First 5 RH Tour dates re-scheduled to January 2016

Apples388

Me niether, after 28 years of going to see her its easily an hour late. Most times 2. I still go on time just in case but im always scared of going to the loo (thats what pisses me off). :)

Yeah when I saw her in LA people were pretty upset some were even sleeping in their seats because she came on so late and there was huge time gap after Martin Solveig stopped playing. I didn't care it was my first Madonna show I even got there early just so I could be there lmao

its so screwed that she doesnt have a fucking hit song for this era!!! and her touring reputation is shot.

im about to tread delicate ground here.

im frightened that the madonsters will find and kill and eat me like zombies. :rotfl:

nah but really, this is concerning as a madonna fan since 1983. why isnt she selling out? Los Angeles hasnt even sold out ONE NIGHT - seating equivalent to 2 nights at MSG. thats unheard of - ITS MADONNA!!!

the thanksgiving of MDNA, my cousins wife said she went to see madonna. (aside from my dad, sister, lover, and close close friends i dont talk about madonna - i listen) that she came on late (around 10:45 pm, showtime was 8), and she had to leave at 11:30 because she had to drive 45 minutes home and had to get up at 6 am the following morning for work. that doesnt make someone want to lay out 350. for the next concert.

personally i think a lot of those people went back to see madonna because of the Super Bowl. they wanted to see one of the worlds greatest entertainers doing 30 years of hits.

outside of Madonna's billion dollar bubble and in the real world they call that Bad Business. and people dont return. i think were seeing that now.

----

SLING THE ARROWS!!! SLING THE ARROWS!!!!

st-sebastian.jpg

nothing to sling I completely agree

her career isn't exactly going very well right now and at this point it might be hard for her to recover from this

Guest Pud Whacker

she was never more than a half hour late until Sticky and then MDNA was really bad. but then Donatella said in that interview that madonna was in so much pain throughout the entire MDNA tour, so it kind of made sense.

For the next album, best she take another lengthy break. 4 or 5 yrs. I know it's long, but for her touring reputation, best she let those waters cool before going out to sea again.

Guest Pud Whacker

nothing to sling I completely agree

her career isn't exactly going very well right now and at this point it might be hard for her to recover from this

i think she will. in fact, im hoping once the tour starts, word of mouth will shift more tickets.

we have no idea what she has up her sleeve!!!

nah but really, this is concerning as a madonna fan since 1983. why isnt she selling out? Los Angeles hasnt even sold out ONE NIGHT - seating equivalent to 2 nights at MSG. thats unheard of - ITS MADONNA!!!

Yeah I'm kinda flabbergasted about the London situation similarly.

She went on Prime Time Saturday night TV here for a full hour with 2 live performances - the first time that's happened in the UK in 10 years - and tickets went on general sale Monday morning after that. So she had the kind of FREE ADVERTISING most acts could only dream of.

Yet she could not sell ONE night at the London O2 with sufficient speed for them to add a 2nd date immediately. In fact it took weeks and weeks before they felt confident to add a 2nd date - and the plans for a 3rd date were binned.

London is one of the largest and richest cities in the world - and MADONNA can basically only sell out one night at an indoor arena comfortably - even with massive primetime TV promotion happening.

I remember CT - they were adding extra London gigs faster than you could blink - as each one sold out. Ended up doing EIGHT nights!!

Guest Pud Whacker

For the next album, best she take another lengthy break. 4 or 5 yrs. I know it's long, but for her touring reputation, best she let those waters cool before going out to sea again.

that would be best. a complete reinvention, if you will. new people, new tour template (she may have one already)

i had great ideas for this tour!!! you know, completely different than the four segments shes been doing since blond ambition that EVERYONE copies.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah I'm kinda flabbergasted about the London situation similarly.

She went on Prime Time Saturday night TV here for a full hour with 2 live performances - the first time that's happened in the UK in 10 years - and tickets went on general sale Monday morning after that. So she had the kind of FREE ADVERTISING most acts could only dream of.

Yet she could not sell ONE night at the London O2 with sufficient speed for them to add a 2nd date immediately. In fact it took weeks and weeks before they felt confident to add a 2nd date - and the plans for a 3rd date were binned.

London is one of the largest and richest cities in the world - and MADONNA can basically only sell out one night at an indoor arena comfortably - even with massive primetime TV promotion happening.

I remember CT - they were adding extra London gigs faster than you could blink - as each one sold out. Ended up doing EIGHT nights!!

and i was there in london for those CONFESSIONS SHOWS!!!

---

its mind boggling regarding now. i have a few theories but...

BTW - Ticketpop in Puerto Rico have been swift and courteous with regards my ticket refunds - thanks so much to Chelle for her help!!

Amazed though at this:

Thanks for writing. We regret the inconvenience for the date change. We can perform the cancellation of your order and reimburse the credit card used with the cost of the ticket and its tax. Service charges are non-refundable, as established in the policy at the time of purchase.

I mean - whatever issues I may have with refunds for hotel and flights are one thing - but there should be ZERO cost the customer with regards the actual concert ticket refunds due to this schedule change. It's kinda bad!!

Guest Pud Whacker

BTW - Ticketpop in Puerto Rico have been swift and courteous with regards my ticket refunds - thanks so much to Chelle for her help!!

Amazed though at this:

Thanks for writing. We regret the inconvenience for the date change. We can perform the cancellation of your order and reimburse the credit card used with the cost of the ticket and its tax. Service charges are non-refundable, as established in the policy at the time of purchase.

I mean - whatever issues I may have with refunds for hotel and flights are one thing - but there should be ZERO cost the customer with regards the actual concert ticket refunds due to this schedule change. It's kinda bad!!

:thumbsup:

(jamesy - im listening to the WTG audio as we talk)

No way should Madonna take a long break, I want to enjoy her as much as possible while we still can, she's not going to tour and make music forever. Fuck I feel sick just thinking about it.

She needs to do a chatshow and say she'll be performing her hits. Fuck it

That's another thing that turned some off with MDNA.....not enough of the classics. Too much MDNA.

I mean it WAS the "MDNA" tour. Not a greatest hits tour.

But you know how some people are :|

In the UK I think she should have just stuck with London I know cities exist outside of London but the northern part if the UK just doesnt seem to work for her,s&s manchester and now this year.

Guest Rachelle of London

So happy for you Jamesy!!!!!!

Disgusting how you're being charged service charge. THEY changed the date. Ugh!!!

she was never more than a half hour late until Sticky and then MDNA was really bad. but then Donatella said in that interview that madonna was in so much pain throughout the entire MDNA tour, so it kind of made sense.

I don't remember any of the shows I went to back in the day starting late. As far as being in pain, no doubt that's true, but seems would be more of an issue after the show then just before it.

Amazed though at this:

Yep, even charging you a service fee is bullshit. You had nothing to do w/ the rescheduling! These companies nowadays, airlines, ticket sales, hotels, etc, are making money not by what they sell but damn service fees! They're definitely abusing it.

Guest Pud Whacker

Hmmmmmmmm.

PUD!!!!

I get very uplifted and quite emotional when I do that these days lol!

It's like a shot of adrenaline!!!!

In the UK I think she should have just stuck with London I know cities exist outside of London but the northern part if the UK just doesnt seem to work for her,s&s manchester and now this year.

But she has only sold out one show in London the second show is struggling hence the price reduction today. She wouldn't sell anymore tickets if the Northern shows weren't happening This has been on the cards for a while, she was touring gold up until CT. Then she signed up to Live Nation and they fucked over fans by charging £150 for seats at the back of stadium with shitty sight lines and shoddy sound systems. Then they book her into Hyde Park another terrible choice of venue. Her reputation as a live performer in the UK is shot to pieces. Guy O and Live Nation are responsible for this mess. They went after short term gains which damaged her no end. Now we are seeing the public and fans refusing to pay ridiculous amounts for seats that should be half the price they are charging. I am just amazed she has sat back and let this happen. How can she not know what is happening? After this tour she needs to go a away for a long period. Hire a new team with fresh ideas and a new approach. No posting on Instagram for a while keep a low profile. No posts about her new music who she working with or telling everyone she's an apologetic bitch.

Come back and suprise everyone.

What about another album before she turns 60, but a break from touring?

Guest bluejean

I must admit she doesn't seem as energetic during the promo tour as what she was on MDNA. She clearly pushed herself too far on MDNA and I imagine that's why Australia was cancelled.

I guess this next tour we'll see her pull back abit in terms of dancing.

Um no. One of the problems is that Madonna DID spend too much time focusing on London back in the day and fans from all over the UK would have to travel there to see her. That's fine when you're chart gold and fans are in their late teens, 20s, early 30s, but people aren't willing to do that now. All the big name acts play stadiums and multiple arena nights across the UK. Madonna, with no proper touring history outside London is now struggling to sell out 12-18k arenas. London alone is a city of 8 million people, and she's struggling to play 2 nights there. The problem runs a lot deeper.

However this discussion had been done to death in the itinerary additions thread. We all know the reasons by now.

Guest bluejean

I can't understand why U2 are doing so well though. Their shows are a total borefest. Are people that basic that they are satisfied with all the hits being played without anything unique or interesting in the performance?

MDNA took a lot out of her. It's ironic cuz the tour itself was so mind bogglingly good. But midway through, she wasn't in the best of spirits.

There's still hope yet if her team is smart. They can make this tour just as big of an achievement as the last one. I refuse to believe Madonna is only going to play 1 date in LA or Vegas.

I've really just let go of my Miami disappointment in the last 24 hours. I'll always be angry about it on some level, but whatever, she's forgiven. What's surprising me is that I'm not really jumping at the chance to see her in January or elsewhere and I've already refunded my Miami tickets. I've just kinda checked out excitement wise about this tour.

When September 9th hits that could all go out the window tho. But for now I'm just like alright whatever, let's see the BIM video and hope she adds Oceania/Asia/South America to her itinerary to make up for the tepid ticket movement.

Guest bluejean

I swear all shed need to do is name it The Greatest Hits Tour and tickets would start selling.

I can't understand why U2 are doing so well though. Their shows are a total borefest. Are people that basic that they are satisfied with all the hits being played without anything unique or interesting in the performance?

Cuz they have a revolving lemon on stage.