Madonna BANNED from backstage show after she texted during half the performance

Stephen

LOL!

The show probably bored M, and hence she texted.

If you can't hold the Queen's attention, you've gotta pick up your game!

Guest Cassius

on the instagram thread someone said she was at ann arbor to see lola's musical. so this is untrue..

Maybe you're right. But ann arbor was yesterday and this was on saturday.

Is this true or not? How can they see from the stage when it's blinding lights to the audience. I mean we all know M would be there shining like illuminati.

madonnablackberry1_0.preview.jpg

"hay girllll yea I'm in the theatre right now so I can't talk I dunno it's not even intermission yet this shit so borin so txt me girl snapchat me or somethin k bai!"

:rotfl:

Madonna's rep is on the offense.

After it was reported that the singer was texting during a performance of Broadway's beloved Hamilton, Madge's rep released the following statement on the incident:

"It's not true. She was invited backstage four different times. She texted post show when they were doing their fundraising pitch. Madonna had already made a generous donation."

The music legend's denial contradicts the tweets of a few audience members who claimed they saw the 56-year-old chatting up a storm during the second act. Even a star of the show allegedly complained about Madonna's lack of phone etiquette.

Hmmm, this is one tricky story!! It's definitely a case of he said/she said.

So, do YOU believe Madonna?

http://perezhilton.com/2015-04-21-madonna-hamilton-broadway-texting-rude-denial#.VTaTfZMVSJN

I don't believe this story. No one in their right mind would prevent the opportunity to meet Madonna backstage! Even if you hated her with every fiber of your being, you'd still want to meet her. lol

If she really was texting during the show, yes, that's rude. But why make a big deal about it? Maybe the show was boring? I'm pretty sure whatever she was doing on her phone was a bilion times more interesting than whatever was happening on stage. :)

I don't believe this story. No one in their right mind would prevent the opportunity to meet Madonna backstage! Even if you hated her with every fiber of your being, you'd still want to meet her. lol

If she really was texting during the show, yes, that's rude. But why make a big deal about it? Maybe the show was boring? I'm pretty sure whatever she was doing on her phone was a bilion times more interesting than whatever was happening on stage. :)

Yeah i wanna know who she was texting and what was she texting about lol!! Fxck the show!!!!

• 2 months later...

Curtain called out! Jonathan Groff had some harsh words for Madonna in a recent interview with Dot429. The Looking star, 30, was chatting about his role in Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical Hamilton when the interviewer brought up a report that Madonna was banned from the show after attending in April.

Asked whether he was disappointed that the Queen of Pop had been declared persona non grata at the theater, Groff replied, "No. Because that bitch was on her phone. You couldn't miss it from the stage. It was a black void of the audience in front of us and her face there perfectly lit by the light of her iPhone through three-quarters of the show." :lmao:

According to a report from Playbill.com at the time, Miranda was so irked by the incident that he declined to invite the "Rebel Heart" singer backstage for a photo, as he's been known to do with other stars. He also reportedly tweeted (and then deleted) a message reading: "Tonight was the first time I asked stage management NOT to allow a celebrity (who was texting all through Act 2) backstage. #noselfieforyou"

Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, previously addressed the controversy in a statement to Us Weekly, saying, "It's not true. She was invited backstage four different times. She texted post show when they were doing their fundraising pitch. Madonna had already made a generous donation."

In any case, the "Ghosttown" performer is hardly the only guest who's left an impression on the cast of the show, which is set to open on Broadway after a successful run off-Broadway. First Lady Michelle Obama, for example, attended a matinee earlier on the same day that Madonna was there.

"We were collecting for Broadway Cares after the show, and Mrs. Obama stayed in the audience while the Broadway Cares speech happened, and Lin called her out and the audience applauded for her," Groff recalled. "Then she came backstage and hugged every crew member — the wig girl, all the costume people, every cast member. She said to us — and this is a direct quote — 'This is the greatest piece of art I've ever seen.'"

"It's crazy," the Glee alum continued. "I've never been a part of a theatrical experience in which you have in the audience Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama and Bernadette Peters and Busta Rhymes and Black Thought and Jimmy Fallon and Dick Cheney..."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jonathan-groff-claims-madonna-has-bad-theater-etiquette-2015117#ixzz3fnd9HXbn

On a related note, saw this today: Broadway Star Patti LuPone Seizes Phone From Texting Audience Member, Threatens to Quit Theater :rotfl: LOVE Patti!