Happy 26th Express Yourself!

Guest Pud Whacker

Great song with empowering message. The video is such a classic that only Madonna could make. Also features the most iconic green dress ever to be seen on anyone. No star of today can do vintage Hollywood glamour like Madonna and she is still doing it effortlessly today.

madonna-express-yourself-o.gif

I wonder if Tamara de Lempickas green dress girl is a direct inspiration :blush:

Happy B'day Express Yourself!!!

26 years ago today my dad died. If Madonna hadn't been there, I wouldn't have healed.

This whole album saved me.

Great therapy indeed. My father died 3 years ago, in March... MDNA saved me... I lost my brother, as well, last March... Rebel Heart saved me!

my favourite song and my favourite video of all time!!!!!!

love reading these posts...and big hug to webo and zephyr

the power of madonna!!!!

my favourite song and my favourite video of all time!!!!!!

love reading these posts...and big hug to webo and zephyr

the power of madonna!!!!

Thanks and hugs!

I wonder if Tamara de Lempickas green dress girl is a direct inspiration :blush:

Happy B'day Express Yourself!!!

Well the hat is missing. I love that painting. It is one of the paintings that hang in my living room.

Well the hat is missing. I love that painting. It is one of the paintings that hang in my living room.

I have it too! I think I read in Madonnas art thread that she owns some Lempicka so it's at least possible even without the hat..

P.S. it is hard to imagine how it was growing up in east Berlin, although I was there on a school trip two years after the wall came down.