Diplo: Bitch, We Are All Madonna

Has this been posted???

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7070078

Matthew Jacobs

Posted: 04/16/15 08:22 AM ET Updated: 1 hours ago

Madonna is moving swiftly through her "Rebel Heart" tracklist, releasing "Living for Love" and "Ghosttown" videos and performing "Joan of Arc," "Devil Pray" and, most recently, "Bitch I'm Madonna." She debuted the latter on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last week, during which Diplo joined her for a rowdy performance that found Madonna and her dancers prancing through the entire studio.

"Bitch I'm Madonna," which Diplo produced alongside English electronic producer Sophie, is among the six songs Madonna rushed to release after "Rebel Heart" leaked online in December. When The Huffington Post sat down with her last month, we asked Madonna to recount an instance where she used the expression "bitch, I'm Madonna" -- but the singer insisted the thought hadn't entered her mind until Diplo introduced it to her. The song's title might sound like a puffed-up self-reference, but Diplo told us this week, while promoting Major Lazer's new self-titled animated series, that the expression isn't unique to Madonna. In other words, anyone who maintains his or her cool in the face of boundless criticism is, in effect, a Madonna.

Diplo couldn't recall the exact origins of the idea of "being Madonna," but he knows he heard it in a rap song, perhaps by Lil B, whose "Pretty Boy Anthem" includes the lyrics "I look like Madonna / Bitch, I'm a farmer." He took the idea to Madge herself, insisting they recruit Nicki Minaj, who collaborated on Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and has long been vocal about idolizing the 56-year-old singer. Diplo said the song addresses naysayers who slam Madonna because she's been in the business for so long -- just like those who used her age as ridicule for making out with Drake during his recent Coachella set, a moment Diplo praised as "sick."

"We made this record about, 'Fuck it, bitch, were all Madonna,'" he said, which clarifies why the "Tonight Show" performance featured her son Rocco, a random guy dressed as a police officer and even Fallon himself saying the words "bitch, I'm Madonna." That means it can be your catchphrase, too.

But there's another twist: Because Madonna hurried to master the demos of the six "Rebel Heart" tracks she released to combat the leaks, the album version of the song isn't Diplo's final mix. He said he was "kind of done" with the track as we know it, so he's since posted his intended cut on SoundCloud.

In addition to securing his spot in Madonna's coterie, 2015 is a big year for Diplo. Major Lazer's third album, "Peace is the Mission," will be out June 1, boasting a tracklist that features Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding, Pusha T and 2 Chainz. And on Thursday, FXX's Animation Domination High-Def series "Major Lazer" will premiere after nearly five years of development. "Lost" star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje voices the titular Jamaican superhero, with support from J.K. Simmons, Aziz Ansari, Riff Raff, Andy Samberg, Charli XCX and Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig

yes, and does somebody have his final mix?

He posted it on soundcloud (I believebits what was used in Fallon and on his radio 1 mix show)

It's in the link at the top of the page.

Very interesting that the final version isn't whsys included on the album. Makes me wonder what other tracks fall in this category.

Diplo has really come around in support of her, very nice to see.

Not trying to stir anything up here, but I swear I remember a few years ago (maybe around WE or MDNA) Diplo dissed her on his Instagram?? Am I completely in la la land with this?? I just feel like at one point he wasn't too friendly toward her. It's irrelevant now obviously, but just goes to show the power of Madonna.

Doesn't matter if his final mix was not used for the Album. He has it on soundcloud and it has been, how do you all say it, streamed over 2million times it seems, but will they buy it if released? Music consumers are becoming cheap and self entitled.

Even Riris BBHMM peaked at 19 on the BB200. Like isn't she one of the leaders of the new school? Should it not be a guaranteed top 10 with all the streaming and radio play plus front loading she gets?

Something is wrong somewhere. I can't put my finger on it. My cousin was just saying this is one of his fave Madonna albums ever and this is not a Madonna fan like us but he plays GT every damn day. I remain baffled at the sales numbers for RH. Baffled.

Diplo has really come around in support of her, very nice to see.

Not trying to stir anything up here, but I swear I remember a few years ago (maybe around WE or MDNA) Diplo dissed her on his Instagram?? Am I completely in la la land with this?? I just feel like at one point he wasn't too friendly toward her. It's irrelevant now obviously, but just goes to show the power of Madonna.

He never dissed Madonna as such, but he's made it clear that he thinks GMAYL is shit, at least the album version.

Has this been posted???

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7070078

Matthew Jacobs

Posted: 04/16/15 08:22 AM ET Updated: 1 hours ago

Madonna is moving swiftly through her "Rebel Heart" tracklist, releasing "Living for Love" and "Ghosttown" videos and performing "Joan of Arc," "Devil Pray" and, most recently, "Bitch I'm Madonna." She debuted the latter on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last week, during which Diplo joined her for a rowdy performance that found Madonna and her dancers prancing through the entire studio.

"Bitch I'm Madonna," which Diplo produced alongside English electronic producer Sophie, is among the six songs Madonna rushed to release after "Rebel Heart" leaked online in December. When The Huffington Post sat down with her last month, we asked Madonna to recount an instance where she used the expression "bitch, I'm Madonna" -- but the singer insisted the thought hadn't entered her mind until Diplo introduced it to her. The song's title might sound like a puffed-up self-reference, but Diplo told us this week, while promoting Major Lazer's new self-titled animated series, that the expression isn't unique to Madonna. In other words, anyone who maintains his or her cool in the face of boundless criticism is, in effect, a Madonna.

Diplo couldn't recall the exact origins of the idea of "being Madonna," but he knows he heard it in a rap song, perhaps by Lil B, whose "Pretty Boy Anthem" includes the lyrics "I look like Madonna / Bitch, I'm a farmer." He took the idea to Madge herself, insisting they recruit Nicki Minaj, who collaborated on Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and has long been vocal about idolizing the 56-year-old singer. Diplo said the song addresses naysayers who slam Madonna because she's been in the business for so long -- just like those who used her age as ridicule for making out with Drake during his recent Coachella set, a moment Diplo praised as "sick."

"We made this record about, 'Fuck it, bitch, were all Madonna,'" he said, which clarifies why the "Tonight Show" performance featured her son Rocco, a random guy dressed as a police officer and even Fallon himself saying the words "bitch, I'm Madonna." That means it can be your catchphrase, too.

But there's another twist: Because Madonna hurried to master the demos of the six "Rebel Heart" tracks she released to combat the leaks, the album version of the song isn't Diplo's final mix. He said he was "kind of done" with the track as we know it, so he's since posted his intended cut on SoundCloud.

In addition to securing his spot in Madonna's coterie, 2015 is a big year for Diplo. Major Lazer's third album, "Peace is the Mission," will be out June 1, boasting a tracklist that features Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding, Pusha T and 2 Chainz. And on Thursday, FXX's Animation Domination High-Def series "Major Lazer" will premiere after nearly five years of development. "Lost" star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje voices the titular Jamaican superhero, with support from J.K. Simmons, Aziz Ansari, Riff Raff, Andy Samberg, Charli XCX and Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig

Yes yes yes!!!

It's a very important song. I love it.

SO the final mix of Living for love is not Madonna's favourite mix and now the final mix of BIM is not the one that should have been ( and his is really superior to the album version)..... that's disturbing.

It's a shame!! I wish her creative vision was put into full effect! At least we managed to get two albums worth of songs released, and those GORGEOUS music videos.

I'm still sad for her :(

SO the final mix of Living for love is not Madonna's favourite mix and now the final mix of BIM is not the one that should have been ( and his is really superior to the album version)..... that's disturbing.

yes.well, at least they can release his mix as the single mix

Why not? I want to hear the reason for this.

I'm not really a bottom firstly, and he'd have a tough time convincing me to go for it...haha. I love him and he's hot but not hot enough for my ass being poked! Special men get the privilege.

It sounds the same as the album version to me, but this is my least favourite RH track, so it's just noise to these ears. Diplo is dead sexy!

same here although I LOVED the Jimmy Fallon performance! She rocked and she obviouslly loves the song!