MADONNA PERFORMANCE GIVING ME LIFE TODAY (EPISODE 2)

Sloane

Hello and welcome to the second episode of MADONNA PERFORMANCE GIVING ME LIFE TODAY where, typically, Sloane will be sitting at her desk and all of a sudden a particular Madonna performance enters her mind that SHE HAS TO SEE RIGHT NOW. And all kinds of emotions swirl in her head, watching it, drooling.

Okay this one is a no-brainer, pretty cliche even, but I'm just keeping it real. I HAD TO SEE THIS RIGHT NOW and then share this fact on MNation. That, and the over-abundance of CAP-LOCK, tells you I'm in total loon mode right now after watching it. It slays me every time.

Madonna's Express Yourself from the Blonde Ambition Tour. Shutting down all lessors in one video since 1990.

BOW DOWN.

Guest Pud Whacker

Hello and welcome to the second episode of MADONNA PERFORMANCE GIVING ME LIFE TODAY where, typically, Sloane will be sitting at her desk and all of a sudden a particular Madonna performance enters her mind that SHE HAS TO SEE RIGHT NOW. And all kinds of emotions swirl in her head, watching it, drooling.

Okay this one is a no-brainer, pretty cliche even, but I'm just keeping it real. I HAD TO SEE THIS RIGHT NOW and then share this fact on MNation. That, and the over-abundance of CAP-LOCK, tells you I'm in total loon mode right now after watching it. It slays me every time.

Madonna's Express Yourself from the Blonde Ambition Tour. Shutting down all lessors in one video since 1990.

BOW DOWN.

Has anyone ever been able to match this performance? i think not!!!

This is the performance every aspiring pop artist needs to watch and then ask themselves "Am I willing and able to come even remotely close to this brilliance?" If not, find another job.

That quite simply is the best performance of her entire career, it's her signature performance even. Along with being her best and most shocking ever opening, it also features the best choreography she has ever done whilst wearing her most iconic costume of her entire career. It's quite possibly the best tour performance of all her tours.

It's also quite interesting to watch the genesis of this performance along with her attitude and passion for the statement she was making as the tour progressed. In the Japan shows she comes across quite passively sexual during EY but by the time she hit America, Madonna was far more aware of her power on stage and was well aware of the controversy she was stirring up. When the tour hit Europe, Madonna had become far more provocative and aggressive with the routine. It's incredible to watch her scowl whilst descending the staircase at the audience and then repeatedly touch her crotch before straddling a male dancer not once but twice whilst letting out one of those orgasmic moans that later find its way into Erotica several years later. No pop star had ever pushed the envelope quite like this before and no one has successfully done it since in quite the same way.

... and no Gaga has never come close to equalling EY on BA. What a fucking stupid thing to say.