Rebel Heart is in some ways, an indie album.

Perhaps not indie but I agree with the general idea started in this thread. M is very experimental with this album and much of it comes across as artistic rather than commercial. Rebel Heart thumbs its' nose at the traditional pop music industry.

I think at this stage of her carrer , it was time for fans to have this "idea" of an idie M.

And I think after more than 30years we all have a thik pop culture skin to appreciate this amazing artist THIS WAY .

It s like living in a world of second rate music but instead we listen to this woman s music Everybody talk about but we only can appreciate .

Sorry, Madonna is not an indie artist. She is the biggest female music superstar ever and the biggest selling female music star of all time. It it the same as saying the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson are indie artists. Yes, she does experiment with different styles and songs from other superstars but that just makes her an incredible artist, not an Indie artist.

Sorry, Madonna is not an indie artist. She is the biggest female music superstar ever and the biggest selling female music star of all time. It it the same as saying the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson are indie artists. Yes, she does experiment with different styles and songs from other superstars but that just makes her an incredible artist, not an Indie artist.

Exactly. And it's an insult for those real indies who are risking years and money to get noticed. Madonna is a superstar, she earned it, she is the Queen, and she's not indie since 1983.

Definitely agree with this. She is certainly not an indie artist but has created music that no other mainstream artist ever would/could. Stuff like secret garden, erotica, drowned world, bedtime story, impressive insant, paradise, shanti, nobody's perfect. I cannot imagine any other mainstream artist making music that left field. Fact

I think you say it perfectly.

M never wanted to be indie. She wanted to be #1 and rule the world.

Erotica, American Life and Rebel Heart may be loved by fans and critics -

but they weren't intended as commercial failures to be "cool". That's ridiculous.

I'm sure Madonna didn't/doesn't want those to be commercial failures but she is willing to take a risk to make the music that she wanted/wants to make. Isn't that what indie artists want to do? Make the music they want to make?

Madonna and indie are two words that don't belong in the same sentence. Bitch, she's Madonna.

Indie-donna?

1253886001_office-no.gif

RH can be called "experimental" (and that's a stretch) or "less commercial" but it's not an indie album.

lol what the hell is this?

RH isn't even that experimental (with the exception of a few Yeezus sounds here and there). It's eclectic but I can definitely see every song on it being played on the radio or on TV.

If there is one album in her discography that caters to an 'alternative' crowd (I believe that's the word the OP was looking for...not indie), then that's American Life.

Guest Cassius

I'm sure Madonna didn't/doesn't want those to be commercial failures but she is willing to take a risk to make the music that she wanted/wants to make. Isn't that what indie artists want to do? Make the music they want to make?

There's nothing risky on RH

Perhaps not indie but I agree with the general idea started in this thread. M is very experimental with this album and much of it comes across as artistic rather than commercial. Rebel Heart thumbs its' nose at the traditional pop music industry.

What is so experimental with this album? The delusion!

Guest Cassius

lol what the hell is this?

RH isn't even that experimental (with the exception of a few Yeezus sounds here and there). It's eclectic but I can definitely see every song on it being played on the radio or on TV.

If there is one album in her discography that caters to an 'alternative' crowd (I believe that's the word the OP was looking for...not indie), then that's American Life.

American Life? Lolz

the answer would be ROL (obviously). Even Rock lovers were buying this album.

Omg shut the fuck up! Good G*d I stop visiting the shit site that is Atrl just to find the same nonsense ignorant and inmature bull here. RH the thirteen leaked studio album from a 30+ career polarizing pop singer not selling millions?! oh Noooo!!! You don't fucking say!

:clap: