Listen to Me: This Woman NEVER STOPS!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna sings all three songs on LIVE AID and NEVER STOPS MOVING!!!!

she is singing while she is hopping UP AND DOWN and ACROSS THE STAGE and throwing tambourines and catching them...

SHES AMAZING!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Some of you are too young to remember, but she was the only one at Live Aid to have a dance routine. This was back in rock 'n roll. The producers of the show didn't even want her on, Dick Clark had to fight for her to get on the show.

It's hard to imagine because now everybody even rock bands will have dancers behind them but not in those days. So you really have to look at this performance as ABSOLUTELY groundbreaking. A game changer.

And, she even came out and performed with The Thompson Twins as well.

Madonna & The Thompson Twins performing 'Revolution'...

Even in the back she still has more magnetism and presence than anyone on that stage. Talk about WORKING a tambourine.

Even in the back she still has more magnetism and presence than anyone on that stage. Talk about WORKING a tambourine.

Totally. The camera was all over her and it was another band's set.

Love her sooooo much.

Guest bluejean

Some of you are too young to remember, but she was the only one at Live Aid to have a dance routine. This was back in rock 'n roll. The producers of the show didn't even want her on, Dick Clark had to fight for her to get on the show.

It's hard to imagine because now everybody even rock bands will have dancers behind them but not in those days. So you really have to look at this performance as ABSOLUTELY groundbreaking. A game changer.

I love hearing these stories.

I didn´t know about this!!!!! 30 years ago and I didn´t know this! :laugh: her mic doesn´t sound all the time, but she´s full of energy!

Guest Pud Whacker

:clap:

^ shes magnifique!!!

----

ARE YOU READY TO GET INTO THE GROOVE?!!!!

GOD she is beautiful in that screen cap!

As a new-ish Madonna fan, this performance was such a mystery to me. All I saw of this up until 1995 were pics and clips of her saying "I ain't taking shit off today..." , but never the actual performances! In '95, on the 10th anniversary of Live Aid, VH1 played a good portion of it so I finally got to see ITG and Holiday. I was mesmerized. I had it recorded on VHS and I played it so much the tape wore out, the VCR ended up eating it. I never actually saw ALL of her moments on stage that day until YouTube came around.

I feel like I've said this a million times, but if I could go back and live through an era I was too young to remember at that time, it would be 1985. She was new, hot, completely fresh, unlike anything the industry (or the world for that matter) had seen. There is a very good argument for 1985 being her commercial peak in a lot of ways.