Happy 26th Express Yourself!

Guest Pud Whacker

can you still do it anastaza?!!!!

lol I wish!!! At this point I'd probably pull something. :old:

But yes, I played that videotape over and over. Easily one of my favorite performances of hers!!

Bottom line, the song and video are just epic. I love the version on the Immaculate Collection cd!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

lol I wish!!! At this point I'd probably pull something. :old:

But yes, I played that videotape over and over. Easily one of my favorite performances of hers!!

Bottom line, the song and video are just epic. I love the version on the Immaculate Collection cd!!!

:rotfl:

well, i love it and in my head YOURE DOING IT!!! :thumbsup:

:rotfl:

well, i love it and in my head YOURE DOING IT!!! :thumbsup:

aww, right on!!!! :biggrin:

I'm eternally that pre-teen girl learning Madonna's dance routines in her living room. Forever young! :vogue:

26 years ago today my dad died. If Madonna hadn't been there, I wouldn't have healed.

This whole album saved me.

OMFG *26 yrs old!! :ohmy: I really had to do a double take but yes the math is right. :/ 26 yrs is like the new 12 yrs old or whatever. Still soo fresh, iconic yet *nothing like it before. Adore the song and esp adore the 'zipper' lol (radio/single version). Absolute pop/dance perfection. This song/video and EVERY single fcking thing she did at that time changed the game that ALL the lower deck wannabes try to duplicate...very poorly lmao!

Guest Pud Whacker

26 years ago today my dad died. If Madonna hadn't been there, I wouldn't have healed.

This whole album saved me.

oh thats terrible. but i love that you were saved. xo

Great song with empowering message. The video is such a classic that only Madonna could make. Also features the most iconic green dress ever to be seen on anyone. No star of today can do vintage Hollywood glamour like Madonna and she is still doing it effortlessly today.

madonna-express-yourself-o.gif

one of her magnificent #2s that is mistaken for a #1 for its sheer massive cultural influence...

oh gawd, can't believe i was just 15 years old back then... i remember her LAP songs debuting in the Top 40 of the HOT100 back then... f@ck, i loved this era...

I remember watching the german video premiere on a saturday afternoon sitting next to my dad, I believe we both enjoyed the video for different reasons.

For me it was so hard to believe that this was the same woman from the LAP video. Back in the day Berlin radio stations even played the remixes in full, which was important for the fans she had on the east side of the Berlin wall like me who could not buy the records.

1989 was an amazing year for pop music.