Madonna 15th Most Powerful American 50+

elijah

15 Madonna
There is only one “Queen of Pop” and, Madonna, with her latest chart-topping—and best—album in more than a decade; Rebel Heart (and world tour) has once again proven why she’s maintained her status as the single-most talked-about pop star in our midst. Her vocals and songwriting on the new album have benefitted from her maturity. There’s no stopping this woman—thank goodness. We can’t even imagine a world without Madonna.

http://nowitcounts.com/nic-50-2015s-ranking-of-the-most-powerful-americans-50/

Why not? She's been a huge icon and box office smash since Devil Wears Prada.

Are you serious with this quote??? That has to be a typo. She was in dozens of films before Devil Wears Prada.

Of course... but she really had a new wave of success with DWP and became a box office sensation after that and an even bigger icon than before. She did have her dry spells after the 80s. I'm talking box office only = more power. And she certainly has that, who else at her age is still able to get such good parts?

Of course... but she really had a new wave of success with DWP and became a box office sensation after that and an even bigger icon than before. She did have her dry spells after the 80s. I'm talking box office only = more power. And she certainly has that, who else at her age is still able to get such good parts?

I don't think that has anything 2 do with power. Movie goers associate her with quality.

But if Meryl steps out wearing new shades, or endorses something, wether it's an opinion or a product,

it won't make those Madonna kind of waves...

It won't make headlines, in part because she has shit taste. But also because she doesn't have that kind of 'charismatic power'.

They just went down a list of celebrities in the age group. & Let's face it Madonna & Hilary or the only true

Global Queens on there. Fuck Orca. :fag:

Well think of Meryl as like the Madonna of the movies (I would use a different analogy mind you, but I've heard that one before). Both elder stateswoman at the very top of their respective fields, both with huge longevity, a penchant for reinvention and an 80s heyday and 90s slump followed by a big comeback - when did Meryl have her Sex phase, er I'm reaching and I don't know where I'm going with this. Meryl is more about respect and technical talent. Someone once said Meryl was the Madonna of movies, which begs the question who IS the Madonna of movies.

I completely agree with what acko said. Of course Madonna is bigger than Meryl and more influential in the overall scheme of things. Maybe Madonna's stock isn't at it its highest now and if she had just toured she would be near the top of the list? If it's going the way those Forbes lists tend to go.

So I take it Oprah was #1? Now she is untouchable. :wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch: When will Madonna hit that billion mark? :(