Appreciate the brilliance of... "I Fucked Up"

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

i love everything about I Fucked Up. i would never change it but had it been called I Screwed Up, Messed Up or whatever, i always think this could have been such a hit.

love the upbeat 60's sound as she goes into her 'dream sequence' of what could have been. the warhols and the swimming pool...

I love this song, the string progression during the "autobahn" verse and the "...or not" at the end. Why was this a bonus track when the album is crippled by fillers...nobody knows. Julien Jabre (co-author with Solveig & Madonna) did many house EP & Albums in the 90's

Like the Sun is back

Guest Pud Whacker

I love this song, the string progression during the "autobahn" verse and the "...or not" at the end. Why was this a bonus track when the album is crippled by fillers...nobody knows. Julien Jabre (co-author with Solveig & Madonna) did many house EP & Albums in the 90's

Like the Sun is back

i cant wait to have a listen to that. later this afternoon. thanks roland hole. xo

Excellent track... and this is the track a few casual fan friends have brought up when mentioning MDNA... it's funny because it was at completely different times and without provocation, they just mentioned it was their fave track.

I love it!!! It's so cute and bittersweet. LOVE when the strings come to life after the "wanna know god's plans" part. :inlove:

I love MDNA, and even tho I don't listen to it as much now, IFU is one of the few that I still find myself humming every now and then.

Guest PRPapi

I absolutely LOVE "I F*cked UP"!!! It's one of the BEST songs off of MDNA, which I think is a FANTASTIC album (hatahs, de damned!).

I, actually, dedicated it to my wife one day after I, very fittingly, fucked up and caused a huge fight. So, I walked-in the door after coming home from work (made sure the kids weren't around), played the song outloud from my phone - which has pretty loud speakers - with a bouquet of flowers in hand. I mouthed the lyrics to her, gave her the flowers, danced with her a bit in the living room while the song was playing, and all was forgiven. :)

Thanks for bringing up the BRILLIANCE of this song. And, I totally agree: had f*cked up been replaced with "messed up," it should have been released as a single and it would've been a hit. Come on, Madonna singing and admitting she messed up, and it's on record?!? People would've eaten that right up!

Guest ditaluver

i love this song so much. Im actually freaked out you made this thread. I came very VERY close to doing it this morning.

I love the lyrics so much!

wanna make god laugh??? tell'em your plans!

gorgeous!

Guest Pud Whacker

i love this song so much. Im actually freaked out you made this thread. I came very VERY close to doing it this morning.

I love the lyrics so much!

wanna make god laugh??? tell'em your plans!

gorgeous!

i love that line so much. :inlove:

I hate the way it's on the bonus disc

Doesn't make it feel part of the album.

Wish she'd done it on tour :(

it would have been so cool on the MDNA tour. :thumbsup:

It's fantastic, and should have been on the actual album (don't give me that bullshit that the deluxe is thee album).

Should have appeared right after love spent.

It's amazing how "adult" a lot of the tracks are, this one especially.

Love it. For me, this and Best Friend are the only good songs on MDNA. Others may be a bit catchy or a bit interesting, but these 2 are the only ones that have the Madonna quality.

Love Spent, Falling Free and I'm a Sinner are beautiful, but i find them too much autopilot. The rest is forgetable in my opinion.