Absolute Virgin Tour Appreciation: The Queen of Life!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

me too!!! shes so marvelous. i wish we had that whole speech. she talks about her grandmother and shyt.

I desperately need a dvd of Virgin Tour!!

GAMBLER!!! Glad you love it XXL. It wasn't released as a singel in North America but was a massive hit in other countries like mine. It was overlooked on compilations and I don't think she has performed it ever again.

:thumbsup:

I'm always praying she goes back to performing Gambler and praying she does it as close to the original as possible

It is a marvellous song

On every level

Someone snuck in a camcorder at the Dallas concert. Not shot from the front but still fantastic.

Timestamp for each song is listed in the info, includes the missing songs from the VHS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP5gdrfXjoI

Thanks Nemo! Wonderful :dramatic:

I wish there was a professional recording of the full VT in existence somewhere

Someone said a long time ago that the original footage of the Virgin Tour was stored in the twin towers.

If this is true, it no longer exists which is really really sad.

tumblr_nox2mdKlk91qlycwjo1_500.gif

I love the Lucky Star booty shake! I still do it to other club tracks.

I still think DYU is one her best live performances and best openings ever. The slight rework of the singing, the guitar riff, the choreography and the ending. Perfect! I still know the moves too...

Lucky Star and Gambler also are amazing! I love her jacket that she removes and the choreography again is perfect.

Into the Groove tamborine is life and the slamming beat and moves to Everybody really brought the song to life for me.

tumblr_mlhcgaTIzR1rzrproo2_500.gif

It's just an awesome live show. It shows there isn't a need for a mass of stages effects as you're just drawn to watching her.

i'm pretty sure warner bros has the full detroit show in their possession, i saw the virgin tour here in in my hometown on april 30 1985. i remember all the wannabe's and guys and girls wearing the rubber bracelets and lace tops..
i was 13.. geez,,, i feel old lolol i still have my shirt, my tour book and my stub.. it was my uncle who got me into her 2 years prior to the show, i lost him in 1991 from aids.. he was like an older brother.. fuck i miss him.

Guest Pud Whacker

tumblr_mvcsbltK5U1qlycwjo1_1280.jpg

Madonna's early notes for The Virgin Tour. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore was heavily considered! :bow:

I love how she owns that stage even without the uber technological settings of today

She was made for the stage

Whether it's in abandoned building or in a stadium

Wonderful raw natural talent

I love how she owns that stage even without the uber technological settings of today

She was made for the stage

Whether it's in abandoned building or in a stadium

Wonderful raw natural talent

So true. I can still watch this time and time again and love it. Madonna is such a charismatic performer and she is so sweet, happy, flirty and excited throughout the concert. I also loved it when singing Holiday, when she told the crowd to "get up out of their seats" and then also said " that includes you Grandma" or something similar. Her family all would have been there as in Detroit. Plus the way she looks at people in the crowd and smiles at them.

Thanks for all the photos as well Pud. Love them all.