What are exactly the terms of her contract with Live Nation?

Guest HaveASit

Hindsight is such a disease.

You lot are forgetting how pissed off we all were with Warners and how happy everyone was when she left. They were great with her first single releases and promoting her albums but let's not forget that they gave up on AL, COAD and HC after the first and second singles and aloud amazing singles like Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Get Together, Jump, Give it 2 Me, Miles Away and Revolver to completely tank on the charts. Let's also not forget the embarrassment that was Celebration and the complete failure to show any interest in remastering her back catalogue and giving us the tour DVD's that we so desperately long for.

Warners sucked for the last decade of her contract with them and there is no guarantees that they will pull their heads out of their asses if she went back to them, which I find highly unlikely anyway. If they were as good as you all think dont you think she would have signed with them in 2011 and not Interscope?

... And Karbatal, stop calling Rebel Heart a mess!

Baby RH is one of my fav albums. Love every song. I said it was a wonderful mess because it is. Mess release mess editions and mess tracklisting. But is among her top5

Warners tried to keep Madonna, but they couldn't match Live Nation's offer, so they had to let her go. As I pointed out earlier, neither party would have entered into the distribution deal for S&S if they had parted on bad terms. However, David Guetta did comment that "Revolver" floundered because by that stage, Madonna had left Warners and there was no real reason for them to push the single.

Others have said many, many times that real fans need to be put in charge of mastering her catlogue, choosing the "correct" versions to go on GH compilations etc. etc., because some 22 year old underling at Warners isn't going to have a clue about the difference between the TIC version of LAV and the original single/album version. That's not the kid's fault and you can't blame Warners for not putting an executive or highly experienced person in charge of putting together a compilation album. Ultimately, Guy should have kept a closer eye on procedings - that's what Madonna pays him to do. He was probably really happy with "Celebration", but he should have picked up the mastering errors (e.g. "Music").

Warners always did a great job with the first few singles. They didn't really know what to do about AL, but they did next to nothing with "Miles Away" ("Revolver" aside, it's really their only misstep in the UK and Europe when it comes to single releases/promo).

Nor Guy or Madonna have noticed the mastering errors in RH either. Messiah goes up in volume suddenly at the middle. They haven't even listen to the album in a proper stereo

Warner Bros. wasn't all bad. I only think they went downhill from 2008 onwards when she announced she was leaving. "Hard Candy" was badly promoted and had bad single choices, "Celebration" was non-promoted and a complete misguided affair with terrible versions and audio problems, the video collection was a low quality mess. Then we got the vinyl reissues with photocopied artwork and "The Complete Studio Albums" which was terribly designed and again low quality. I wonder if it was a big fuck you to her leaving, as I cannot believe they would release such lazy, low quality work for a superstar like Madonna. There's been recent remasters and box sets for the likes of Belinda Carlisle and Kylie Minogue which are far superior and done by smaller labels. I agree they need to hire a fan who knows her catalogue in and out, so we get the best versions included and actual bonus material. I dream for that day we get a greatest hits or a box set with a lot of work and thought for the fans put into it.

I don't understand why people here are still bitching about Celebration as if it was a scandalous release. Greatest Hits are not really for hardcore fans and I doubt the general public/casual fans care about what versions are included and what minor glitches they hear. It was still a commercial success and triumphant moment for M. Let's not forget the flawless artwork and trailers

While Warner might have sucked in terms of promo longevity, they were excellent in launching her eras.

I don't understand why people here are still bitching about Celebration as if it was a scandalous release. Greatest Hits are not really for hardcore fans and I doubt the general public/casual fans care about what versions are included and what minor glitches they hear. It was still a commercial success and triumphant moment for M. Let's not forget the flawless artwork and trailers

While Warner might have sucked in terms of promo longevity, they were excellent in launching her eras.

I don't think it's very fair of you to decide who Madonna's releases are designed for.

At the end of the day, it wasn't a well handled release, see Mattress' "Celebration: A Retardation" thread for more info....

I don't think it's very fair of you to decide who Madonna's releases are designed for.

At the end of the day, it wasn't a well handled release, see Mattress' "Celebration: A Retardation" thread for more info....

From a "real" fan's point of view yes the release was very sloppy but I'm saying that some fans are critizing it like it was a critically panned commercial failure. It was well received by the public.

No one cares about the public or critics perception, they're not aware of single edits and mixes and chopped edits and bad mastering.

Why do people want Freddy back? I doubt he would do better for Madonna now. I mean, he is old school and the industry has changed a lot.

Couldn't agree more.

The rule of the game has changed.

One doesn't require any talent these days and yet still able to get onto the top as long as you have a social media account.

Sad but true.

[quote name="Carta" post="2013800" timestamp="1429524352"

What this means is that Madonna has until September 2019 to release her third album under her original 360 deal. What is less clear, though, is by when the touring component must be fulfilled. However, as I said earlier, it's likely that a tour is required after each album, so I would say that there is room to move with the end date of the touring component (i.e. if Madonna doesn't release another album until 2019, LN might be happy to extend the 10-year touring contract to 11 years).

I am quite certain MADONNA will release new album before she turns 60 on 2018

Why do people want Freddy back? I doubt he would do better for Madonna now. I mean, he is old school and the industry has changed a lot.

How ageism. Silly old school folks have no idea how to handle tweeter, iTunes, billboard spotify charts, and Instagram -so so so difficult! I wish Freddie would get off dial up Internet and go to wifi. He is currently managing Shakira on dial up internet and look how brilliantly she is doing!

The fact is Freddie knew how to manage Madonna the superstar, Guy O knows how to manage Madonna the bank account, and Live Nation know how to manage flop releases like Rebel Heart.

Never mind the label, when's her contract with guy up? Bring back Freddie demann.

Yes. This is where the real issue lies imo. And has done for a long time. Responsible for all the awful adverts and lacklustre endorsements. Just milking Madonna and not being a good steward of her image.

Never mind the label, when's her contract with guy up? Bring back Freddie demann.

Yes. This is where the real issue lies imo. And has done for a long time. Responsible for all the awful adverts and lacklustre endorsements. Just milking Madonna and not being a good steward of her image.

You have no business making any comments on M's career when you haven't even listened to her new album. You are hardly a fan.

How ageism. Silly old school folks have no idea how to handle tweeter, iTunes, billboard spotify charts, and Instagram -so so so difficult! I wish Freddie would get off dial up Internet and go to wifi. He is currently managing Shakira on dial up internet and look how brilliantly she is doing!

The fact is Freddie knew how to manage Madonna the superstar, Guy O knows how to manage Madonna the bank account, and Live Nation know how to manage flop releases like Rebel Heart.

Yeah, that's not what I was saying.

Found this:

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/54697

"MDNA" is the second tour under a 10-year multi-rights deal between Madonna and Live Nation, signed in 2007. "MDNA" is Madonna's fifth tour with Fogel's team, a run that marks the Material Girl's ascent into the elite ranks of touring artists and inarguably makes her the top touring female artist of all time.

• 4 months later...

So after Rebel Heart Tour, there's one more tour to go + one more optional album.

According to one of the MadonnaTribe mods, andifeel, the Rebel Heart album and tour complete M's contract, with an optional compilation album to follow.

According to one of the MadonnaTribe mods, andifeel, the Rebel Heart album and tour complete M's contract, with an optional compilation album to follow.

That makes sense. Although, I'm kind of surprised that in this day and age a compilation would count as one of the albums to satisfy the contract. If that's the case, they should just let MDNA live album + the inevitable RH tour live album count as one album.

Freddie was against many of her most iconic moments. He was allegedly furious with her at the first VMAS, tried to talk her out of Truth or Dare, so most likely Sex, as well.

compilation album? hopefully no greatest hits. Maybe the Rebel Heart live 2cd ?