Appreciate one of Madonna's greatest singles: Causing a Commotion

Guest Pud Whacker

Really fun song. Can't hear it without thinking of Cartoon Madonna

Yet another hit that should have found it's way onto Celebration.

I love this animation so much! Madonna Boop :inlove:

Causing a Commotion is an absolute joy of a song, I adore it. So fun to dance to. I always think of Madonna bouncing around on the stage in WTGT & BAT when I hear it.

Amazing song! That bassline gets me groovin! Those harmonies & backing vocals!!

Amaaazing! Makes me happy, & is one of my most played Madonna songs!

Guest ditaluver

I'm listening to my 7" as we speak!! :wow:

Madonna-Causing-A-Commoti-458938.jpg

Love the cover! I should pull out my cassette tape!-

Didn't she recently say that she doesn't perform this song cause she always forgets the words to it?

Guest Pud Whacker

Didn't she recently say that she doesn't perform this song cause she always forgets the words to it?

at 300.+ a ticket, its her job to LEARN the words... :rotfl:

---

I've got the moves baby...

tumblr_nnzx0eyIHt1qlycwjo1_500.gif

Guest bluejean

Fucking amazing track. Love it!

Pity there's no vid but the live version is great anyway.

Guest bluejean

at 300.+ a ticket, its her job to LEARN the words... :rotfl:

---

I've got the moves baby...

tumblr_nnzx0eyIHt1qlycwjo1_500.gif

Great fit for the Rebel theme of the tour! I would literally drop dead.

In celebration of this thread I watched WTG for the first time in ages. And I thougt it's a hilarious movie, parts of it are pure comedy gold. And she is actually pretty good as Nikki Finn. Charming and funny. And no blinking (when did that start?). It's not as bad as many claim. It's an 80s comedy and I have a soft spot for them.

Anyway, as great as Causing a commotion is, it's all about The Look of Love. And if she should perform that song ever again I might suffer from a nervous breakdown. :cries:

The song is amazing <3 such a shame there was no proper music video filmed for it. The amazing remixes are all lush to.

I still think causing a commotion could have fitted nicely on the MDNA tour, especially in the beginning section or around the beautiful killer and human nature section. (Yes, I know BK was only performed once).

It's such a good song, the WTG era was so much fun and Madonna seemed to be on the radio constantly, during the summer/autumn of 1987. The songs from the movie soundtrack are still some of my faves.

Doesn't get much better than this......can't go wrong with Bray. The melody, THAT BRIDGE, both live performances all = perfection. This song is so funky and her voice......oh that classic late 80's Madonna voice, I don't think it's ever been better than it was in the '86-'89 period. Bitch could belt it out!!

It's so weird how for about 5 yrs or so, this really was one of her signature songs but, as has been mentioned, the exclusion from IC and the fact that it hasn't been performed in 25 yrs AND it's not on any studio album have kinda turned it into a forgotten hit.

Guest Rocco Papa

If there's any one song of her's that needs to make a live comeback, it's this one. This needs to be on the Rebel Heart Tour setlist.