FALLEN FREE: A re-re-appreciation following Madonna's ICONIC revelation

Apples388

Yes we all knew she wanted it on the MDNA Tour at some point but I never knew she also wanted it as a single. My Queen. Such an amazing iconic woman and sometimes I wish she was a proper indie artist without the shackles of a label and could just release what she wanted and how she wanted it.

"Fallen Free" joins the ranks of "Impressive Instant" as one of the Great Lost Madonna Singles That Never Were.

Sign up here with me please and let's shed a single tear (dramatically, with a sideways head tilt and a vague look into the distance) over the chilly pianos and her gorgeous vocal.

It's such a gem. It's so beautiful, the flute or whatever, the strings, the "solar" guitar solo by M with only her voice, the very Joe Henry lyrics...and it's a great and mature conclusion to the break up songs theme : (rage) Gang bang, (accusation) Love Spent, (mea culpa) I fucked up, (feeling of loss) Best friend and (peace) Falling free.

It's the standout track on MDNA for me. I love the sound of her voice, even if it's because she had a cold when recording it.

I love listening to Madonna when it sounds like she has a cold. Whether singing or talking I love it.

i don't think it would have done well as a single although i do really llove the song. it doesn't seem very "radio friendly".

i don't think it would have done well as a single although i do really love the song. it doesn't seem very "radio friendly".

Radio has an ageist bias. For an artist doing pop music they prefer them inexperienced and disposable.

i don't think it would have done well as a single although i do really llove the song. it doesn't seem very "radio friendly".

That's basically the reason she didn't release it.....because it's "unconventional".

This song is one of the most gorgeous of her career. Her best album closer this side of 2000.

It's a very, very very beautiful song. Although I always feel that it has the ROL vibe and seems dated anyhow. Maybe if ROL didn't exist i would be on my knees praising that song.

No, Secret Garden was the first intimate moment for an album close. Secret Garden, then Mer Girl. From then on, her closing of the albums are incredibly beautiful. RH's closing track is Messiah in the standard and Rebel Heart in the Deluxe.

No, Secret Garden was the first intimate moment for an album close. Secret Garden, then Mer Girl. From then on, her closing of the albums are incredibly beautiful. RH's closing track is Messiah in the standard and Rebel Heart in the Deluxe.

Easy Ride... :drama:

Many of us thought it should have been a single with her.

I don't know what or who it is...but there r people around her

who give her the wrong idea...at this point in her career it's not

about accessibility...

& sorry but she does not have record company shackles...

she's Madonna.

It should have been the first single IMO. Followed by I'm Addicted.

It should have been the first single IMO. Followed by I'm Addicted.

Agree that both Falling Free and I'm Addicted should have been singles. Falling Free is a beautiful ballad. One of my favourite tracks on MDNA.

When she was asked the question, I was wondering if she was going to mention anything from MDNA ..there a few potential great singles on that album...I love FF not sure how well it would have done as single though, wonder what kinda video it would have had.

Guest Hunterlas

Yes, the bitch knows how to close an album... Falling Free is a great example of that. Hate that we live in these times were recording companies makes their artists release "standar, deluxe, super deluxe, mega super deluxe etc" versions of their albums... its fucking bullshit. I miss the days of albums like Ray Of Light, Music, America Life, Confessions and yes, Hard Candy because they all had these clear and stunning grand finale moments.

It's a very, very very beautiful song. Although I always feel that it has the ROL vibe and seems dated anyhow. Maybe if ROL didn't exist i would be on my knees praising that song.

Same producer same artist same result. However it's still quality on an album that had very little of it.

Oh, my mistake. In the Standard is Wash All Over Me, not Messiah. Wash All Over Me is another impressive track to close an album.

Its easy to get confused with the tracklisting on RH, all the different version, I mean even Madonna's official website still shows Queen is on the Super Deluxe version...

Its easy to get confused with the tracklisting on RH, all the different version, I mean even Madonna's official website still shows Queen is on the Super Deluxe version...

because we know they really care about these small details lately...

and I agree with Hunterlas, I canĀ“t hear ROL in falling free

OMG :lmao::lmao::lmao: