MadonnaNation.com Forums
justinian

The 10 Happiest Countries On Earth....currently

The 10 Happiest Countries On Earth
Amy CapettaApril 24, 2015
671d6b6eac60367c5cf03ea882f64ab4630d8416

The results are in from the World Happiness Report. (Photo: Getty Images)

Which country is happiest? Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised that it’s the one that eats the most chocolate.

The results of this year’s World Happiness Report are in — and Switzerland scored the top spot in the ranking. The report is based on data from 158 countries with regard to six factors: GDP per capita, absence of corruption, generosity, social support, freedom, and healthy life expectancy. The report was released by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network.

The 10 happiest countries were found mostly in Europe:

1. Switzerland
  2. Iceland
  3. Denmark
  4. Norway
  5. Canada
  6. Finland
  7. The Netherlands
  8. Sweden
  9. New Zealand
  10. Australia

And for a more global look at the happiest countries, check out this map from the report:

1636cd450202ebe382006d39c7e16b365cb94236

The darker and greener the color, the higher the country ranked in the happiness report. (World Happiness Report)

Similar to the previous reports, the happiness factor was judged on a scale from 0 to 10, where the average global number totaled 5.1. Switzerland, for instance, had a number of 7.587, while the U.S. — which came in at No. 15 in the ranking — had a 7.119. (The U.S. ranked 11th in 2012.)

Related: And The Happiest State In America Is…

Out of all the countries included in the ranking, Togo came in last. The bottom 10 countries in the ranking are:

1. Togo (Ranked last)
  2. Burundi
  3. Syria
  4. Benin
  5. Rwanda
  6. Afghanistan
  7. Burkina Faso
  8. Ivory Coast
  9. Guinea
  10. Chad

The authors of the report noted that a few common sources of true contentment among the happiest countries were the ability to trust those in your neighborhood, as well as those in a government position. Another marker: being surrounded by people who show empathy for others (which can be shown by random acts of kindness, such as volunteering in a local charity or returning a lost wallet).

“As the science of happiness advances, we are getting to the heart of what factors define quality of life for citizens,” John F. Helliwell, a professor from the University of British Columbia and the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and a co-editor for the report, said in a statement. “We are encouraged that more and more governments around the world are listening and responding with policies that put well-being first. Countries with strong social and institutional capital not only support greater well-being, but are more resilient to social and economic crises.”

Countries where rent is high and middle classes stronger are more happy

The 10 Happiest Countries On Earth

Amy Capetta

April 24, 2015

Didn't Rebel Heart go number 1 in Burkina Fosa and the Ivory Coast. Sounds like this list was made up by Billboard.

671d6b6eac60367c5cf03ea882f64ab4630d8416The results are in from the World Happiness Report. (Photo: Getty Images)

Which country is happiest? Maybe we shouldn’t be surprised that it’s the one that eats the most chocolate.

The results of this year’s World Happiness Report are in — and Switzerland scored the top spot in the ranking. The report is based on data from 158 countries with regard to six factors: GDP per capita, absence of corruption, generosity, social support, freedom, and healthy life expectancy. The report was released by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network.

The 10 happiest countries were found mostly in Europe:

• Switzerland
  • Iceland
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Canada
  • Finland
  • The Netherlands
  • Sweden
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
And for a more global look at the happiest countries, check out this map from the report:

1636cd450202ebe382006d39c7e16b365cb94236The darker and greener the color, the higher the country ranked in the happiness report. (World Happiness Report)

Similar to the previous reports, the happiness factor was judged on a scale from 0 to 10, where the average global number totaled 5.1. Switzerland, for instance, had a number of 7.587, while the U.S. — which came in at No. 15 in the ranking — had a 7.119. (The U.S. ranked 11th in 2012.)

Related: And The Happiest State In America Is…

Out of all the countries included in the ranking, Togo came in last. The bottom 10 countries in the ranking are:

• Togo (Ranked last)
  • Burundi
  • Syria
  • Benin
  • Rwanda
  • Afghanistan
  • Burkina Faso
  • Ivory Coast
  • Guinea
  • Chad
The authors of the report noted that a few common sources of true contentment among the happiest countries were the ability to trust those in your neighborhood, as well as those in a government position. Another marker: being surrounded by people who show empathy for others (which can be shown by random acts of kindness, such as volunteering in a local charity or returning a lost wallet).

“As the science of happiness advances, we are getting to the heart of what factors define quality of life for citizens,” John F. Helliwell, a professor from the University of British Columbia and the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and a co-editor for the report, said in a statement. “We are encouraged that more and more governments around the world are listening and responding with policies that put well-being first. Countries with strong social and institutional capital not only support greater well-being, but are more resilient to social and economic crises.”

I don't know about happiest, but i know about most peaceful and most beautiful... and the award goes to my city

These two videos are breathtaking... You should consider visiting

i just got back from Iceland and the people there are wonderful! I loved everything about the country!

Must be a mistake, as I don't see my country on the list. :crazy::rotfl:

i just got back from Iceland and the people there are wonderful! I loved everything about the country!

Its amazing isnt it?!!!! We were chased up the road after leaving a tip in a restaurant and they gave it us back because they were sorry the food in Iceland is expensive. (I didnt really think it was). Its adoreable, my ex cried when the plane took off to come home and he never cries!

it WAS amazing Barney! Everything is clean, and the people were super nice! The food was delicious and I loved the beers ! the penis museum was funny and fun!!! it had penises from 280 different species!

we went to the blue lagoon and the gullfoss waterfalls and geyser. the blue lagoon was way up on my bucket list, so to spend all day there and have lunch in my robe, that was AWESOME!

Awww. I didnt realize the Blue Lagoon would be so bloody hot in places!

Iceland sounds beautiful. Another place I now have on my list to go to after reading what Barney and Ditaluver have said.

you should go. maybe Ill share some pics !

Did you guys get the free layover on the way to Europe / N.A. for Iceland? I've heard there's an airline that does that? x

I flew from N.Y. Directly to Iceland. 5hrs 44 minutes.

There is a new airline called Wow! offering flights to Iceland from Boston for $99 !

Did you guys get the free layover on the way to Europe / N.A. for Iceland? I've heard there's an airline that does that? x

Yeah, Iceland air fe-fuels in Reykjavik, you can use it as a free lay over.

Where is the UK on this list? #38? :lmao:

Ughh. Probably lower. It depends on where you live. Some parts are stunning, some parts are happy (Brighton, Leeds, Manchester, Devon, Cornwall, Wales) The rest want to throw themselves under a train. But our trains dont turn up anyway so most just lie on the tracks.

I've never felt closer to death than in Switzerland. It's so boring.

No wonder they're the go to place for euthanasia.

Australia is definitely a happy country.........for non-white people.

Ugh I need to visit Iceland one day.

Ughh. Probably lower. It depends on where you live. Some parts are stunning, some parts are happy (Brighton, Leeds, Manchester, Devon, Cornwall, Wales) The rest want to throw themselves under a train. But our trains dont turn up anyway so most just lie on the tracks.

:laugh: And now our idiotic rightwing government wants to do a "UK" and privatize our trains!

I want to go back to Cambridge one day, I lived there as a toddler. :inlove:

I got my parents thrown out of the dining hall of Kings College because I was having fun throwing food around :chuckle:

Yay! We're # 14!

anigif_enhanced-9078-1406147981-5.gif

Galatzia+tumblr_ln07g2OwQ31qg3x5uo1_500.

Guest Rachelle of London

Australia is definitely a happy country.........for non-white people.

Ugh I need to visit Iceland one day.

I've always heard the total opposite

Guest Rachelle of London

Do you know what I used to be so negative towards here but come to the conclusion I love this country. The people are grey and miserable like the weather but it beats a lot of other shitholes I've been to I tell ya.

I agree with Roland Switzerland is zzzzz.

This isn't a read, but I'm surprised at how unhappy a lot of first world countries are. I don't get it. How the hell do Mexicans and Brazilians manage to be so happy with all the horrible shit that goes on here and the British, Italians and Japanese apparently want to jump in front of a train? You guys have like welfare and healthcare and jobs that pay like 10328601850784 pounds. And the Japanese even have toilets that sing and clean their holes.

Guest Rachelle of London

This isn't a read, but I'm surprised at how unhappy a lot of first world countries are. I don't get it. How the hell do Mexicans and Brazilians manage to be so happy with all the horrible shit that goes on here and the British, Italians and Japanese apparently want to jump in front of a train? You guys have like welfare and healthcare and jobs that pay like 10328601850784 pounds. And the Japanese even have toilets that sing and clean their holes.

Proof that money doesnt bring happiness. All the rich people I know are all depressed, doing drugs etc and their mums all drink themselves into oblivion. However volunteering in Ghana where people didnt have a pot to piss in, literally, they were genuinely happy.

I don't know about happiest, but i know about most peaceful and most beautiful... and the award goes to my city

These two videos are breathtaking... You should consider visiting

beautiful

Yeah. I think it's incredibly easy to take all the nice things in life for granted, especially when you're a part of the middle class, where maintaining our lifestyle isn't really easy. Yeah, we're well off but we're constantly stressed and hating life. Like this morning, there were protests on the street and I was 30 minutes late and I was beyond stressed and absolutely hating life. Meanwhile, the guy who took my coin on the bus was all laughing and smiley and happy.

Even the trash guys, these guys:

basura2_jaramillo.JPG

always look happy. I always give them old clothes and a six pack of beer and they look SOOOOOOOOOO happy. They're like YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS. I even gave them a pink wig one time and they were LIVING for it.

Money is the worst. Jesus Christ was right.

But that doesn't make sense either because there are some poor ass countries at the bottom of the list... I don't know, maybe I should read the article :lol:

Hallelujah to the sprayer pipe !

bathroom-sprayer.jpeg

:lol: