What is your favourite version of the Blond Ambition Tour?

Guest bluejean

86 members have voted

1. 1. Best filmed verison of Blond Ambition

• Yokohama
    • Barcelona
    • Nice
  2. 2. Best audio only version

• Yokohama
    • Dallas
    • London
    • Barcelona
    • Nice

The business meeting M refuses to have filmed that takes place in the beginning of the film, isn't that about Fincher backing out?

And if they did film those shows, it's possible David was prepping for filming the concert later on and was just figuring out different angles and such.

Hamish Hamilton did this for RIT by filming the Slane castle gig. That's why he sued M as he felt he should have been compensated for pre-production work.

The business meeting M refuses to have filmed that takes place in the beginning of the film, isn't that about Fincher backing out?

And if they did film those shows, it's possible David was prepping for filming the concert later on and was just figuring out different angles and such.

Hamish Hamilton did this for RIT by filming the Slane castle gig. That's why he sued M as he felt he should have been compensated for pre-production work.

That business meeting is Keshishian footage. He's there to film Madge's reaction to Fincher dropping out? Nah. That meeting could be about anything. The inference in the film is that she's pissed about the shitty weather and possibly considering cancellations a la WTG Tour, and also serves to remind us that she keeps business stuff private.

Prepping is one thing, but filming on 35mm in 1990 - we're talking MAJOR $$$. I just can't see it, especially not during appalling weather and so early on in the tour, but who knows?

Hamilton did prep work at various dates, sure. His lawsuit specified New York, California, Florida, Nevada, Paris and London but he did not film that Slane Castle concert. Not only was it pissing down with rain again, it just makes no sense to prep for an arena filming in an outdoor setting, plus I don't remember any extra cameras around at all except one handheld video shooting a few IGTTYAS inserts.

• 1 month later...

Was there bonus material on TUD VHS?

After the credits there was a supposedly a segment featuring Hanky Panky and LAP??

https://youtu.be/Z6mbxRPIF4Q

I never knew

Wonder why they didn't include those perf as extras on the dvd...it's not like it's going to affect the VHS sales lol

I remember going crazy when i first saw the trailer that included some of the express yourself parts that didnt make it on the movie...

• 1 month later...

I know I'm in the minority, but I live for the curls...

tumblr_m3iykdME0h1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3zfv3Ps6I1r7e9vpo1_500.gif

tumblr_mt17xmvsHc1qlycwjo1_r2_400.gif

The curls R better than the ponytail tbh

The London version of Express Yourself sounds much meatier than any other. When she first appears and yells at the audience is so bassy with the loud backin synths. What's the deal there?

I voted Yokohama. I just love the ponytail she wears. It's so cute and sleek. Plus with all the dancing, it would get very hot so keeping the hair pulled off her face like that just seems alot more practical

I thought the curls looked a little stupid at times....too tight!

I've got several bootlegs of BA and it appears to me that some nights she completely lipped Express Yourself whilst other nights she sang along to the backing track. I'm fairly sure this is the case for Vogue and Papa Don't Preach also.

Where's The Party appears to be the only song to be permanently lipped which is understandable considering the choreography, same with EY.

'Where's The Party' and 'Express Yourself' were sung completely live in Dallas. I'm listening right now.

Edited by Arckangel

• 2 months later...

Dr Lecter, you have a pm. Thank you!

Barcelona

I still have the VHS my cousin recorded from SKY MOVIES And the special before it. Was so so amazing.

Plus the hair and the random t shirts
7DCA0FAE-D703-413C-B5EE-E170083D9070-528

rugbyguy, a little late with this, but... there are shows where you can clearly hear M's voice (strained as it may sound) on WTP, so that one wasn't an across-the-board lip, either. Notable was the audio for, I think, Los Angeles, where you can hear her more than on others.

I think, for the most part, she did sing with the prerecorded vocal track for EY, WTP and Vogue- it's just that the track dominated often times.

Barcelona all the way! Like several others on here, I recorded that show at home here in Australia and watched it every day before and after school - drove my family nuts, but I know that whole edit inside out :laugh:

I credit the worn out VHS with cementing my obsession with her at age 11

Barcelona was my introduction to Madonna live for me as a 5 year old in Oz. I wore the tape out within months but luckily for me the broadcast was so successful that they replayed it in '91 I think and my Dad rerecorded it for me but this time the network cut NIFY from the broadcast.

Does anyone know where I can get a good DVD bootleg from so I can relive it? Does anyone have one they could copy for me?

Here's a decent version of Barcelona on Youtube...