Rebel H (Avicii Version) 4th Single? Update: Fans petitioning Avicii RH rmx album!

Guest bluejean

Oh and I really want Madonna's originals of Sidewalk Talk, Get Over...Hmmm. The list is endless. Better make it an 8 disc!!!

Guest Medoner

Its no lie and im not saying everyone thinks this but most do: some of the demos are superb compared to the album

I`d be happy if she did a "Something To Remember" type compilation for her next album, and some of the amazing demos from this era can go on that (especially songs like the Joan of Arc demo) and they could be nicely mixed for the album.

"Rebel Heart" could go on it too, but honestly, the Aviccii version needs to be updated in sound.... It really does sound way too much like "The Days" as someone posted earlier in this thread. But it could be a version using a lot of the same elements (the voices in the background for example).

"Borrowed Time" demo would be cool to incude as well, and many more of course. And again, a finalization in mixing for the album, but don't let Kanye near it, lol. At least in terms of whatever happens with her voice like on WAOM, which I still love, but still... I can hear her voice better on some of the demos!

I wonder if some of the love for Rebel Heart is due to it (and WAOM) being the first new music we'd heard from her since MDNA? Generally the first track we'd hear would be the first single and we'd have months of listening to it before the actual album would come out. This time around the RH demo came first and everyone listened to that instead.

Petitions and stuff like this seem like a bit of overkill though. May as well go and start one for her to release Love Spent.

I`d be happy if she did a "Something To Remember" type compilation for her next album, and some of the amazing demos from this era can go on that (especially songs like the Joan of Arc demo) and they could be nicely mixed for the album.

Yes! Great idea! Here's my tracklist:

1. Frozen
  2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  3. The Power of Good-Bye
  4. I Deserve It
  5. Nobody's Perfect
  6. What If Feels Like For A Girl
  7. Gone
  8. X-Static Process
  9. Nothing Fails
  10. Intervention
  11. Easy Ride
  12. Miles Away
  13. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
  14. Masterpiece
  15. Love Spent (Acoustic)
  16. Falling Free
  17. Joan of Arc (Demo)
  18. Rebel Heart (Acoustic)
  19. Wash All Over Me (Piano)

I'm sure this wouldn't all fit, but whatever. :)

I wonder if some of the love for Rebel Heart is due to it (and WAOM) being the first new music we'd heard from her since MDNA? Generally the first track we'd hear would be the first single and we'd have months of listening to it before the actual album would come out. This time around the RH demo came first and everyone listened to that instead.

Petitions and stuff like this seem like a bit of overkill though. May as well go and start one for her to release Love Spent.

I think there could be some truth to that. They were the first tracks heard from this era. Everyone became accustomed to it and then those version didn't end up on the album. So some are feeling detached from what we got and sticking to what was first heard.

Imagine a Love Spent video directed by Jonas! Would have been amazing. :(

i cant complete my iTunes collection because they dont have GHV2

Can't you just rip your CD to iTunes? It'll be the same quality etc.

Can't you just rip your CD to iTunes? It'll be the same quality etc.

I have a CD. But I my computer has no disc drive :lmao: And I want to purchase on iTunes so I can redownload anywhere. :lmao:

Interesting point but I don't really think so with the song Rebel Heart. There is a genuine love for the original leaked version with the Rebel Heart vocoder and over-all pop and euphoric feel. There are so many fans who adore that version so it kind of speaks volumes in a way. While I still love the album version ( the chorus is such a killer that it still is one of my favourite songs ) I do admit to loving the demo much more as it was like a complete "event" song if that makes sense. The album version is a lot more subdued and does not pack the same punch.

Not trying to be critical or enter into the demo debate. just personal opinion and I respect everyone's views on their preferences. Wash over me is different because the whole mood of the song was changed completely. I like the demo more but also like the final version as they seem like completely different songs with a different message and mood. In saying that, I am not complaining about the album. Love this album possibly more than any album Madonna has ever released and that is really saying something indeed.

Interesting point but I don't really think so with the song Rebel Heart. There is a genuine love for the original leaked version with the Rebel Heart vocoder and over-all pop and euphoric feel. There are so many fans who adore that version so it kind of speaks volumes in a way. While I still love the album version ( the chorus is such a killer that it still is one of my favourite songs ) I do admit to loving the demo much more as it was like a complete "event" song if that makes sense. The album version is a lot more subdued and does not pack the same punch.

Not trying to be critical or enter into the demo debate. just personal opinion and I respect everyone's views on their preferences. Wash over me is different because the whole mood of the song was changed completely. I like the demo more but also like the final version as they seem like completely different songs with a different message and mood. In saying that, I am not complaining about the album. Love this album possibly more than any album Madonna has ever released and that is really saying something indeed.

Amen!

The Rebel Heart song on the album reminds me of Madonna. Her, her feelings starting out and how she feels now. Who wants too much music drowning all that out?

I agree, I prefer the album version with the more traditional song structure and a stronger message. In the demo the climax of the song doesn't feature Madonna's vocals. I like it as a remix of the proper version.

Are you mental? BIM only good enough for a tour interlude? That's just retarded sorry.

That song is going to bring down the house on tour, mark my words.

I would love to see a single version of RH with a better mix similar to the Avicii version. There's just something special about it and the robotic voice saying "Rebel Heart."

Guest Pud Whacker

Of course the Avicii one is superior. That's why I think people are threatened by it. I've never seen people CARE so much about a version of a song. :lol:

A woman I know thought it was ABBA when we got into my car. I turned it down and didn't correct her.

The campfire version is great but it goes absolutely nowhere and doesn't highlight the fabulous vocal.

There are 22 other songs to get through before you even arrive at Rebel Heart. Casual fans aren't going there. So it doesn't matter which version each of us prefer.

So love the one you're with.

Are you mental? BIM only good enough for a tour interlude? That's just retarded sorry.

That song is going to bring down the house on tour, mark my words.

I would love to see a single version of RH with a better mix similar to the Avicii version. There's just something special about it and the robotic voice saying "Rebel Heart."

Do you really believe the BIM performance will be really any different than the MDNA Celebration?

Of course the Avicii one is superior. That's why I think people are threatened by it. I've never seen people CARE so much about a version of a song. :lol:

A woman I know thought it was ABBA when we got into my car. I turned it down and didn't correct her.

The campfire version is great but it goes absolutely nowhere and doesn't highlight the fabulous vocal.

There are 22 other songs to get through before you even arrive at Rebel Heart. Casual fans aren't going there. So it doesn't matter which version each of us prefer.

So love the one you're with.

That is true, I'd rather people like demos (as long as they purchased or at least officially stream the album and aren't just listening to illegal downloads only) than talk about how much the dislike the album, like with Hard Candy and MDNA.

Do you really believe the BIM performance will be really any different than the MDNA Celebration?

Yes, I do and actually I love the MDNA Celebration performance, the choregraphy was awesome in person.

Outside of that BIM is a better song and live that song is going to be way hotter. You have no idea what themes Madonna may present in the video. Kind of asinine to dislike it solely because you think it's going to be exactly like the MDNA Celebration performance.

Yes, I do and actually I love the MDNA Celebration performance, the choregraphy was awesome in person.

Outside of that BIM is a better song and live that song is going to be way hotter. You have no idea what themes Madonna may present in the video. Kind of asinine to dislike it solely because you think it's going to be exactly like the MDNA Celebration performance.

well, that's just a question of taste, I guess.

BIM is the only song I skip on RH.

And I adore CELEBRATION.

MDNA Celebration is one of my all time favorites. MDNA is my favorite tour as well.

I don't see how she can do anything with BIM that we haven't seen before.

I also like Celebration far better than BIM

Celebration is a fun song don't get me wrong and it's a wonderful cardio/gym work out tune. I also love the Tour performance but I think as a stand alone song BIM is leaps and bounds better.

Celebration sounds like a lot of songs she has done in the past whereas Bitch sounds nothing like she has ever done. The overall themes from BIM seem more iconic and tangible, and when you add in the bravado, the choreography, the looks, and Nicki it definitely trumps the other.

It's a matter of taste sure but it's not even a contest to me. I remember riding with a friend in his car in 2009 and he played Celebration (had just literally come out) and another friend was in the car who doesn't listen to Madonna and he said "all she does is dance, this sounds like everything else she's ever done before." Whereas all the times that I have played BIM or even UB at work, or for friends, they are all surprised it's Madonna. I rest my case :lol:

I really was enamored with the Avicii demo of Rebel Heart but I have to admit that now I almost exclusively listen to the album version. I do think that the Avicii version is great but the album version is so much more intimate and meaningful (to me). I would be the first to line up and buy the Avicii version if I were provided the opportunity but the album version of Rebel Heart is pretty stellar in of itself. Truly, I think that Madonna should release Rebel Heart as a single but I think that the album version is more unique to all of the other "crap" on the radio that it would be even more well received than the Avicii version. The album version is raw and edgy. I love it and hope that she sings the album version live.

Celebration is a fun song don't get me wrong and it's a wonderful cardio/gym work out tune. I also love the Tour performance but I think as a stand alone song BIM is leaps and bounds better.

Celebration sounds like a lot of songs she has done in the past whereas Bitch sounds nothing like she has ever done. The overall themes from BIM seem more iconic and tangible, and when you add in the bravado, the choreography, the looks, and Nicki it definitely trumps the other.

It's a matter of taste sure but it's not even a contest to me. I remember riding with a friend in his car in 2009 and he played Celebration (had just literally come out) and another friend was in the car who doesn't listen to Madonna and he said "all she does is dance, this sounds like everything else she's ever done before." Whereas all the times that I have played BIM or even UB at work, or for friends, they are all surprised it's Madonna. I rest my case :lol:

I couldn't agree more. Celebration was a holler out to her past albeit a fabulous past. BIM seems actually innovative in the vein of the Ray of Light Album or the American Life album. I have been a fan since 1986 and have always been drawn to the reinvention rather than the remaking of Madonna classics. Admittedly, I was uneasy with BIM as a potential single until I saw the Fallon performance. Madonna proved to be the chameleon once again, shed her skin and made me fall in love with her for the ten millionth time. At this stage....M needs to release whatever the hell she wants and fuck the naysayers. Long live the Queen and RESPECT cause Bitch....she's Madonna.

I really was enamored with the Avicii demo of Rebel Heart but I have to admit that now I almost exclusively listen to the album version. I do think that the Avicii version is great but the album version is so much more intimate and meaningful (to me). I would be the first to line up and buy the Avicii version if I were provided the opportunity but the album version of Rebel Heart is pretty stellar in of itself. Truly, I think that Madonna should release Rebel Heart as a single but I think that the album version is more unique to all of the other "crap" on the radio that it would be even more well received than the Avicii version. The album version is raw and edgy. I love it and hope that she sings the album version live.

Raw and edgy? It's an MOR rock ditty. It's a great song but let's not get carried away.