Live to Tell (theme song for "The Giving Tree")

We're back! So, with Earth Day around the corner, we decided to turn "The Giving Tree" into a music video using "Live to Tell." I thought that a song about loss and abandonment would fit well with the themes of the story. Watch the kiddos act and sing their little hearts out as they pull on your heartstrings...

I love the video!

On a side note, that book always makes me so sad because that boy/man takes EVERYTHING from that tree. :'(

Yeah, it's a sad one :-( The kids had a great time making it though. They're 5, so their understanding of it is very literal at this point. It's my hope that they'll look back at this years from now and see a deeper meaning (and keep loving Madonna, of course).

Yeah, it's a sad one :-( The kids had a great time making it though. They're 5, so their understanding of it is very literal at this point. It's my hope that they'll look back at this years from now and see a deeper meaning (and keep loving Madonna, of course).

Beautiful version of a sad and wise story. Always love the effort and vision you have. Plus, introducing children to the wonderful music of Madonna which you always use so wonderfully.

Beautiful version of a sad and wise story. Always love the effort and vision you have. Plus, introducing children to the wonderful music of Madonna which you always use so wonderfully.

Thank you jazzyjan! The "effort and vision" come from having Madonna in a constant loop in my head. Always a labor of love :-)

This was so wonderful, you did such a great job, the kids were brilliant... and yes the song is very fitting :)

Thank you :-) I always thought that if The Giving Tree could sing a song, it'd be "Live to Tell."

this is really beautiful!

Thank you! Had another screening today at school and it looks like the kids really seem to "get it." I'm in the process of trying to share it with some education pages (and some Madonna pages). In an ideal world, I'd love for this to be shown in classrooms everywhere. Sneaky way to introduce Madonna to the kiddos ;-)