Crazy For You' became a number-one hit, 30 years ago this week

acko

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/11/madonnas-crazy-for-you-turns-30/21182080/

'Crazy For You' was Madonna's first ballad to become a hit, and we're celebrating 30 years of its impact on popular music.

Madonna has never been a pop star to play by the rules, but she continues to win at the game. After breaking out almost 35 years ago, she has quite a lot of claim to her name -- she isn't called the "Queen of Pop" for nothing.

After selling over 300 million albums worldwide, she's been crowned the most successful chart-performing solo artist and top-touring female artist of all time. The global music icon is even worth a whopping $800 million.

'Crazy For You' was originally written for the film "Vision Quest," which saw moderate success in the box office. However, the song became a massive hit on adult contemporary radio all around the world. It even nabbed Madonna her first Grammy nomination for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1986. The song went on to become her second number-one single on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.

It's moments in musical history, like this, when we're reminded of the bona fide pop star that Madonna truly is.

One of my favourite ballads ever. Romantic dreamy song that Madonna sings so perfectly. I remember when both Crazy for you and Into the Groove became number 1 hit singles in Australia close together. Perfectly sums up my love for the different styles of Madonna and even then showed how she had both Rebel and Heart sides to her. Into the Groove is actually my favourite Madonna song of all time - it is pop/dance perfection and Crazy for you was the beginning of my absolute love for her ballads. Still don't think any other singer can sing both styles of songs so well and differently.

One of my favourite ballads ever. Romantic dreamy song that Madonna sings so perfectly. I remember when both Crazy for you and Into the Groove became number 1 hit singles in Australia close together. Perfectly sums up my love for the different styles of Madonna and even then showed how she had both Rebel and Heart sides to her. Into the Groove is actually my favourite Madonna song of all time - it is pop/dance perfection and Crazy for you was the beginning of my absolute love for her ballads. Still don't think any other singer can sing both styles of songs so well and differently.

Well said!! It fits me (like a glove?) too :)

I used to hate it. I only began to like it when I heard it remixed in 1990. I grew to love it after that. I thought it was fabulous on RIT when everyone sang along.

Angel/Into The Groove spent four weeks at #1 and then CFY replaced this iconic double A-side at the top. A/ITG was #2 for the year (behind "We Are The World") and CFY was #3 :)

Angel/Into The Groove spent four weeks at #1 and then CFY replaced this iconic double A-side at the top. A/ITG was #2 for the year (behind "We Are The World") and CFY was #3 :)

Thanks Carta for the chart facts. What a wonderful magical time that was to be a Madonna fan. Watching the whole world become Madonna crazy. We already knew how great she was but watching her then become the biggest star in the world was amazing.

I love this song so much. Sometimes I forget how magnificent this song actually is. I think it's aged very well too, it doesn't really sound "80's". It truly has a timeless quality to it like it could be from any decade.

Her first homage to Karen Carpenter maybe it's due to the fact that it is co-written by The Carpenters frequent collaborator John Bettis (Goodbye to love). He also co-wrote the superb "Human nature" by Michael Jackson.