Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

fun to drive to

Exactly what I said: it's become a piece of MOR music. All of the elements that made it "classic Madonna" have been sucked out of it: the soul, the drama, the POP essence. All gone. :thumbsdown:

Rebel hea--aaaaaart

* the bells *

* the acoustic guitars intro *

* the gorgeous Madonna vocal *

* the strings *

* the beats *

* the dramatic WHOOSH as the chorus kicks in *

"Rebel Heart" demo version (Avicii) has all the components of a Madonna classic.

The album version (ironically) sounds like a middle-of-the-road demo version.

Shame. Such a shame.

Nevermind, you can head nod and clap handies to the jangly guitars and the "did the maid leave the iron on this morning?" vocal delivery of the album version. No wonder Madge has more or less disowned this poor, punished song.

Guest Pud Whacker

The post-chorus instrumental breakdown reminds me of "Can't Stop"! POP POP POP!

Yes!!! Using those SteveBray/Madonna '87 sounds!!! And making them so modern!

:inlove:

Nevermind, you can head nod and clap handies to the jangly guitars and the "did the maid leave the iron on this morning?" vocal delivery of the album version. No wonder Madge has more or less disowned this poor, punished song.

Honestly that deadpan vocal on the album version is so sad to hear. I know it picks up a bit about 5 or 6 choruses in ( :bad: ) and finally some of the fire, the drama of the demo kicks in but it's all too little too late.

Let's not forget that it was those two original demos of RH and WASH that brought EVERYONE together. And I mean everyone - not just some silly internet gays with a superiority complex (hear that, Shan?) but also the casual fans right back on board. For better or worse. Everyone knew right there and then that Madonna the pop icon was back.

Exactly what I said: it's become a piece of MOR music. All of the elements that made it "classic Madonna" have been sucked out of it: the soul, the drama, the POP essence. All gone. :thumbsdown:

Why is that a bad thing? I enjoy driving to all of M's music lol. But RH, even the demo somewhat, makes me think of driving down the road at sunset. That's just how it is for me. TUTR makes me think of driving alone on a spring day. Not a bad thing at all.

I think Madonna made the right decision in making it a timeless folk pop song that can span generations, rather than a dance pop song that sounds a bit more early 2010's. She's so much more than just a pop artist, despite her having a master degree in pop music perfection.

The demo is fabulous, but so is the final, and it's just as Madonna as the demo.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes! :clap:

I'm in such an '87 mood at the moment. Can you all tell? :rotfl::wow:

:thumbsup:

The Golden Age of Pop Music!!!

Honestly that deadpan vocal on the album version is so sad to hear. I know it picks up a bit about 5 or 6 choruses in ( :bad: ) and finally some of the fire, the drama of the demo kicks in but it's all too little too late.

I can see Madge singing this version on SESAME STREET or something (do celebs still do that ish?)

Let's not forget that it was those two original demos of RH and WASH that brought EVERYONE together. And I mean everyone - not just some silly internet gays with a superiority complex (hear that, Shan?) but also the casual fans right back on board. For better or worse. Everyone knew right there and then that Madonna the pop icon was back.

Then look what happened...

The demoists must be so ...proud :bad:

Alright bitch. Look, you're the one with the superiority complex because you're the one that's been shoving down peoples' throats that certain demos are better than the album versions, as if they're facts. No, they're just your shitty opinions. It's not my fault that you're insecure in your "demos are better" opinions.

Who gives a fuck about the "casual" fans. Those are the fans that sat down at MDNA except for Vogue and LAP. (There were bald queens sitting behind me and they refused to get up for anything other than songs that were HITS, were you one of them?).

100% true.

RH would have been such a fucking great 1st single - universally praised.

Album version is far from that.

Alright bitch. Look, you're the one with the superiority complex because you're the one that's been shoving down peoples' throats that certain demos are better than the album versions, as if they're facts. No, they're just your shitty opinions. It's not my fault that you're insecure in your "demos are better" opinions.

Who gives a fuck about the "casual" fans. Those are the fans that sat down at MDNA except for Vogue and LAP. (There were bald queens sitting behind me and they refused to get up for anything other than songs that were HITS, were you one of them?).

:rotfl:

:lmao:

Well...

Were you?

You're starting to annoy me now. Watch that attitude of yours and be a bit respectful to the Madonna fan community on this forum, and that includes people like me - a moderator on this site who has been here for years. If you don't want to play by our rules, we can and will get rid of you. So watch it.

You're starting to annoy me now. Watch that attitude of yours and be a bit respectful to the Madonna fan community on this forum, and that includes people like me - a moderator on this site who has been here for years. If you don't want to play by our rules, we can and will get rid of you. So watch it.

Oh now you're pulling the "I'm a moderator" card. I'm shaking in my boots. How about you be more respectful to Madonna and her work because you've been shitting on it for a while now.

I play by my own rules. Fuck off you fucking coward XO

I like rebel heart demo #6.5 where u hear Madonna take the train of the Viking songwriting harem at around 2:16...that gargle noise

Oh now you're pulling the "I'm a moderator" card. I'm shaking in my boots. How about you be more respectful to Madonna and her work because you've been shitting on it for a while now.

No, actually you don't. As long as you are a member of this forum you will respect the rules of this forum. Get over yourself; you're not Madonna.

And keep hurling those personal insults, they'll make banning you even more justifiable.

No, actually you don't. As long as you are a member of this forum you will respect the rules of this forum. Get over yourself; you're not Madonna.

"Abusive to moderators. "

"Antagonising moderators. Arrogant attitude."

:lmao: You poor mods!

Thanks for the three warning points cunt! I'll continue to voice my opinions xo.

my life is not a game i play to entertain you

and if you can do it better then you're welcome to my fame

i'm not gonna waste my time correcting myths and rumors

YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANNA BELIEVE

and i'll pray to keep my sense of humor

I am THE ONE

Who knows me better

LET REMIND YOU that I am the one

No matter, whatever

You know you better stop, stop and think about how you GET YOUR KICKS

God knows I didn't ask for it

You know you better stop, stop and think about before you mess with someone else

WHY DON'T YOU PAY ATTENTION TO YOURSELF...

I was asking people who listened to the demos AFTER the album came out. Didn't mean for this to be a shit fight over which version of the songs were better because isn't that all personal opinion.

And I always find it dubious when people make claims like "if she released *this* song it would've been a massive smash." Weren't people running around saying that about LFL? And didn't people say the exact opposite for HU? (It's too "gay" it's too disco the abba sample is too prominent etc)

Anyway we were very lucky to have so much material this time around. Unfortunately not with her blessing. Ultimately though I'm more than happy with the album we got and it's still top 3 for me!

I was asking people who listened to the demos AFTER the album came out. Didn't mean for this to be a shit fight over which version of the songs were better because isn't that all personal opinion.

And I always find it dubious when people make claims like "if she released *this* song it would've been a massive smash." Weren't people running around saying that about LFL? And didn't people say the exact opposite for HU? (It's too "gay" it's too disco the abba sample is too prominent etc)

Anyway we were very lucky to have so much material this time around. Unfortunately not with her blessing. Ultimately though I'm more than happy with the album we got and it's still top 3 for me!

You're right!

156rf9d.jpg

I adore the first demo of Best Night

'Champagne, cavier....' is just amazing.

I love the final version too with 'You can call M tonight'. She could start the show with that and go into a fast song and then sing it in full later on.