First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

The sheer arrogance of it all gets to me a little.

It's kinda like "oh well - nevermind - I'm a perfectionist - it's no big deal".

Except stuff like this is costing lots of people a lot of money and a better excuse and explanation is in order.

And please think of it like this - if we're really to believe that with over THREE MONTHS to go, they are cancelling all these shows cos they're worried about a few days of extra rehearsal and preparation, then are any dates scheduled for the first month of the tour reliable?

When they're actually CLOSE to tour opening - that's when issues to do with rehearsals, stage construction, videos etc. etc. really come to light. They may just swap around a load of other dates on a whim closer to the time.

Oh - and as for refunds - even though it's trivial in comparison to everything else - can't imagine anyone will get that ridiculous Live Nation $25 "pre-sale" fee back, who purchased it specifically to buy for these first shows.

Nabguy sorry your plans have been ruined as well :(

Feeling so bad for everyone.

I ruined my diet and went and had popcorn, coke and an ice cream at the movies and then I came home only to find out I'm surfing the Crimson wave and I'm in bed teary as fuck about this all. The emotions 😂😂😂

Guest Rachelle of London

I wonder if Madonna will open a gym in Miami at the end of August?

:dead:

I pray she does just for the laughs!

I pray she does just for the laughs!

At least everyone flying to Miami for no reason can go see the opening of the gym

If she even shows up :dead:

I know it's frustrating, sad and upsetting but Madonna wouldn't reschedule a show if it wasn't a reason enough. I don't believe it's about rehearsals because she would rehearse even harder to be on time, it may have to do with the stage, probably they will need a few more days to finish it and try it.

Guest Rachelle of London

At least everyone flying to Miami for no reason can go see the opening of the gym

If she even shows up :dead:

They'd charge us to attend the opening of the gym :dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

Anyone else refreshing their emails to see if you get one from Live Nation stating "Madonna announces South American Leg of Tour January 2016" :lmao:

someone on twitter said what I said earlier: Hey M fans most airlines will change your travel dates for $250 + difference in fare. At least better than losing a whole ticket. Also check out booking.com for hotels. Free cancelations up to 24 hours before your arrival date. No payment up front.

My guess is that they've been told that the stage won't be ready in time unless they change it, or some other aspect of the production won't be finished in time for dress rehearsals etc. Putting all of this together is like building a house - each individual task has to be finished in a certain order and a delay in one apsect has a flow on effect. They've probably been told that for some reason or another, they're not going to be able to move to final, full dress rehearsals until a week later than scheduled, and Madonna and/or her management have decided (before rehearsals have even started) that a whole week of rehearsals on the proper stage can't be sacrificed. Given that they pretty much continue to rehearse on the day of every single show for the entire tour, the prospect of losing a full week of rehearsals is probably something that they don't want to have to deal with.

It sucks, but as others have said, it's probably beyond Madonna's control. Does anyone with industry connections know if there is a set minimum number of rehearsal days/hours that an employer is required by law to provide cast members before they hit the stage?

As soon as I heard the news I immediately thought of the peeps on here who got tickets to go to Miami just for the opening night. Feel so bad for all of you!

But weren't people already speculating about her cancelling opening night? Has she done it before? Anyway it sucks, and January is a ridiculous stretch.

Maybe Lourdes called her up all pissed off "but moooooooooooooom, that's the day we were supposed to go to Barbadoooooooooos to get a taaaaaaaaaan." And Madonna was all like "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. I'll cancel. I didn't even want to go there in the first place. I AHbsolutely loooouuuuuth AWTLAWNTA. Guy AHbviously doesn't know that."

Yea there's no way for me to not see spoilers now no matter how hard I try not to! My show is Atlanta too and I'm bummed. I don't have as much money tied up with the trip as a lot of fans do but it's still such a hassle. I wonder if our show is basically the first show of the Second Leg.....she changed some of S&S for it's second leg. Watch everyone get Rescue Me and Who's That Girl while we get Human Nature and Candy Shop.

I would assume we would be the start of the second leg since she'll be coming back from holiday by January 20th for Atlanta.

At this point I'll know the costumes, the set list, and the controversies by the time of the tour just like with MDNA.

We have floor tickets so it's going to be rad anyways but I am annoyed with her

They need to explain better though bc a delay for a week doesn't seem to add up. That's not that much more time

Guest Rachelle of London

someone on twitter said what I said earlier: Hey M fans most airlines will change your travel dates for $250 + difference in fare. At least better than losing a whole ticket. Also check out booking.com for hotels. Free cancelations up to 24 hours before your arrival date. No payment up front.

Ooh can that person on Twitter call up and get my BA flight refunded. I'd happily pay £250.

I would assume we would be the start of the second leg since she'll be coming back from holiday by January 20th for Atlanta.

At this point I'll know the costumes, the set list, and the controversies by the time of the tour just like with MDNA.

We have floor tickets so it's going to be rad anyways but I am annoyed with her

They need to explain better though bc a delay for a week doesn't seem to add up. That's not that much more time

Exactly! It was going to be such a rare experience to see a Madonna show without knowing what was coming up next. By the time I saw MDNA, I knew it front to back. Yes, I know I'm at fault for some of that but in this day and age you'll see major spoilers without meaning to. Plus it's hard! Oh well. It's always better in person obviously. I'm on the floor this time too, she should be rested and we will be beyond ready. Here's to no more issues!!!

Guest Rachelle of London

LOL!

Get them to call for me too please! :smile:

Hahaha. They could easily make a business out of gettin Madonna fans their refunds.

I know it's frustrating, sad and upsetting but Madonna wouldn't reschedule a show if it wasn't a reason enough. I don't believe it's about rehearsals because she would rehearse even harder to be on time, it may have to do with the stage, probably they will need a few more days to finish it and try it.

That's right, 4 more extra days ( despite the 122 days she will already have had to get the stage right ) will make all the difference in the world to her stage. This excuse is almost ( but not quite ) as hilarious as the one's for not touring Australia. Madonna must thank her lucky stars ( no pun ) that she has the most gullible fan base ( besides gaga and her " broken" hip ) in the world.

And to think, many people here made fun of Mariah's "unprofessional" behaviour for canceling one Vegas show, sheesh!

Yes, people have a right to be angry. But they have no right to blame Madonna for their decisions to book non-refundable flights or hotels. You always can book a hotel at bookiing.com (without paying a cent till the day of arrival) or book a flight with any kind of insurance. It's not Madonna's fault that you don't think of the things like that.

Madonna and her team have reasons to reschedule the concerts and they informed us 3+ months before and apologised and are ready to return money for the tickets. In most cases it's enough time to change travel plans or cancel bookings. What else should they do? Perform without stage because some people don't think about insurance and don't know what risk is?

And why's it so hard to believe that some part of the show is not going to be ready? Like stage for example or screens..

Just read all those horrible things her fans post on her instagram now.

I feel so sad and angry for everyone who's had their plans ruined.

It does seem strange that the know 3 months out that they will be a week late. Most things (stage, costumes etc) should be ready ages before opening which would still allow compressed rehearsal if these were late. So it must be something important (worth waiting for) and beyond their control.

It's pretty poor form that m's official sites are the LAST place to provide news.

Guest bluejean

Me neither. They've done it to fit it in with the next leg. Will be so shocked if she goes to Asia or Australia after that. It just wouldn't make sense.

Guest Rachelle of London
Yes, people have a right to be angry. But they have no right to blame Madonna for their decisions to book non-refundable flights or hotels. You always can book a hotel at bookiing.com (without paying a cent till the day of arrival) or book a flight with any kind of insurance. It's not Madonna's fault that you don't think of the things like that.
Madonna and her team have reasons to reschedule the concerts and they informed us 3+ months before and apologised and are ready to return money for the tickets. In most cases it's enough time to change travel plans or cancel bookings. What else should they do? Perform without stage because some people don't think about insurance and don't know what risk is?
And why's it so hard to believe that some part of the show is not going to be ready? Like stage for example or screens..
Just read all those horrible things her fans post on her instagram now.

Insurance doesnt cover it you uninformed know it all!!!!!

This must be the Twitter Travel Expert :lmao:

?......... cancelling opening night? Has she done it before? ......

If I'm not mistaken ( someone please correct me), the first Tel Aviv MDNA show got cancelled. They called it "pushed back by 2 days" as there were 2 shows originally, but ended up only doing the one. I'm not sure, though.

I REALLY pray she goes down under because those fans have waited an eternity and I'd hate to see any more complaints at this point. I'm bummed about this but I'm able to change my plans so I'm ok. Hoping this is the last of the issues and we can have a great tour!!!