Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

F*CK, it better be announced tomorrow? I am sick to death of waiting & having my hopes up, Ipex better be right, why would he give us a date if it wasn't legit?, I really believe the guy, please be announced tomorrow... :angry:

Here is what IPex said 2 weeks ago :

"OK, so big news. Lots has changed since my last post… an agreement has been reached and she'll now be giving us a proper tour. She will now be visiting four cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth - and will be in Australia for almost a month. At this stage, the tour dates will be announced on Tuesday, June 9. *Maybe* earlier but definitely no later than that. It's happening!

then this a day later...

More info. I have some good news and some bad news. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane confirmed and locked in. Definitely happening. Perth may not. Live Nation needs maximum yield per show to turn a profit and it's doubtful that they can fly the whole thing over to the West Coast just for a couple of shows at a mid-sized arena and still make money, considering the transport costs and how much $$$ Madonna and her team require. So it's likely now that Perth will be scrapped and the tour restricted to the East Coast, with Perth replaced by an East Coast winery show or shows. To me, this is absolutely crazy - I just can't imagine Madonna doing a f*cking winery show, it's the kind of thing a 'heritage act' does in their twilight years - but apparently some big artists have done it and wineries are increasingly becoming a major vector in the Australian concert market. Also, winery shows can easily host 10,000+ - in some cases over 20,000 - so the capacity is akin to an arena or even a small stadium. I'm still shocked at the idea though.

The other thing I can reveal is that the tour is ending in Australia, which is pretty cool IMO. There aren't many Asian dates and there will be no South American dates.

Oh, and all Australian dates will be in March 2016."

Note : He said dates will come June 9 (no later!)

Guest Rachelle of London

Guys you never know. There could be an announcement tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

She always does big tour announcements when there's other publicity around - that's why we were able to predict the US and European tickets going on sale close to the time of the RH album release.

Based on this - I'm expecting the June 9th date to be true - cos that date will likely mean presales happening this week followed by public onsale next Monday - which funnily enough happens to also be the world premiere date of her new video.

The new video's supposedly got a load of celebrities in it - and will undoubtedly be much talked about worldwide. Tickets going on sale for her first Australian tour in 22 years will be the perfect event to accompany that!

Guest Rachelle of London

She always does big tour announcements when there's other publicity around - that's why we were able to predict the US and European tickets going on sale close to the time of the RH album release.

Based on this - I'm expecting the June 9th date to be true - cos that date will likely mean presales happening this week followed by public onsale next Monday - which funnily enough happens to also be the world premiere date of her new video.

The new video's supposedly got a load of celebrities in it - and will undoubtedly be much talked about worldwide. Tickets going on sale for her first Australian tour in 22 years will be the perfect event to accompany that!

Exactly my thoughts

Sadly no dates but it is still fairly early in the morning.

there's always the possibility that ipex was trolling. Do we know why he seemed credible in the first place? I thought he seemed genuine.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh so it's still early. Guys my fingers are crossed. We got the announcement 10am our time so it may be similar.

Silly to rely on someone's word when you have no idea of anything about them. In the absence of news to the contrary, M will tour Australia. It's just a matter of time as to when we find out any more than that. Patience my fellow Aussies :)

I've just come to the realisation for the first time that Ipex might have been trolling the whole time, just for a bit of fun for something to talk about, hope I'm wrong...

I've just come to the realisation for the first time that Ipex might have been trolling the whole time, just for a bit of fun for something to talk about, hope I'm wrong...

It wouldn't be the first time someone got the announcement date wrong (hello Billboard), I think it's just the info they have at the time. LN told someone to 'stay tuned' when they asked on the Facebook page so even if it's not today I think that's a good sign.

I don't know how many times I have to say it...

Live Nation will tease a big tour announcement like this on their FB page for a few days before it gets announced.

So if LN are silent, I wouldn't expect anything to happen this week.

Yay, I got my tickets to Rebel Heart Tour at Hanging Rock. Ticketmaster also threw in a complimentary fruit basket and a Chardonay from the region. See you all on the 3rd of March.

Yay, I got my tickets to Rebel Heart Tour at Hanging Rock. Ticketmaster also threw in a complimentary fruit basket and a Chardonay from the region. See you all on the 3rd of March.

Did that include the "Miranda Tour" of the rocks? ;)

Did that include the "Miranda Tour" of the rocks? ;)

No, but I think Madonna may have taken that tour :)

She might mysteriously turn up in 2023 with Miranda and the other 3.

Announcement dates are easily changed, does not mean the other information is not accurate or on track. Nothing to do with BIM though. I will be patiently hopeful.