Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

4 things are 100% sure, no matter what some people here say:

WAOM demo is way better than album version.

RH demo is way better than album version.

INSIDE OUT demo is way better than album version.

BEAUTIFUL SCARS demo is way better than album version.

Amen 4x

Guest Hunterlas

I was asking people who listened to the demos AFTER the album came out. Didn't mean for this to be a shit fight over which version of the songs were better because isn't that all personal opinion.

And I always find it dubious when people make claims like "if she released *this* song it would've been a massive smash." Weren't people running around saying that about LFL? And didn't people say the exact opposite for HU? (It's too "gay" it's too disco the abba sample is too prominent etc)

Anyway we were very lucky to have so much material this time around. Unfortunately not with her blessing. Ultimately though I'm more than happy with the album we got!

I couldnt agree more. This never ending fight is not only annoying but pointless and embarrasing. I respect we all want to voice our opinion but how can it be so hard to understand that some people like some versions and some like other versions of the songs?

There is only one FACT (word that many here looove to use) and thats we have an album and it IS what Madonna decided to release, thats why she indeed released it. Be thankful she did. Be thankful we have the demos too.

Next.

Why arent we talking about how amazing Back That Up, Never Let You Go, Heaven, Freedom and Tragic Girl (to name some) are?!?!

gosh wtf is happening here. I prefer the RH demo and the final version of WAOM but it's pretty clear that she was going to ditch the Avicii sound regardless of the leak. Bitch had Kanye rework WAOM before the leakage and that's a FACT. And neither of those demos fits the sound of the record at all so all this "punishment" talk is pretty stupid.

"Abusive to moderators. "

"Antagonising moderators. Arrogant attitude."

:lmao: You poor mods!

Thanks for the three warning points cunt! I'll continue to voice my opinions xo.

Suspended for a week for trolling and attacking the mods. Keep it up and it will be permanent.

What a stupid thread. So now we have to like the demos instead of the album versions just because some people say that? If not we are deaf? And of course madonna choose worse songs on her album just to punish fans????

Do you really think that Madonna would be such stupid??? Really I can't sometimes

No one is saying that. Honestly some people.

Some of us said we preferred the Avicii RH demo, some didn't. Live and let live. Instead that Shan person had to get all butthurt about it. I don't care who likes what, but allow me my opinion. That's all.

I'm not defending that Shan, because no way can we argue that way about a silly thing like this.

Madonna prefered the album versions. Just face it already and move on. Even with the other versions or RH as first single she wouldn't be played in UK or USA.

Guest Hunterlas

I listened to the power of goodbye post Rebel Heart release. Does that count?

Depends... Did you listen to the demo or the album version? LMAO

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes, so many amazing gems to listen to including Take A Day, Take It Back and Two Steps Behind <3 It would be so cool if Madge and her team decided to release a digital 4-5 EP of some of these unreleased tracks.

That would be awesome!

It's amusing to me that I'm considered less of a Madonna fan (by certain members here) because I like the album version of RH better than the demo. Oh, thank you for shedding your immaculate light on my Madonna fandom. I didn't realize that I was a substandard fan. Never mind that I've loved her for 30+ years. And, spent a shit load of money on her. But that goddamn RH demo blew my cover.

Now, do I not really like Madonna for preferring the album version of True Blue to the Color Mix? Please let me know 'cause I want to be sure.

It's amusing to me that I'm considered less of a Madonna fan (by certain members here) because I like the album version of RH better than the demo. Oh, thank you for shedding your immaculate light on my Madonna fandom. I didn't realize that I was a substandard fan. Never mind that I've loved her for 30+ years. And, spent a shit load of money on her. But that goddamn RH demo blew my cover.

Now, do I not really like Madonna for preferring the album version of True Blue to the Color Mix? Please let me know 'cause I want to be sure.

34nh3so.jpg

Really?

whitney-houston-show-me-the-receipts-gif

I don't really have "receipts" to show you. It's just the general vibe I get. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I'll work on that for you.

Guest Pud Whacker

who thinks WeboGirl is a lesser fan?!!!

EVERY version of REBEL HEART is FABULOUS!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

I love this version. I like that the bass is toned down. I'm so old.

LOL.

What's that, sonny?

ear-horn.jpg

i cant hear you , youre talking too loud...

:old:

i love it, too.

I don't really have "receipts" to show you. It's just the general vibe I get. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I'll work on that for you.

giphy.gif

One of the greatest things about not hearing the demos beforehand is that I can now listen and enjoy all of the versions - feels like hearing all kinds of mixes of great songs. Plus discovering songs such as Tragic Girl. What a beautiful sad song with such an amazing melody. Alone with you is another I have only just heard and Heaven. Love them.

I have resisted listening to any demos till now. Heard Beautiful Scars demo today and I love it!

Rebel Heart is perfect as is, and I'm glad to have waited because now I have an even further appreciation of and adoration for the material and M's collaborative process in putting it all together. Can't wait to dive into the other demos.

Guest Pud Whacker

One of the greatest things about not hearing the demos beforehand is that I can now listen and enjoy all of the versions - feels like hearing all kinds of mixes of great songs. Plus discovering songs such as Tragic Girl. What a beautiful sad song with such an amazing melody. Alone with you is another I have only just heard and Heaven. Love them.

That's exactly how it was listening to them as they came out. :thumbsup:

I enjoy all the versions and have preferences.