Have you listened to the demos post RH release?

I dislike the uptempo album version, it feels over-produced. I hope she does the acoustic version on the tour.

tumblr_inline_nno3n431sr1qcxzg6_500.gif

I'm I the only one that likes Alone with You? No one has mentioned it here. I think it has a really catchy melody and cool lyrics.

I hope she does the JOA album version on tour :chuckle:

Cue, M crying with the feels during the verse.

Chorus kicks in and M goes to a wonderful choreography.

Back to M crying with the feels during the second verse.

Switch to a more impressive choreography for the second chorus.

Go with the final feels during the bridge.

Wow the entire arena/stadium with the best choreography of her entire career (i.e., breathe fire, sing underwater, enlarge her muscles like the Hulk, summon lightning).

End of perf.

Nothing compares to the Acoustic version of Joan of Arc. I adore it. Its haunting and heartbreaking. I dislike the uptempo album version, it feels over-produced. I hope she does the acoustic version on the tour. It's a real shame that it was never officially released it would have been a great bonus track like Love Spent.

^MAHALO :)

Guest bluejean

I listened to the demos as soon as each one leaked. It was a glorious experience. Once the album came out I lapped it up like a hungry puppy. There were afew songs I preferred the demos of at first but I have listened to the final album non stop since its release and now prefer the album versions.

Excluding the ones that aren't on the album, some of them are fantastic.

I wanted to respect Madonnas vision for the album

This is not Madonnas real vision of the album. As we know she changed one or more tracks after reading destructive fan feedback about the leaked demos (probably WAOM & RH) at Facebook or Instagram. That's why I stay with the AVICII productions of these two - I don't like the album versions. The last production turned two potential hit singles into average album fillers.

I hope everyone hears the demos. It takes nothing away from the LP mixes and gives a broader picture of the work she was involved in over the past year.

The leaked version of "Beautiful Scars" is among my favorite Madonna recordings of all time.

This is not Madonnas real vision of the album. As we know she changed one or more tracks after reading destructive fan feedback about the leaked demos (probably WAOM & RH) at Facebook or Instagram. That's why I stay with the AVICII productions of these two - I don't like the album versions. The last production turned two potential hit singles into average album fillers.

Stop it. She said she liked the simplicity of some of the demos and these two don't even fit that description. They don't even fit the sound of the record and Kanye had already reworked WAOM before anything leaked. Avicii got really sick early last year so she had to change direction completely so yes you might as well think that the entire record is not her "real vision" and throw it away. We have had this discussion for too many times already. Keep listening to the demos that you like but stop trying to justify anything with your false assumptions.

Stop it. She said she liked the simplicity of some of the demos and these two don't even fit that description. They don't even fit the sound of the record and Kanye had already reworked WAOM before anything leaked. Avicii got really sick early last year so she had to change direction completely so yes you might as well think that the entire record is not her "real vision" and throw it away. We have had this discussion for too many times already. Keep listening to the demos that you like but stop trying to justify anything with your false assumptions.

Settle down, Beavis.

tumblr_lyh9txSGqc1qblbi6o1_500.gif

As if Madonna would let some fans dictate her vision for her music. Because if that happened the RH demo would be on the album. And we know how that turned out.

Guest Pud Whacker

I agree kilt and wad. When the second batch leaked, RH and WASH already sounded like Madonna classics.

Oh well, I'm glad we have them! :thumbsup:

There are some demos that I find way better than the final versions: Illuminati, Holy Water, beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Veni Vidi Vici. I put it this way: demos are great, final versions are not even worth my time.

Guest Hunterlas

You don't even make any sense here.

...speaking about things that are not worth your time!

I'm now listening for the first time songs that didn't make it. So far I have heard:

Autotune-baby: not bad. Not good. Something between.

Two Steps Behind: liked it! It's She's not me part II.

God Is Love: Amazing production!! The music is simply majestic in the end!! The lyrics were a bit too repetitive. But still, this could have been a deluxe track in the end.

It's a shame she felt the need to change some of the songs because they leaked.

Has she said that? I have read this several times. She has made so many interviews this time that i don't keep track, but i doubt that Madonna changes things because of that, she's not that easy to change her mind.

Queen: it really wasn't about what I thought. hmm.. I need to listen to this more. I don't think it's bad but I feel like I'm missing something.

Has she said that? I have read this several times. She has made so many interviews this time that i don't keep track, but i doubt that Madonna changes things because of that, she's not that easy to change her mind.

I believe it was on the red carpet when she had Diplo and Nas as dates... she said something along the lines that they had a chance to assess reactions to the songs that leaked, and changed some of the songs... I'm sure there are many reasons for changes though. I love the demos and final versions.