Rebel H (Avicii Version) 4th Single? Update: Fans petitioning Avicii RH rmx album!

Sadly I still find the album version totally skippable even after all these month - plus I never listened to the leaks. Rebel Heart (the demo) sounds like a smash hit single, just can't get over why the hook was removed?!?? All the other demos sound like demos (apart from the original bonus tracks Iconic pt2 and Joan of Arc - both AMAZING!!)

Raw and edgy? It's an MOR rock ditty. It's a great song but let's not get carried away.

I find it raw, meaning not overproduced and covered up. I find it edgy because it is more intelligent than the usual pop ballad. It speaks of developing and maintaining a social conscience and is not an exercise in mere personal reflection. It is not a song about falling in or out of love. It is not a song about being saved. It is not flat. Rebel Heart is not a Celine Dion or Mariah Carey"esque" ballad. Madonna is critical of her own vanity....her fame....her noteriety. She is critical of both her career and her personal life. The "absolutely no regrets" woman is truly reflective but does not wallow in regret. Calls herself a massichist....a narcissist... never satisfied.... Madonna no longer sings "Rescue Me" but opts to be her own hero. To me, it is edgy because it is a call to a higher social and spiritual plane. Perhaps I am using the wrong terms. I just find it quite unique to the mere ten songs that radio continually plays over and over.

Guest Hunterlas

I agree that most of the other demos DO sound like demos.

and thats cause....

-wait for it-

...they ARE demos!!

It's a matter of taste sure but it's not even a contest to me. I remember riding with a friend in his car in 2009 and he played Celebration (had just literally come out) and another friend was in the car who doesn't listen to Madonna and he said "all she does is dance, this sounds like everything else she's ever done before." Whereas all the times that I have played BIM or even UB at work, or for friends, they are all surprised it's Madonna. I rest my case :lol:

I remember when "One More Chance" was released, some older friends of mine were surprised it was Madonna. It was the BIM of that era :thumbsup:

Exactly.

She's a pop singer, wtf do you expect?

That she's not a generic pop singer?

Are you guys really just so removed from the current pop scene so you fail to see how dated and generic some of the demos sound (WAOM, Borrowed Time)?

WOAM and Borrowed Time ARE much improved upon. The demo most people prefer is Rebel Heart.

Dated and generic = Living For Love

well that's exactly my point!? Asides from Rebel Heart and Beautiful Scars, I'm not getting your point of asking "why so many people prefer the demos?"

My point is that most of the other demos sound incomplete or unfinished.

The Avicii "demos", on the other hand, sound like finished products to me, judging by his prior work. So I feel like she simply decided to change direction here.

I posted that WOAM and Borrowed Time were improved, but I still liked the "demos".

I don't care if something sounds a year old or whatever as long as it is good. Eventually everything will sound dated anyway.

Everyone is saying BIM is so fresh when it sounds just like Harlem Shake which is also at least a year old.

My point is that most of the other demos sound incomplete or unfinished.

The Avicii "demos", on the other hand, sound like finished products to me, judging by his prior work. So I feel like she simply decided to change direction here.

I posted that WOAM and Borrowed Time were improved, but I still liked the "demos".

I don't care if something sounds a year old or whatever as long as it is good. Eventually everything will sound dated anyway.

Everyone is saying BIM is so fresh when it sounds just like Harlem Shake which is also at least a year old.

Don't worry about the "Gritty & Edgy" moaners. :mohawk:

After all, what do the "disco :queenbitch: queens" know about music?

Remember that Madonna can't sound like anything previously recorded and currently on the radio. :noway:

She's an artist! And she has just released an indie album. She's ARTPOP herserf! :dramatic:

If you listen to Celebration and especially TIC, you will notice how some disco queens don't really get Madonna.

:madgemanson:

"My Sugar Is Gritty & Edgy!"

Exactly.

She's a pop singer, wtf do you expect?

Yes Madonna is the Queen of Pop and her pop songs are superior and more loved than any other artist you can name. The fact that pop classics such as Holiday, Into the Groove for example are still loved and known by so many today speaks volumes. There is often a lot of put-downs of Madonna as a pop singer by some fans and I can never understand why. I also love her experimental songs and different styles and types of songs. She is brilliant all-round in every way as an artist but as a pop singer, her music is unparalleled.

We all are different and yes, some do prefer the album version of Rebel Heart but to many people, the Rebel Heart demo is pure Madonna pop perfection. It does not mean that the album version is bad, just that the demo was more of a pop anthem and therefore loved by a lot of fans. It is great to be able to appreciate both versions.

This only shows how limited your music knowledge is. BIM is under the category of PC Music which is a brewing trend. It is actually the most forward sounding track on Rebel Heart.

This only shows how limited your music knowledge is. BIM is under the category of PC Music which is a brewing trend. It is actually the most forward sounding track on Rebel Heart.

No, I hadn't heard of PC music before. (I did some research, though)

If Sophie's name wasn't attached to BIM, I wouldn't believe that it was considered PC. It sounds more like a trap song to me. And that's what I see a lot of people calling BIM.