Absolute Virgin Tour Appreciation: The Queen of Life!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Grandma outfits! Remember her boots? They became so popular and they were called grandma boots because they were so fabulous and all turn of the century and Lizzie Borden'd out!

Yeah I remember them!! And how they got popular for years too. Ah the days when shops were completely stuffed with Madonna ripped off and inspired things! They are still called grandma boots as far as I know. I was so proud of my first pair of netted gloves, I had no idea Madonna was actually reflecting sartorial history in such a cool way with these things, I just knew I had to have them :laugh:

I've kind of overlooked this show for a long time and the Virgin Tour bug bit me again quite recently, and I must say it's becoming a very favorite of mine - as they say, better late than never !

Madonna exclusively wore booties on her first 3 tours. They were (are) as synonymous w/ her as much as the thigh-highs today. As much as I love my Madonna in hooker boots.. and I DO love my Madonna in hooker boots... I'll always love her most in the booties. The way she'd run around the stage in those damn things.. so cute and yet so strong.

I've kind of overlooked this show for a long time and the Virgin Tour bug bit me again quite recently, and I must say it's becoming a very favorite of mine - as they say, better late than never !

Virgin Tour has absolutely stood the test of time. In fact, number-for-number, it may be her best, meaning there are NO bathroom break parts. Every damn number is magnificent. Fans that don't like Virgin or never give it a chance are missing such an important part of the "Madonna experience" imo.

It's my fav opening.

I know, i know that EY is incredible and PERFECT, I know that DW is stunning, I know that FL is absolutely incredible. But the energy, the flow of DYU is UNIQUE for me. I love this concert so much!

I want her to dance with her feet like that and bring back the tambourine.

I hear what you're saying. It's really hard to rank M's concert openings, if not impossible or downright unfair. Yes, EY is perfection. OYH from Who's That Girl is perfection. FL is perfection. DRESS YOU UP VIRGIN TOUR is perfection. When everything's perfect, it's perfect. You can't rank 'em.

Fans that don't like Virgin or never give it a chance are missing such an important part of the "Madonna experience" imo.

Indeed. It's all about M and her incredible charisma.

Except, of course, during the Dick Tracy segment in BA.

I'm trying to remember what she wore, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

I was only 4 or 5, and whenever I was home sick from pre-school or kindergarten, this was always my "feel better" vhs tape. Love this concert. I use to re-enact the tambourine moves in my bedroom.

And yes that opening outfit is everything. Loved discovering later on all the different combinations she had with it. Fucking amazing.

I was only 4 or 5, and whenever I was home sick from pre-school or kindergarten, this was always my "feel better" vhs tape. Love this concert. I use to re-enact the tambourine moves in my bedroom.

And yes that opening outfit is everything. Loved discovering later on all the different combinations she had with it. Fucking amazing.

That is so cute. I got the Beta :lol: video of the Virgin Tour for Christmas and played it so often that I too knew all of the moves off by heart. Always used to pretend to move the microphone stand down while pointing and smiling at some imaginary person, like she did in Dress you up.

Madonna exclusively wore booties on her first 3 tours. They were (are) as synonymous w/ her as much as the thigh-highs today. As much as I love my Madonna in hooker boots.. and I DO love my Madonna in hooker boots... I'll always love her most in the booties. The way she'd run around the stage in those damn things.. so cute and yet so strong.

I love the boots she wore for the Virgin Tour, the heels didn't seem to affect her dancing at all, Lucky Star and Over and Over are my faves

She dances so good with the booties. And with flat slippers. In MDNA, when she is with trainers in Celebration her body moves different. I so want her to use ballerina slippers for the whole Rebel Heart Tour and fuck those damn boots.

That happened to me with BAT. The "feel better" tape during the difficult teenage years. Freedom, gays being gay openly, the sense of belonging to something great...

I still know all the dance routines......is that embarrassing? I'm in my 40's now, but know them like the back of my hand.

The dance in Into The Groove - love love love, she looks so happy *sigh*

When she sings "need no words at aaaaaall" in Crazy For You *sigh*

And that jacket in the opening - hell yeah! Colour & fun!

The whole Virgin Tour is Happiness!!

I still know all the dance routines......is that embarrassing? I'm in my 40's now, but know them like the back of my hand.

The dance in Into The Groove - love love love, she looks so happy *sigh*

When she sings "need no words at aaaaaall" in Crazy For You *sigh*

And that jacket in the opening - hell yeah! Colour & fun!

The whole Virgin Tour is Happiness!!

That's fabulous not embarrassing!!

I remember when I watched it on VHS for the first time in 2000. It totally blew me away and I thought "wow there's so much to discover about this woman". Every tour has been different and not just in terms of looks, the choreographies, the vibe, the music. I have always loved her versatility and energy as a performer. I always love hearing stories from fans who were in attendance for her US-only Tour. I was two at the time

My fav from this tour:

Gambler

Crazy For You

Holiday

Dress You Up

Over And Over

Material Girl

Fantastic first taste of the phenomenal stage animal that Madonna Louise Ciccone is

tumblr_lpycejvcw21r0t5gco1_500.gif

tumblr_myxoudnYo21qljse3o1_500.gif

LUCKYSTARVIRGIN.jpg

I desperately need a dvd of Virgin Tour!!

GAMBLER!!! Glad you love it XXL. It wasn't released as a singel in North America but was a massive hit in other countries like mine. It was overlooked on compilations and I don't think she has performed it ever again.

I remember when I watched it on VHS for the first time in 2000. It totally blew me away and I thought "wow there's so much to discover about this woman". Every tour has been different and not just in terms of looks, the choreographies, the vibe, the music. I have always loved her versatility and energy as a performer. I always love hearing stories from fans who were in attendance for her US-only Tour. I was two at the time

My fav from this tour:

Gambler

Crazy For You

Holiday

Dress You Up

Over And Over

Material Girl

Fantastic first taste of the phenomenal stage animal that Madonna Louise Ciccone is

tumblr_lpycejvcw21r0t5gco1_500.gif

tumblr_myxoudnYo21qljse3o1_500.gif

LUCKYSTARVIRGIN.jpg

I have to steal your Gambler gif :sneaky:

I wish I could see Burning Up And Angel too!