee them good sales for extra shows in Melbourne which may otherwise not sell as well. It wouldn't make so much difference for the other cities though I think people like to go to the first concert played in their city too. Just a though as I think we are all thinking dates will be added after existing dates.what do you think?

Yeah I guess it could go either way. Weekend shows are usually the fastest sellers so we will probably find out on Monday where any extra dates may land.

What are the chances of getting section b and c in Sydney during general sale?

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Sydney floor seats were released during the presales as they were selling well. There may be very few left available in the general sale.

...also, in my experience more people will be trying for the Saturday show first so your chances are better if you try for Sunday. Of course if they add another show straight away that would be your best chance.

Why do I keep getting offered section m all the time? I refreshed like 7392292 times and I'm still getting the exact same section arggggghhhhh

It's because no one else is buying tickets in the time that you're refreshing and they're continuing to give you the best available ticket in that price category. Their computer obviously considers Section M to be better than any of the other sections available in that category during the pre-sale, so until it's all sold out, it will continue to offer you tickets in that section.

It's because no one else is buying tickets in the time that you're refreshing and they're continuing to give you the best available ticket in that price category. Their computer obviously considers Section M to be better than any of the other sections available in that category during the pre-sale, so until it's all sold out, it will continue to offer you tickets in that section.

Oh that explains it.

I was originally angry that I got section f, row 38 tickets but accidentally passed and couldn't get them back until I tried for at least another 2 hours and finally got row 35, section f. So I'm glad I missed that first offer out hehee.

Live Nation doesn't tend to provide detailed seating charts for their concerts, so it's not something that they or Ticket are choosing to do rip Madonna fans off. It's not just a Live Nation thing, either - Elton John (not with LN) doesn't have a detailed seating chart, either.

Robbie Williams has the seating chart below for Brisbane and from what I can gather, it has reasonably similar sections to Madonna's seating chart (for the seated sections). For Madonna, Platinum covers the entire floor, the whole first tier and half of the second tier (i.e. the same as Robbie's Platinum allocation, although I suspect for Madonna, Platinum could include the first tier at the back of the venue, since the Heart Stage will put her much closer to that part of the audience than Robbie's stage will for him). I also think half of Sections 10 and 45 would be Platinum, as they're so close to the stage, but again, I'm not sure.

Madonna's Gold seats would be similar to Robbie's Gold along the sides. From 20A through to 36A, Madonna has only 4 rows of Bronze tickets along the back (at the very most, since Row V is Silver), around 5 of silver and the rest Gold (in each of those sections). Again, I'm not sure if they have any Platinum tickets in the very back sections.

The Side View and Rear View sections are a mixture of Gold, Silver and Bronze tickets.

Back in 2006 for the Confessions Tour, the entire floor as well as the entire first tier for most of the arenas was Platinum, so this is standard for a Madonna Tour (and, it would seem, any arena tour by a big artist, given Robbie's seating plan).

sfx142577.gif

Does anyone know how Auckland's pre-sales are going? Madonna will be in Asia for all of February, so it's unlikely that they'll have scheduled extra dates in Auckland before the tour starts there. If they've pencilled in additional dates in the Australian venues in the week before the announced dates, then they run the risk of having a week between Sydney and Brisbane with nothing happening (I'm absolutely convinced that extra Brisbane shows have never been on the table, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong).

Sydney and Melbourne will be fine for additional shows. All up, I think she'll do 10 shows in Australia - four each in Sydney and Melbourne and two in Brisbane, performing to around 170 000 people.

...also, in my experience more people will be trying for the Saturday show first so your chances are better if you try for Sunday. Of course if they add another show straight away that would be your best chance.

They definitely won't put additional shows on sale straight away - they'll go through the whole pre-sale arrangement again, only they won't spread it out over two weeks (I'd say they'd have pre-sales happening on consecutive days and then the general sale a week after the original announcement - just hypothesising, though). Can you imagine the uproar if they put additional shows on sale and didn't allow Icon members to access tickets first?! Every single show in every tour for the past 9 years has had a pre-sale...

They definitely won't put additional shows on sale straight away - they'll go through the whole pre-sale arrangement again, only they won't spread it out over two weeks (I'd say they'd have pre-sales happening on consecutive days and then the general sale a week after the original announcement - just hypothesising, though). Can you imagine the uproar if they put additional shows on sale and didn't allow Icon members to access tickets first?! Every single show in every tour for the past 9 years has had a pre-sale...

You're probably right, though for instant sellouts they may want to cash in on the momentum regardless

Extra shows are probably booked for Melbourne on March 15 & 16, then Sydney on March 22 & 23. Brisbane may have an extra date on March 29 & Auckland on March 8?

Extra shows are probably booked for Melbourne on March 15 & 16, then Sydney on March 22 & 23. Brisbane may have an extra date on March 29 & Auckland on March 8?

Auckland would definitely have extra dates booked (I've discovered that their tickets are 12% cheaper than ours, due to the exchange rate...!!!). There aren't even the tiniest of whispers floating around about an additional Brisbane date. They'll want the very last show of the tour to be a complete sell out and that's going to be a push if they add a third Brisbane show, especially during the school holidays. Plenty of my friends have already said they can't go to a Brisbane show because it's Easter and they're going away (they all have school aged kids).