Appreciate one of Madonna's greatest singles: Causing a Commotion

Guest Pud Whacker

Yupp

The fucking truth.

I remember being about 4 yrs old, and loving this song. At family parties I'd always make my father play this song so I could dance to it on the patio.

It's such a jam, and one of her all time greatest classics.

If this was on the immaculate collection, I guarantee you she would have perfed this on at least one of her tours from last decade.

It's on her biggest top 40 hits in the U.S. Without a music video (Angel and Groove fall into this category as well)

And was number 2 for 3 straight weeks! It very well could have been a #1 if it weren't for that white woman in bondage buckled clothing exclaiming how "Bad" he was.

One of my all time favorites <3

On a sidenote, how fucking amazing was her input from 1987? Her material on the Who's That Girl album is such golden classic material; some of her all time best. I love. And this was before she put it all out on the LAP album. She was getting deep with these 4 songs. Bray and Leonard brought out the best and the beast from her.

Guest ditaluver

one of the best performances of the BAT!!!!!!

I still know all the moves baby....

love love LOVE THIS!

one of the best performances of the BAT!!!!!!

I still know all the moves baby....

love love LOVE THIS!

YES

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The BAT perf is LIFE

That bass line on the intro from the album version <3

I never know what to believe about this song. In one interview she says she wrote them from Nikki Finn's point of view and in another she says it's about her and Sean Penn, just like the Look of love.

Songs about Sean : True blue, Each time you break my heart, Causing a commotion, The look of love, Cherish, Till death do us part, Just a dream, Supernatural (about him never being around like being in a relationship with a ghost and the dig at Sean's famous obsession with his hair)

Guest Rachelle of London

Love love love! This song brings tears to my eyes! I can't even express how much! The WTG and BAT performances are my faves EVER

oh god, it's such a fun track!!!!! loves it, loves it, LOVES IT!!!!!!

She could totally pull this on tour again and it would fit so well with her now grand performances.

It's just so much FUN!!!

​Physical Attraction
Causing A Commotion
Into The Groove

.... play those in a row and dance your ass off!!!!

I adore this song. Always have. I bought the cassette single at Musicland.

I especially like the Silver Screen single mix with, what I call "the lucky star effect", at 0:07 and 0:15, etc...

One of the best ever ever ever.

That intro alone!!!

The middle 8!! I hope you find / What you're looking for.... :wow:

The vocals!!

The ITG reference!!

The Silverscreen Edit!!

It's EVERYTHING. She's EVERYTHING.

Guest Hunterlas

fucking L.E.G.E.N.D.A.R.Y.

I was like 8 or 9 went it came out, I begged my mom to buy me the album (yes, I was already a fan) and played that thing millions of times... millions!!!!!!

BEST. SONG. EVER.

200_s.gif

Truly one of the funkiest gems in her entire catalogue. The album mix, the remixes...even the instrumental alone.

It's such a shame that she hasn't acknowledged it in so long. It really was a decent hit, and always did well with the GP.

And it just came to LIFE when performed live (just one of those types of songs). WTG and BAT are both classic M performances...

...but it's that WTG Tour performance that just shows how fucking raw and energetic and full of LIFE this woman is. No one else can touch that. And for all those dumb ass motherfuckers who say she can't sing live...always show them CAC on the WTG Tour (let alone that whole show). They always shut up after that.

One of my all-time favorites. Got to be in the top ten even... The fact that it hasn't been acknowledged live or gotten its just due on any of the compilations is CRIMINAL.

BEST. SONG. EVER.

200_s.gif

Truly one of the funkiest gems in her entire catalogue. The album mix, the remixes...even the instrumental alone.

It's such a shame that she hasn't acknowledged it in so long. It really was a decent hit, and always did well with the GP.

And it just came to LIFE when performed live (just one of those types of songs). WTG and BAT are both classic M performances...

...but it's that WTG Tour performance that just shows how fucking raw and energetic and full of LIFE this woman is. No one else can touch that. And for all those dumb ass motherfuckers who say she can't sing live...always show them CAC on the WTG Tour (let alone that whole show). They always shut up after that.

One of my all-time favorites. Got to be in the top ten even... The fact that it hasn't been acknowledged live or gotten its just due on any of the compilations is CRIMINAL.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

One of my favourite songs as well. Love the fact it has the Into the Groove reference because just like Into the Groove, it is pure pop heaven. Great melody, great clear sweet vocals and always makes me happy.

Adore it and WTG and theyre still in my upper tier favs of hers. Both w.w. mega classic M hits yet sooo underrated/ underplayed and 4gotten by most of the GP and Hot AC / AC radio who refuse to let go of the same old same old tired LIB, ITG, MG and a few others zzz. Yes, those songs def. sound similar to the WTG and CAC (same producers so duh!) but they're positively unique, un-lazy, and fab! Beyond obvious she disowns these songs and couldn't be convinced regardless of how many multiple orgasms fans would have if she performed any of those songs...even acoustic! lol