Madonna's Grillz Appreciation

Shan

Sometimes very much like them because they seem punk rock, very unconventional, and funny. On the other hand, don't like how casual fans and media have an averse reaction and criticize her for wearing them. Obviously, she does not give a s**t!

Why does everything have to be "pretty"? Of course she's more gorgeous without them but it's not about that. It's part of her current persona. Sporting grills at 56 is so Madonna......tongue firmly in cheek as always.

Don't quite understand how the gold tooth was cool but the grills are a problem. I think some of us are getting a little old ourselves. ;)

^ I don't think it's about only wanting her to wear unchallenging pretty things all the time. It's more like the difference between an "edgy" outfit and just a really bad one. Mouth jewelry is great - the gold tooth worked, the gold grills not so much by fan consensus. Solely from a fashion POV. But I agree - Madonna gets a kick out of wearing them and she is being playful & adventurous with her look as always. There is clearly a bit of humour meant in it.

Guest Pud Whacker

I like the new ones, the Ghosttown/ Metball ones. They suit her.

Love ANY grillz if she sings. Love the S.E.X rap, hahaha.

me too! she sounds like the brilliant and fabulous Carol Channing!!!

tumblr_inline_mqxlb7tRqQ1qz4rgp.gif

I like the new ones, the Ghosttown/ Metball ones. They suit her.

Love ANY grillz if she sings. Love the S.E.X rap, hahaha.

YES! I want her to open her show with Sex wearing the grillz......she can take them out after that though....lol. I'm not so sure I'd want to see (and hear) them the WHOLE show....lol.

^ I don't think it's about only wanting her to wear unchallenging pretty things all the time. It's more like the difference between an "edgy" outfit and just a really bad one. Mouth jewelry is great - the gold tooth worked, the gold grills not so much by fan consensus. Solely from a fashion POV. But I agree - Madonna gets a kick out of wearing them and she is being playful & adventurous with her look as always. There is clearly a bit of humour meant in it.

Honestly, I always thought the gold tooth looked kind of ugly. In some pics it looks like there is a tooth missing.......but it fit her persona at the time so it's all good. Kind of like the nose ring of BS era, somehow it fits. I just find the grillz funny because it's a 56 yr old, rich white woman wearing them.....it's so wrong it's right.

Guest Pud Whacker

It seems safe around here to dislike things from the past but not present. Fascinating.

I'm the opposite, I end up loving everything! :lol:

I like them!

What I find funny is how over the top in their hatred some people are regarding the grillz. I mean, you don't like them, fine; but acting as if they are some kind of affront to your life :laugh:

Madonna is such a thing of natural beauty and creativity that she should be allowed to play and experiment. You haters are of course entitled to your opinion but I can't help feeling like most of the time you are just entirely missing the point. She's Queendonna. If she wants to wear diamonds and gold on her teeth then so be it!

I love them, it's so Madonna...and she has to wear them on tour, we need live Lesson in Sexology, that's like the best rap ever..

Yassss! I want her to pause before the rap to put the grillz on and glare at the crowd! And give a twisted demonic laugh to the crowd at the end!

tumblr_m2ilpfK7451r0jd3uo4_250.gif