First 5 RH Tour dates re-scheduled to January 2016

Apples388

I want every song from RH with Causin a Commotion thrown in.

and over and over for me. (yes with a tamborine!!!) Id die.

Plus the message is the same as LFL.

i hope it's RH filled setlist!!! want her hits? buy Celebration....

Want RH tracks? Buy RH :p

If she's touring Australia, New Zealand and new countries in Asia, those fans are going to want to hear the hits live (for the very first time, in the case of everything she's released since 1994, or everything she's ever released for the Kiwis and the non-Japanese Asians).

It could be the reason for the delay. She's been advised to change the setlist.

That would necessitate more than a one-week delay, though, wouldn't it?

I would actually be happy with the hits turn around, I love Rebel Heart and I am sure she is not going to neglect the album on the tour seeing as how it is called the Rebel Heart tour but still she just has so many good oldies lol

i hope it's RH filled setlist!!! want her hits? buy Celebration....

Madonna has a back catalogue that many artists would kill for. Most people associate Madonna with her hits, and want to hear them. Rebel Heart is brilliant but the reality is Madonna, like many artists who have been around for years, are better known for their legacy than their new music, and it is what the majority of people want to hear. It is something we need to accept, she has got to that point in her career, a career which has shined and continues to shine brighter than most.

I think we forget that most of us on here are hardcore loons, and that most people in the stadium / arena who buy tickets are not. I think we also forget Madonna is selling a product, and if she wants to sell lots of tickets, then that product has to be acceptable to the majority.

If she wants to play only new stuff, then maybe she has to scale down, unless she has another massive hit ah la Hung Up or Four Minutes.

I agree with you Wright. Its selfish that I just want songs I havent seen live. But I do :lol: No I know what you mean, people have been paying fortunes for years and not recognizing the songs. I hoped if she was going to OZ she would play her hits so its good for them.:)

I wish she did an anti tour for us lot though and even print 'NO HITS' on the tickets so casual fans arent let down and we get what we want. Even if it was an MTV special or a one off filmed for DVD.

When has Madonna ever done a tour with no hits and just the new album? I like the new stuff and the older stuff. I think the majority of people who buy tickets to see an artist do. I don't really see why this is a debate. She should do stuff from Rebel Heart and the older songs as well in a balanced way.

It's not the game it's how you play..

I used to love Over and Over a lot, especially the you can dance mix.

Oh god I want to hear Gambler live. Just once M.

That sign isn't official is it? If it was going to be a real old hits tour it would already be markted like that so people knew when the tickets got out for sale.

Madonna has a back catalogue that many artists would kill for. Most people associate Madonna with her hits, and want to hear them. Rebel Heart is brilliant but the reality is Madonna, like many artists who have been around for years, are better known for their legacy than their new music, and it is what the majority of people want to hear. It is something we need to accept, she has got to that point in her career, a career which has shined and continues to shine brighter than most.

I think we forget that most of us on here are hardcore loons, and that most people in the stadium / arena who buy tickets are not. I think we also forget Madonna is selling a product, and if she wants to sell lots of tickets, then that product has to be acceptable to the majority.

If she wants to play only new stuff, then maybe she has to scale down, unless she has another massive hit ah la Hung Up or Four Minutes.

i agree with you. and i really hope she scale down the production (less extravaganza and more..music). the fact is, her music is as brilliant now has it was 30 years ago, and i want to hear the new stuff....yes, i'm selfish.....(but not that much...if i go to some singer concert i want to her his music, no matter if new or old....can't understand people spending $200+ and then lamenting "oh....she didn't play her 80s stuff")

When has Madonna ever done a tour with no hits and just the new album? I like the new stuff and the older stuff. I think the majority of people who buy tickets to see an artist do. I don't really see why this is a debate. She should do stuff from Rebel Heart and the older songs as well in a balanced way.

well...what's wrong about a debate? :laugh:

we have to see if the setlist will be RH focused or balanced, or oriented to the hits....and if the hits will be played in original mix or heavily reworked....

as i said, i wouldn't mind a RH only tour...(i know it wont happen...)

As much as I love Rebel Heart,I think a greatest hits tour is long overdue.The general public would love a greatest hits tour from Madonna.

I would actually be happy with the hits turn around, I love Rebel Heart and I am sure she is not going to neglect the album on the tour seeing as how it is called the Rebel Heart tour but still she just has so many good oldies lol

I agree.

I just hope that,in addition to the major hits,she throws in stuff like "Angel" and "Causing A Commotion"...songs she hasn't performed live in a long time.

I agree with you but there's something I don't understand:

When you pay 400$ for a concert ticket, why don't you buy the last album to get used of her new songs???

That's so damn stupid...

I agree with you but there's something I don't understand:

When you pay 400$ for a concert ticket, why don't you buy the last album to get used of her new songs???

That's so damn stupid...

Especially in the US when you buy your ticket, a download of the album is included with your ticket. It's not like you have to go out and buy it separately. So why wouldn't you listen to something you already have?

I like hearing some older stuff, but I don't think she should be dictated to by the majority and feel forced to do a Greatest Hits tour. I don't want a Greatest Hits tour, but certainly not an all Rebel Heart tour either. I want a balance, which is what most of her tours have been.

Im a dreamer but id like her to do a tour anthology (if thats the right term) Imagine her starting with Dress you up and doing highlights from each tour, then she can end with the RH songs. Even if some are mash ups.

Itll never happen and weve already been told about holy water and SEX.

I do hope that the sex book version of erotica is used, again even if its a mash up.

Im a dreamer but id like her to do a tour anthology (if thats the right term) Imagine her starting with Dress you up and doing highlights from each tour, then she can end with the RH songs. Even if some are mash ups.

I do hope that the sex book version of erotica is used, again even if its a mash up.

Why would you want her to do older songs in the same way she has done in past tours with the same costumes and same arrangements? That sounds boring to me. If I want to see that I can watch the DVD's of past tours. I love hearing older songs but not in the exact same way as past tours.

I also think it would be a terrible idea to do all old songs in a row and save the new songs until the end. I like her alternating older songs with new songs.

Well its not going to happen but (just for me) would be my life. Im nostalgic. Shes never let us down so the show will be in good hands.

This will never ever happen and don't expect it too but something that I personally would love - like a dream scenario. Madonna did 2 concerts, a concert aimed for fans plus the General public and casual fans - with big hit songs and a sprinkling of new songs. Let's face it, us loons would love it too. But then, have a separate "Madonna loons and superfans" concert as well where minor hits, favourite album tracks and stacks of new songs were played. The atmosphere would be incredible because no one worrying about "not knowing songs" etc. Imagine going to both concerts.

Guest Rachelle of London

I want a balanced tour.

However once this LN deal is over, I DEMAND a anti tour.

Well its not going to happen but (just for me) would be my life. Im nostalgic. Shes never let us down so the show will be in good hands.

She has re-invented and payed homage to past videos/performances/looks, particularly in the last few years, i have been a fan since 1985 so i totally get what you mean and have fantasized with something like that sometimes...

I LOVED the Papa dont Preach dance steps in the LFL video, the gaultier corset from MDNA, Vogue from RIT, i dunno, she's had so many amazing iconic moments throughout her career, so it's pretty amazing seeing her acknowledge them...

Everytime i watch the amazing S&S performance of Vogue, the part in the end when the piano kicks in, i always picture her doing the original Vogue routine lol

Duuuuuude....a 2.0 type tour would be amazing in my opinion. Yea I can watch the old tours but I wanna FEEL them in person. I've only been to Drowned World and beyond. To see Madonna with even just that BA pony tail one more time would make my heart stop! There's not a lot of artists today who's nostalgia actually gives you the right feeling. Madonna does! So I'd be here for it.

This is the first time since Drowned Workd where I actually want to hear all the new songs live. I feel her years of massive touring are coming to and end so, with that, I appreciate her doing a good bit of hits too. It wouldn't surprise me if she merges songs, old and new...mashups if you will. That way she can do the best of both worlds and it all comes full circle. Regardless, I'm there Jan 20th and am super excited!