Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

What does the VIP offer? If it's meet and greet than I'll do that (Madge doesn't so meet and greet so I doubt that) but if it just gives u a whole bunch of merchandise, I might just go to 2 shows instead and buy the $500 tickets.

Have a look at the VIP deals for seated shows in the US and the UK to get an idea of the different types of VIP packages. Basically, you're paying for a guaranteed seat in certain prime positions (e.g. end of the catwalk stage, first 20 rows, alongside the catwalk etc. etc.). Rather than taking a gamble and trying to get a good seat in a general sale, you're paying for the privilege of knowing that you've got a great seat. You also get merchandise, but in all honesty, no one cares about that. Definitely no meet and greet packages.

VIP packages in Europe include Early Access to the venue (for General Admission tickets), guaranteed seats in premium sections etc. etc.

Guest Rachelle of London

Same prices as the UK for the last few tours. I was scared for my Ozzies it would be more.

Same. I thought it would be a lot more.

I have given up on trying to register with Icon again. I get nowhere every single time. Drives me insane. Keeps saying stuff like choose your format or you already have an account yet give no information for me to either sign up again. I was a member for years but they seem to treat people like garbage. Just going to have to wait for the General Public tickets to go on sale.

Can anyone compare those prices with other artists who have toured Australia recently?. e.g. The Rolling Stones, Pink.

Cheaper than The Rolling Stones (who were around $590) and much more expensive than P!nk (around $150).

The prices are comparable with the US, so if they're accurate, I'm really relieved (not that I can go to many Australian shows anyway, but I was fearing the worst after someone said that it would be "the most expensive tour Australia's ever seen" a few months ago).

Cheaper than The Rolling Stones (who were around $590) and much more expensive than P!nk (around $150).

The prices are comparable with the US, so if they're accurate, I'm really relieved (not that I can go to many Australian shows anyway, but I was fearing the worst after someone said that it would be "the most expensive tour Australia's ever seen" a few months ago).

Thank you!!

Yeah. It seems that that rumor is fake.

I didn't know the rolling stones asked so much. compared to prices in smaller countries in europe it's expensive but i guess compared to the UK & US and a few other countries it's reasonable. :)

They're counting on people being worried about leaving it to chance and being willing to pay huge amounts to reduce some of the stress involved...! One of my oldest friends is relying on me to get her the best ticket possible (I never buy more than one ticket to a Madonna show, because there's an infinitely higher chance of getting a great single ticket than there is of getting a pair of great tickets, but I'm making an exception for her). She's willing to pay for VIP because she's been saving for years and years to see Madonna and she wants to see her up close (she couldn't afford Gold Circle tickets for TGS and was kicking herself when she saw how close I was).

So much pressure...!!! :nervous:

It was me on Icon who posted that pricing info, the original source was on another message board (madfruit.co.uk) who broke it down further:

$97 (category 5 - very back row),

$200 and $250 (cat 4 and 3 - 2nd elevation), $300 (1st elevation),

$500 (category 1 - floor standing).

VIP packages $1,500.

I don't know how accurate/reliable this info is

Guest Rachelle of London

VIP doesn't necessarily mean the best seats. VIP for MDNA was a joke, the VIP section for Hyde Park was on the side halfway down the park :lmao: seriously I would try and get good seats and if you can't then try VIP

VIP doesn't necessarily mean the best seats. VIP for MDNA was a joke, the VIP section for Hyde Park was on the side halfway down the park :lmao: seriously I would try and get good seats and if you can't then try VIP

I know! there was this local celeb here in the country who complained on tv about buying expensive VIP tix and being far in the back and calling her show over priced .. a lot of people think VIP is best seats for some reason while they are often far from the stage. weird though, as VIP tix for football/soccer events are the same. far from where the action is but you get food & champagne and probably a more luxurious seat.

It was me on Icon who posted that pricing info, the original source was on another message board (madfruit.co.uk) who broke it down further:

$97 (category 5 - very back row),

$200 and $250 (cat 4 and 3 - 2nd elevation), $300 (1st elevation),

$500 (category 1 - floor standing).

VIP packages $1,500.

I don't know how accurate/reliable this info is

This is the very first mention anywhere of General Admission for the Australian shows. If they do have GA (which I seriously doubt), they'll have Early Access packages, which changes everything.

In the US and the UK, VIP packages basically guarantee seats at various spots along and in front of the catwalk/catwalk stages (e.g. guaranteed Row 4-20, alongside the catwalk). The very best VIP packages are in Rows 1-3, right in front of the main stage (one would assume that these will be the $1500 packages). If the announcement is tomorrow, we'll know for sure what they're offering. I don't think that it's a case of VIP areas being well away from the stage this time, though - they can't advertise a package specifying seats in a certain area and then renege on this.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know! there was this local celeb here in the country who complained on tv about buying expensive VIP tix and being far in the back and calling her show over priced .. a lot of people think VIP is best seats for some reason while they are often far from the stage. weird though, as VIP tix for football/soccer events are the same. far from where the action is but you get food & champagne and probably a more luxurious seat.

Yup you're not guaranteed at all. My London RH seats are at the end closest to the runway and they're not VIP seats yet some further up the row further from the runway are VIP seats.

What a relief to hear VIP seats aren't always good seats!...... Unless they say guaranteed first 20 rows

That's exactly what the US and UK packages say - guaranteed seats in specific sections....

MADONNA SAT 19 & SUN 20 MARCH, 2016

Presented by: Live Nation & Telstra Thanks

Tickets On Sale:

• Madonna Fan Club: Tue 23 June, 10am
  • Citibank Presale: Wed 24, June, 10am
  • General Public On sale: Mon 6 Jul, 10am

Madonna will make a historic return to Australia performing live for the first time in 23 years as well as her first ever shows in New Zealand, with her Rebel Heart Tour.

The Rebel Heart Tour follows the March 9 release of Madonna’s critically acclaimed 13th studio album - Rebel Heart - by Interscope Records. A week after its release Rebel Heart debuted at No. 1 in Australia making it Madonna’s eleventh No. 1 album on the Australian ARIA Charts, tying the record for most number one albums on the chart.

RELATED LINKS:

www.madonna.com

www.livenation.com.au

telstra.com/music

TICKET PRICES

Platinum

$499.90

Gold

$299.90

Silver

$199.90

Bronze

$99.90

http://www.allphonesarena.com.au/Event_Calendar/Madonna.aspx

I think a big concern here is that everyone and their dog is going to be trying to get tickets for these shows. When Prince tickets went on sale a few years ago, the servers crashed and people were locked out - by the time they got on, all of the good seats were gone. P!nk regularly sells out within minutes and it's always impossible to get good seats to her shows, even when she does 9+ in a single city.

The scalpers are going to be out in force, scooping up as many tickets as they can online as soon as they go on sale, in an attempt to make a killing - it sucks :(

MADONNA SAT 19 & SUN 20 MARCH, 2016

Presented by: Live Nation & Telstra Thanks

Tickets On Sale:

• Madonna Fan Club: Tue 23 June, 10am
  • Citibank Presale: Wed 24, June, 10am
  • General Public On sale: Mon 6 Jul, 10am

Madonna will make a historic return to Australia performing live for the first time in 23 years as well as her first ever shows in New Zealand, with her Rebel Heart Tour.

The Rebel Heart Tour follows the March 9 release of Madonna’s critically acclaimed 13th studio album - Rebel Heart - by Interscope Records. A week after its release Rebel Heart debuted at No. 1 in Australia making it Madonna’s eleventh No. 1 album on the Australian ARIA Charts, tying the record for most number one albums on the chart.

RELATED LINKS:

www.madonna.com

www.livenation.com.au

telstra.com/music

TICKET PRICES

Platinum

$499.90

Gold

$299.90

Silver

$199.90

Bronze

$99.90

http://www.allphonesarena.com.au/Event_Calendar/Madonna.aspx

It's official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have given up on trying to register with Icon again. I get nowhere every single time. Drives me insane. Keeps saying stuff like choose your format or you already have an account yet give no information for me to either sign up again. I was a member for years but they seem to treat people like garbage. Just going to have to wait for the General Public tickets to go on sale.

Get the Madonna app, try to register there, happened to me.

Get the Madonna app, try to register there, happened to me.

Thanks for advice Mmmmm. Much appreciated.

Carta has been incredible to me and has helped me register. He is a such a wonderful person and a true gentlemen. Love you Carta. You achieved something that I could not do in months.

Thanks for advice Mmmmm. Much appreciated.

Carta has been incredible to me and has helped me register. He is a such a wonderful person and a true gentlemen. Love you Carta. You achieved something that I could not do in months.

You're welcome, jazzyjan!! I'm glad I could help!!! :)