Lovely article about M

Great article! One of my favorite parts from it:

"for me and other fans the world over, it always boils down to one clear commitment: with someone as extreme, maddening, polarising and groundbreaking as Madonna, you are either in or you’re out. And, after 31 years of watching the most important female artist of all time, I am resigned to the fact that I will never be anything other than in."

Brilliant article!

I'm increasingly convinced that it's Madonna's fans (and some mentally unbalanced haters, of course) who feed the negativity rather than the public at large. In fact, most of the "negative" aspects of this era were overstated and overhyped by fans. The fall? Most people saw it as a professional getting right back up. The fans made it negative. The kiss with Drake? Most people couldn't care less. The fans dragged it out with worry. The sales? Even as people show that FACTUALLY speaking it's the industry that's suffering, not Rebel Heart, the fans continue to bemoan Madonna's "awful" sales.

And when an amazing article like this is posted, it gets nine replies, while the Coachella disaster thread threatens to become the longest of the year :laugh:

Brilliant article!

I'm increasingly convinced that it's Madonna's fans (and some mentally unbalanced haters, of course) who feed the negativity rather than the public at large. In fact, most of the "negative" aspects of this era were overstated and overhyped by fans. The fall? Most people saw it as a professional getting right back up. The fans made it negative. The kiss with Drake? Most people couldn't care less. The fans dragged it out with worry. The sales? Even as people show that FACTUALLY speaking it's the industry that's suffering, not Rebel Heart, the fans continue to bemoan Madonna's "awful" sales.

And when an amazing article like this is posted, it gets nine replies, while the Coachella disaster thread threatens to become the longest of the year :laugh:

True, people will always focus on the negative aspect as it's up for a debate the most, I guess it's in our nature.

Brilliant article!

THIS.