Mrs. Ritchie/Housewifedonna Appreciation Thread

loowee

best reinvention?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Did you love her persona back then?

• YAS! She was acting her age!
    • NO! M-dolla>>>>>>

What date was the toronto premiere? The toronto face looks significantly better than the live8 face and may in fact be the result of a fresh surgery as it does take time for the new face to set in.

Also, the motorola face looks significantly better than her faces from earlier that year.

Im not a cosmetic surgery expert but here's what the internet had on a facelift:

• Following surgery your entire head will be bandaged. The bandage may feel tight at first because it is meant to apply an even pressure to your face, neck and head to minimize bruising and swelling. The bandages are usually removed one day after surgery.

Even if Madonna had bandages on for longer, that would have still given her several days before she was photographed again.

Again, im not convinced but do appreciate everyone providing what they feel is evidence...though nothing really substantial.

What date was the toronto premiere? The toronto face looks significantly better than the live8 face and may in fact be the result of a fresh surgery as it does take time for the new face to set in.

Also, the motorola face looks significantly better than her faces from earlier that year.

Im not a cosmetic surgery expert but here's what the internet had on a facelift:

• Following surgery your entire head will be bandaged. The bandage may feel tight at first because it is meant to apply an even pressure to your face, neck and head to minimize bruising and swelling. The bandages are usually removed one day after surgery.
Even if Madonna had bandages on for longer, that would have still given her several days before she was photographed again.

Again, im not convinced but do appreciate everyone providing what they feel is evidence...though nothing really substantial.

You really are pushing it dear, and you have provided no substantial evidence.

You really are pushing it dear, and you have provided no substantial evidence.

Whoop....im not pushing anything. This is what I feel happened.

You feel otherwise. That is fair. You havent provided any substantial evidence either.

Madonna having a horse-riding accident and alternatively faking one to get some work done on her face and can both be possible and get her press.

I have no need to rule either scenario out.

Im more shocked that she was able to put on that amazing performance of Hung up on Nov.3rd 2005, which would have been 10 weeks after her ribs, hand and clavicle broke. Lets say at minimum 2 weeks to heal though from what I read online, it could take upwards of 5 weeks to 2 months for broken ribs to heal.

Do people really think Madonna is some kind of manipulative liar that fakes falling off a horse and breaking bones to get surgery ? She has talked about the accident many times. The plastic surgery obsessives in here are tiresome and keep popping up.

Why the fuck did she need to lie about plastic surgery when this is the woman who allows herself to look like a puffy mess in public ?

What KIND of surgery would require her to take a long break?

Who the fuck is this person asking for evidence of her not lying when he was the first one to come up with such baseless accusation?

Her facial features have ALWAYS remained the same and all she had was needles of botox here and there and that probably didn't happen till 2007.

She lost a lot of weight after the horse accident because she said in an interview it prevented her from going to the gym,and for a fitness freak like her it must have been hard to not get a workout so she probably opted to not eating that much...it was the ABC interview with Cynthia Mcfadden(?)

Why the fuck did she need to lie about plastic surgery when this is the woman who allows herself to look like a puffy mess in public ?

What KIND of surgery would require her to take a long break?

Who the fuck is this person asking for evidence of her not lying when her was the first one to come up with such baseless accusation?

Her facial features have ALWAYS remained the same and all she had was needles of botox here and there and that probably didn't happen till 2007.

Exactly. This is such a non-issue, I can't believe it's being bickered over. Let's just let the conspiracy theories drift off into oblivion where they belong, saves everyone a headache.

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

I didn't mind this era at all, mainly bc her remixes were slammin' and the videos were still on-point. Let's not forget we got an actual director on one of her videos and it showed in aces. She looked pretty during this era and I like the chicken picture. I guess all this is why I became a fan during English Roses period. <----- little known fact.

To me, the Estha years ended with COADF (and started roughly around DAD & the children's books - I don't consider Music to be a part of the Esther mindset). COADF brought my bitch back in full force. My sighs of relief were countless when I saw her loosen up again, and recharge her image with bold attitude and sexuality. I remember it like yesterday. She was firing on all cylinders.

Hard Candy... Meh. Generic and bland on her standard, and so was her gym-soaked image. And then she took the gym act even further with MDNA, of course.

eeehhhh......no.

COADF still had plenty of Esther. HC was straight up bitch. And thank god.

eeehhhh......no.

COADF still had plenty of Esther. HC was straight up bitch. And thank god.

Her COADF interviews were the WORST. At least she had some interesting things to say during the AL era.

Do people really think Madonna is some kind of manipulative liar that fakes falling off a horse and breaking bones to get surgery ? She has talked about the accident many times. The plastic surgery obsessives in here are tiresome and keep popping up.

Who the fuck is this person asking for evidence of her not lying when he was the first one to come up with such baseless accusation?

Exactly!!!

HA....faking a horrific horse accident to cover for a face lift....??? Now I've heard it all.

Plus, these folks don't realize you can't claim things as "fact" unless you provide actual evidence for such claims. 'Feelings' are not facts.

We've had this discussion here a million times...and basically already hammered it out. Plus, Madonna is most likely not the type to need to fake an 'incident' (and one that could have paralyzed or killed her at that) to cover for plastic surgery. They're confusing her with plenty of others in show business.

Exactly!!!

HA....faking a horrific horse accident to cover for a face lift....??? Now I've heard it all.

Plus, these folks don't realize you can't claim things as "fact" unless you provide actual evidence for such claims. 'Feelings' are not facts.

We've had this discussion here a million times...and basically already hammered it out. Plus, Madonna is most likely not the type to need to fake an 'incident' (and one that could have paralyzed or killed her at that) to cover for plastic surgery. They're confusing her with plenty of others in show business.

I know right? It would've been an interesting debate if she had come back with a brand new face. But she pretty much looked the same throughout the 00's till 2007! And I don't even think she has ever done any surgical operation to her face at all. It's all injections injections injections which recover in a few days. Seriously was he imagining all the "lies" the entire time and thinking he's smart for that? That's mental!

Aside from American Life, there is nothing I miss about this era

tumblr_inline_mhixj3NiAk1qzyf6z.jpg

:rotfl:

The cap

The Starbucks

The Louie

The Tracksuit

That photo really sums of this era perfectly.

I know right? It would've been an interesting debate if she had come back with a brand new face. But she pretty much looked the same throughout the 00's till 2007! And I don't even think she has ever done any surgical operation to her face at all. It's all injections injections injections which recover in a few days. Seriously was he imagining all the "lies" the entire time and thinking he's smart for that? That's mental!

I know. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Plus, a horrific horse accident? Of which there are pictures? You just don't make up something like that to cover for something, especially when you're already as superstitious as Madonna. She's made it very clear how she feels about stuff like that.

Her COADF interviews were the WORST. At least she had some interesting things to say during the AL era.

Well to be fair, Madonna in nice gal mode makes for a boring interview. And that was COADF, until the cross that is.

I still don't consider COADF Esther tho. Esther doesn't shove her pussy into the camera in music videos, hump boom boxes, have cameltoes, lick her finger after fingering her puzzy, or have #1 record breaking hits :1251:

She barely even gave interviews during HC, but the McFadden interview was cute.

Gym+Kabbalah+Soy lattes :)

I remember her Will&Grace episode (she looked AMAZING!) and her Megan Mullaly interview for VH1,seems like it was just yesterday

She had a period 2007/2008 where she was constantly wearing Ed Hardy to the gym :( sadly I bought some because of her

I'm not sure if the leotard outfit ended Esther because her Confessions era interviews were so boring and predictable and the Esther persona trait was still very evident. To me Esther died when her booty was getting down like ugh at the S&S Tour. She was looking rough but at least we knew she was going through a transitional phase in her life (divorce+menopause = a big mess).

this. Some fans trashed HC yet it was the beginning of the return of the Madonna they loved! Sugar pussy!

Even tho Hard Candy was the full realization of the comeback of DEMONNA, I feel like COADF was the germination. Remember how covered up Esther was? The fact that we saw so much of her body during COADF was a big surprise at the time. No one remembers cuz we've seen so much skin since. But there was a time when Madonna in a very tight/form fitting leotard was pretty unexpected.

I feel like it was then that she started loosening up a little. Let's face it, for many years Madonna was so uptight. Listen to the Jo Whiley 2001 interview. It's awkward to hear her that way. Madonna was back to her old tricks by 2006, leotards, S&M play, scandals.

COADF was flawless.

Guest ziggy

Even tho Hard Candy was the full realization of the comeback of DEMONNA, I feel like COADF was the germination. Remember how covered up Esther was? The fact that we saw so much of her body during COADF was a big surprise at the time. No one remembers cuz we've seen so much skin since. But there was a time when Madonna in a very tight/form fitting leotard was pretty unexpected.

I feel like it was then that she started loosening up a little. Let's face it, for many years Madonna was so uptight. Listen to the Jo Whiley 2001 interview. It's awkward to hear her that way. Madonna was back to her old tricks by 2006, leotards, S&M play, scandals.

COADF was flawless.

Word.

Yes, her interviews during COADF were still pregnant with Kabbalah, and she was still a Lady of the Manor, albeit donning a leotard, but when it comes to her public image, she just seemed to finally strike the perfect balance between Dita and Estha without going to either extreme.

She also had something universal to say. To me, her political mission during AL was never convincing because it was really only about her and Kabbalah, and it just seemed, shall we say, rich. During COADF her actions spoke louder than her words. For instance, there was genuine poignancy about her hanging on a cross and uniting a male couple with different religious symbols inked in their skin on her stage, as opposed to her doing a mediocre take on an endlessly recycled John Lennon anthem and saying nothing concrete in the process.

The imagery, sounds and performances were vibrant and instantly iconic. This was Madonna at her peak, through and through. The music was unique and soulful, unlike during Hard Candy and MDNA when she settled with phoning it in. There was no stopping her. She was no longer Estha.

Sometimes you still see wannabe's with the cap, tracksuit starbucks, blackberry-look

Unlike much of her output that is timeless, this look sure is not...

AbFabMoss.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Are you aware that promo advertisments like the Motorola ad use quite a bit of airbrushing?