I'm Breathless appreciation thread!

Hands down my FAVORITE Madonna era. EVER.

I LIVE for Breathless Mahoney. I LOVE Dick Tracy (yes, I have no shame in saying that. I was Dick Tracy for Halloween as a kid, with the talking watch and everything. No shame baby). I LOVE everything about her persona, her look, the hair, the music, (the film's production design), etc... everything!!!!!

No one can pull off the old Hollywood vibe like Madonna. No one. I love how when Dita Von Teese says Madonna does a look/persona, particularly old Hollywood, she does it RIGHT. To the finest detail. And she does.

The album is one of her best. I always use it as an example to people who say Madonna can't do anything but dance music, she couldn't do jazz/broadway...and then you show them anything from the I'm Breathless project and they shut the fuck up.

IB is such a beautiful display of Madonna's wide array of talents, styles...she can do anything really.

And she didn't have to resort to standards and covers.

I mean Sondheim...c'mon, not just anyone can pull Sondheim off, and she does it with such ease.

And as beautiful as "Sooner or Later" and others are, I think "More" is the prime example of just that. Who else could really pull that off? She deserves FAR more credit for that than she is ever given. It's up there with the best of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDf_234NGe0

From musical theater, to jazz, to pop, to dance... Everything about this era is a pure 'shut the fuck up' to anyone who thinks Madonna can't sing, isn't versatile, etc... She is EVERYTHING.

Oh, not to mention how stunningly beautiful she is this era. Dare I say the film captures her at her most beautiful.

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Wonderful soundtrack - beautifully sung, wonderful, creative era for her. Secretly that was the direction I always wanted Madonna to pursue anyway. It seemed like a natural, adult progression----she had other plans :)

Hands down my FAVORITE Madonna era. EVER.

I LIVE for Breathless Mahoney. I LOVE Dick Tracy (yes, I have no shame in saying that. I was Dick Tracy for Halloween as a kid, with the talking watch and everything. No shame baby). I LOVE everything about her persona, her look, the hair, the music, (the film's production design), etc... everything!!!!!

No one can pull off the old Hollywood vibe like Madonna. No one. I love how when Dita Von Teese says Madonna does a look/persona, particularly old Hollywood, she does it RIGHT. To the finest detail. And she does.

The album is one of her best. I always use it as an example to people who say Madonna can't do anything but dance music, she couldn't do jazz/broadway...and then you show them anything from the I'm Breathless project and they shut the fuck up.

IB is such a beautiful display of Madonna's wide array of talents, styles...she can do anything really.

And she didn't have to resort to standards and covers.

I mean Sondheim...c'mon, not just anyone can pull Sondheim off, and she does it with such ease.

And as beautiful as "Sooner or Later" and others are, I think "More" is the prime example of just that. Who else could really pull that off? She deserves FAR more credit for that than she is ever given. It's up there with the best of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDf_234NGe0

From musical theater, to jazz, to pop, to dance... Everything about this era is a pure 'shut the fuck up' to anyone who thinks Madonna can't sing, isn't versatile, etc... She is EVERYTHING.

Oh, not to mention how stunningly beautiful she is this era. Dare I say the film captures her at her most beautiful.

INCREDIBLE post!

She also had to prove to Sondheim that she could actually pull off the songs by auditioning the songs for him! She earned his approval with her expressive voice of course.

I remember acting like I was a crooner, performing to He's A Man, Back In Business and my favorite of the album, More.

It was magical, incredible, the difference from her previous album and the whole atmosphere surrounding the movie Dick Tracy.

The costumes, the colors, I could even smell the fancy wardrobe and the smoking cars and guns.

r1a2s2ejlv84lj8s.jpg?djet1p5k

• 4 weeks later...

This studio album is so great. One of her best studio albums. I wonder if she will ever do another studio album inspired in a movie, like this studio album. I remember when i bought this studio album that i was shocked because Vogue was the first single of this studio album and i expected a studio album simmilar to other studio albums.

Love this album so much! I remember making my Grandma listen to it because she always thought Madonna was an awful singer, and I was so proud of M's vocals in this album.