First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

Guest Rachelle of London

I feel horrible for you. I'm surprised I haven't torn my laptop in half.

Where are you travelling from Nabguy?

I remember seeing footage of M saying that she planned to tour Australia and Japan first for the Blond Ambition Tour (I think) then travel the rest of the world. Assuming that the rescheduled dates are due to low ticket sales then I really wish she started her tour in a market guaranteed to be lucrative such as South America and Asia Pacific to avoid a mess like this from happening.

This happened with DWT, SS, and MDNA.

Unfortunately first shows have a high probability of being canceled and shuffled around -by all artists. Unless its your city, never travel for the first few shows of any tour.

I feel for you guys:(

And fuck the airline industry for being nazis. It wasn't like this 15+ years ago where you can't change a damn ticket.

No it states specifically first five shows postponed until January.... I am really sorry for all you guys who have to suffer this fuck up, it must really suck. I hope for those that will make an effort to go on the rescheduled time that you get the most out of your money and waiting time out of it

I booked with Expedia as a package, non transferable or refundable. Barney explained a few pages back. He's worked in travel for years.

I'm just gonna go and party with all my friends who are in town at the same time.

Have you called the airline directly. I had to cancel a trip from something I booked through Expedia and I called the airline directly & after a lot of pleading, finally spoke to a manager. They finally agreed to give me credit for my ticket which can be used for a future flight on the condition that I had to book it within the year. Mind you, this was several years ago but it's worth a try.

A word of advice for those traveling to any of the shows - get travel insurance - the kind where you can cancel/change your flight for any reason. It's actually not that expensive, depending on your itinerary, but should be less than $100.

Ugh, this sucks for everyone who has already shelled out travel expenses etc. for this. I was excited to go because I was only a couple of hours away and it was opening night. But it's sort of a blessing in disguise right now because I could use that money right now. I guess I'll make plans to go see her in either Phoenix, Detroit, or DC. Wonder which one will be least likely to be cancelled.

A word of advice for those traveling to any of the shows - get travel insurance - the kind where you can cancel/change your flight for any reason. It's actually not that expensive, depending on your itinerary, but should be less than $100.

we said it already:

this kind of insurance doesn't exist in every country. According to Chelle, it doesn't exist in UK and, from my knowledge, it doesn't exist in Canada.

This is not fun at all...after buying an expensive ticket on Stubhub and booking an international flight from Brazil only to see the opening...thanx for fucking it all Madonna!

It looks like this is all about the money.

we said it already:

this kind of insurance doesn't exist in every country. According to Chelle, it doesn't exist in UK and, from my knowledge, it doesn't exist in Canada.

Don't know rates or availability in other countries but Travel Guard gives quotes for non-US residents, including UK residents. I've used Travel Guard for travel to Asia from the US & back, & they were reasonably priced.

For non-US residents:

https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=tgdirect&intcmp=clc-001-Nav-1-GetQuote&arc=000329

For US residents:

https://buy.travelguard.com/tgi2/pct/default.aspx?br=tgdirect&pc=PCTDS-PGS&intcmp=clc-001-Nav-1-GetQuote

Shit, I'm so sorry for you guys! We will never know the real reasons for this postponement but you have every right to be pissed off right now, I would cry.

It reminds me of that day when she cancelled the first DWT shows in Cologne. It was supposed to be my first Madonna show and I had the best seats ever. I got a refund for them but couldn't manage to get tickets for any other European show after she cancelled them because the demand was SO high, so I didn't see the show at all. Long story short - I feel your pain

Yes, people have a right to be angry. But they have no right to blame Madonna for their decisions to book non-refundable flights or hotels. You always can book a hotel at bookiing.com (without paying a cent till the day of arrival) or book a flight with any kind of insurance. It's not Madonna's fault that you don't think of the things like that.
Madonna and her team have reasons to reschedule the concerts and they informed us 3+ months before and apologised and are ready to return money for the tickets. In most cases it's enough time to change travel plans or cancel bookings. What else should they do? Perform without stage because some people don't think about insurance and don't know what risk is?
And why's it so hard to believe that some part of the show is not going to be ready? Like stage for example or screens..
Just read all those horrible things her fans post on her instagram now.

Fuck off.

At first I thought! WTF... Then it dawned on me. We have sufficient notice to rearrange our schedules. Fact is most airlines allow ticketing changes for a minor change fee... Most hotels will honor a reservation change as well....and if you took time off work... Well it's still early to make a change request. Suck it up and stop complaining! At least the shows aren't cancelled outright!

Don't know rates or availability in other countries but Travel Guard gives quotes for non-US residents, including UK residents. I've used Travel Guard for travel to Asia from the US & back, & they were reasonably priced.

For non-US residents:

https://buy.travelguard.com/TGI2/proc/stateselector.aspx?br=tgdirect&intcmp=clc-001-Nav-1-GetQuote&arc=000329

For US residents:

https://buy.travelguard.com/tgi2/pct/default.aspx?br=tgdirect&pc=PCTDS-PGS&intcmp=clc-001-Nav-1-GetQuote

well.. from what I read, this is not a covered risk. but anyway.

Just asked for my full refund on Stubhub (yeah, if it´s for me there will be another empty seat on January). But I´m still going to Miami though.

If she doesn´t really care, I shouldn´t care that much either (if she comes to Brazil ok, but I won´t make too much of an effort as I have done for this cancelled concert).

Fact is most airlines allow ticketing changes for a minor change fee... Most hotels will honor a reservation change as well....and if you took time off work... Well it's still early to make a change request. Suck it up and stop complaining! At least the shows aren't cancelled outright!

Except that's not a FACT at all, and if you took the time to actually READ the 16 pages that came before your wrong, stupid, uninformed opinion, then you would know that without being told.

After being absolutely furious last night and going to bed that way, and then waking up just as furious, Iv'e finally had a few hours to calm down.

I'm getting a refund and I don't have any plans to attend any shows this tour, I can't afford to fly anywhere and muck up my already crazy schedule this year, and god knows what I'll be doing come January 2016 (!!!). So that is extremely, extremely disappointing for me.

With that said, I could use the money, and Madonna, the fucking bitch that she is, will always have me wrapped around her lace glove fingers, so I can already feel myself forgiving her.

I still feel sick to my stomach when I think of the fans traveling from BRAZIL or London or Italy or god knows where to see the opening night of the show in the Magic City. It's almost comical how inept she and her handlers are starting to seem. But what's done is done.

I hope everyone else attending this tour has an incredible time and I'll do what I did during Sticky & Sweet, enjoy this tour from the periphery and who knows, maybe buy a last minute Miami ticket after all next winter.

I'm totally with you anger wise. I never, EVER thought I could be this pissed off at Madonna. I have 14 years of history with her, but WOW, what a mess up.

Yeah me neither. But it speaks volumes how devoted I am when the next day I'm thumbing through my Sex Book and dancing to her music during my workout :lol:

She's literally like my fucking boyfriend or something, I hate how much I love her :lol:

This happened with DWT, SS, and MDNA.

Unfortunately first shows have a high probability of being canceled and shuffled around -by all artists. Unless its your city, never travel for the first few shows of any tour.

I feel for you guys:(

And fuck the airline industry for being nazis. It wasn't like this 15+ years ago where you can't change a damn ticket.

Exactly. I feel for everyone too and all the hostility is understandable and justified but shit does happen. As you point out, it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Idk what it is, but the first week or two of a tour is always quite risky. I'm going to the DC show and honestly, the first time I saw the itinerary I was a little nervous that the show is so close to the beginning of the tour, because the likelihood of this kind of bullshit is greater. I can imagine with such a huge undertaking, things you can't even foresee in the beginning stages of planning come up throughout the development of the show in turn causing things like this to happen.

Aren't the tickets still good for the later date tho for the ppl who aren't fucked by the airlines????

Sure they are, but how excited do you think I'll be after the show has been on the road for 4 months and I've seen every photograph and gif? Plus B-roll from Montreal. And don't tell me to avoid them, cuz I won't be able to. Opening night in my home state was a huge, symbolic deal for me. Now that's over. And to the cunt who rolled his eyes when I said that earlier, go suck a fuck, let's see how you'd feel if this happened to you.

If I still feel as juiced up in January 2016 (and assuming the shows aren't cancelled, lets be real), I'll go ahead and buy a last minute ticket, Hector style. I've done it before. For now, I need the money.

Exactly. I feel for everyone too and all the hostility is understandable and justified but shit does happen. As you point out, it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Idk what it is, but the first week or two of a tour is always quite risky. I'm going to the DC show and honestly, the first time I saw the itinerary I was a little nervous that the show is so close to the beginning of the tour, because the likelihood of this kind of bullshit is greater. I can imagine with such a huge undertaking, things you can't even foresee in the beginning stages of planning come up throughout the development of the show in turn causing things like this to happen.

Um, wiping out the first 5 dates and tacking them onto the end of the tour 4 months later is common?

You people are amazing. The last time anything like this happened was maybe 2001 with Cologne. Since then, most if not all opening shows (even Tel Aviv 2012 since that show honored EVERYONE's tickets) have gone off without a hitch.

Just stop, don't piss me off all over again.

Sure they are, but how excited do you think I'll be after the show has been on the road for 4 months and I've seen every photograph and gif? Plus B-roll from Montreal. And don't tell me to avoid them, cuz I won't be able to. Opening night in my home state was a huge, symbolic deal for me. Now that's over. And to the cunt who rolled his eyes when I said that earlier, go suck a fuck, let's see how you'd feel if this happened to you.

If I still feel as juiced up in January 2016 (and assuming the shows aren't cancelled, lets be real), I'll go ahead and buy a last minute ticket, Hector style. I've done it before. For now, I need the money.

You seemed to really love MDNA so if this tour is anywhere near that you will probably still be super excited to see it live! :) Think of all the controversies that happened with MDNA in the 3-4 months BEFORE it hit the U.S.....if anything maybe you will be even MORE hungry for her! :)

I'm just trying to be optimistic. I hate seeing her biggest supporters so upset......not that you shouldn't be.

Um, wiping out the first 5 dates and tacking them onto the end of the tour 4 months later is common?

You people are amazing. The last time anything like this happened was maybe 2001 with Cologne. Since then, most opening shows (even Tel Aviv 2012 since that show honored EVERYONE's tickets) have gone off without a hitch.

Just stop, don't piss me off all over again.

TBH, you are in a very lucky position when compared to other fans! You got a full refund, no money lost in travel or accomodation. Overall, you just missed the opening night, which is not tragic.

Now those fans travelling from all over the world, that lost a lot of money in hotel and flights, those I feel sorry for.